Sunderland v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sunderland v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:33 pm Jeez you don't half get carried away in the moment.

It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that DF wants promotion - He's here to win as many games as is possible, it's that simple.

On Saturday v Coventry, he'll be putting out a team to win a game, the same with the next one.

I and many others won't be thinking 'Oh look, he's trying to consolidate again'
You are misunderstanding.

Everyone wants promotion Df included.

I meant that if he doesn't get promoted that he wouldn't be a massive failure.

Literally only reason he got the job was his Championship promotion thing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

What's your past involvement in football Cjay, playing or managing ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Not wanting to get in the way of the Cjay / Kenny bun fight but we currently have more points than Burnley had after this many games last season and they romped it so all is not lost. Just saying...
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:40 pm What's your past involvement in football Cjay, playing or managing ?
You've asked me this before I'm not repeating myself :lol:

The vast majority of football fans have had no involvement whatsoever with professional football incidentally.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:46 pm Not wanting to get in the way of the Cjay / Kenny bun fight but we currently have more points than Burnley had after this many games last season and they romped it so all is not lost. Just saying...
And less points than 70% of the top 2 at this stage in the last 10 years.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:28 pm I despair Jay.

We bring on Bamford & a kid wet behind the ears & that is the extent of an attacking threat in the No.9 role outside our first XI.
I think I go back to us v Leicester. 100% right from both manager & players. If you watched that you know Farke can do the business so saying (not you) he can’t affect the team is simply not true. Can he do it consistently is the question.
However Sunderland were spot on including the managers decision (as highlighted on Sky) to play Bellingham more centrally and he pops up and scores albeit from some crap defending.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:52 pm And less points than 70% of the top 2 at this stage in the last 10 years.
You do some serious study Cjay. I’m surprised there’s enough hours in the day or do you use an algorithm or maybe just make it up like politicians do on Question Time.
I could see you on QT in your shiny suit totally bamboozalling (?) them all with percentages. You’d be a celebrity overnight
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:54 pm I think I go back to us v Leicester. 100% right from both manager & players. If you watched that you know Farke can do the business so saying (not you) he can’t affect the team is simply not true. Can he do it consistently is the question.
However Sunderland were spot on including the managers decision (as highlighted on Sky) to play Bellingham more centrally and he pops up and scores albeit from some crap defending.
Farke has done well to be fair, especially after the mayhem in the summer & the mess we found ourselves in!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:51 pm You've asked me this before I'm not repeating myself :lol:

The vast majority of football fans have had no involvement whatsoever with professional football incidentally.
And i don't remember you answering.

But the above statement does.

You're just an observer, an observer with Google to hand.

To me, you're a child that's been thru college trying to 'learn' stuff, it's well known in this game, there's stuff you just cannot teach.

Stick to your stats, you'll be a millionaire in no time with em if you bet :tup:

And they happen to be right that is. :roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:39 pm Literally only reason he got the job was his Championship promotion thing.
And what is wrong with that reasoning, employing someone who has a track record.

Surely that is more sensible than employing a manager who makes the team take a cold dip in a icey Italian river.

Horses for courses
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm You do some serious study Cjay. I’m surprised there’s enough hours in the day or do you use an algorithm or maybe just make it up like politicians do on Question Time.
I could see you on QT in your shiny suit totally bamboozalling (?) them all with percentages. You’d be a celebrity overnight
They're plucked out of thin air with a closed fist, or perhaps put a better way - 'fingered from the net'

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:00 pm Farke has done well to be fair, especially after the mayhem in the summer & the mess we found ourselves in!
I like him tbh. Perhaps expecting a Leicester performance every game is just a tad too much.
Funnily enough was really impressed by Ipswich in the flesh v us but on the tv the other night (when they lost) they were crap. We probably all expect too much in reality.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:08 pm I like him tbh. Perhaps expecting a Leicester performance every game is just a tad too much.
Funnily enough was really impressed by Ipswich in the flesh v us but on the tv the other night (when they lost) they were crap. We probably all expect too much in reality.
I'm sure we do, Jay.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:05 pm They're plucked out of thin air with a closed fist, or perhaps put a better way - 'fingered from the net'
I’m impressed with his effort tbh although it has to be said that the past doesn’t always predict the future. Thankfully.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

What were Ten Bobs stats like at Ajax ? What are his stats like at Scum ? Why are his stathead stats not performing the same at Scum ?
Why is the stathead stat champion of the world not statting his way to scouping all the trophies available, why have BHA lost their key players and their stats have fallen off a cliff, if a stat wasn't a stat what would it be ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I do like these stats though, add to that the stat of £500m spent :

Manchester United have now lost 12 of their 24 games in all competitions this season (W11 D1).

That's as many defeats as they suffered in the entirety of their 2022-23 campaign (P62,W41, D9, L12).

And for just the second time in the club's history, United finished bottom of their Champions League group.

So, what next for Erik ten Hag and Manchester United?

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:02 pm And i don't remember you answering.

But the above statement does.

You're just an observer, an observer with Google to hand.

To me, you're a child that's been thru college trying to 'learn' stuff, it's well known in this game, there's stuff you just cannot teach.

Stick to your stats, you'll be a millionaire in no time with em if you bet :tup:

And they happen to be right that is. :roll:
You are entitled to that as usual condescending view Kenneth.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sean_Nile wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:04 pm And what is wrong with that reasoning, employing someone who has a track record.

Surely that is more sensible than employing a manager who makes the team take a cold dip in a icey Italian river.

Horses for courses
He's got got worse Championship record than Scott Parker who nobody wanted.

Worse Premier League one as well.

To me he was the easy appointment of an inexperienced board rightly or wrongly.

But he is here for one reason, promotion.

And atm he isn't on target for that even in a normal season
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:54 am Go back to August, and remember the thoughts every single one of us had about this coming season because of the absolute s**t show with all these release clauses in the plsyers contracts.

EVERY single one of us would have taken 41 points from 21 games,

because in any other season that would have you very comfortably in the automatic promotion spots,

But because it doesn’t this year, as two teams have started this season better than anyone else in the history of the championship people are losing their minds,

Just think about where we were just 5 months ago,

Criticising an owner who didn’t have enough money to spend, we practically forced him to sell,

We had new owners come in,

We had 11 or 12 first team players walk away on contracts not worth wiping your arse with,

Players telling us they’re staying, then leaving within 24hrs,

players threatening legal action in the last days of the window to force moves,

we had a new manager come in on the very first day of pre season ffs,

he’s had to build a team so fast his head was spinning,

yes there are positions that still need addressing, but that simply can’t happen overnight,

We then had players refusing to play once the season had actually started, then again a player threatening legal action to force a move,

The club was in complete turmoil from top to bottom,

41 points is an absolute fantastic achievement by Farke so far,

Yes we’ve dropped points, but we won’t win every game, it’s simply not realistic to think any team will.

If Leicester & Ipswich continue on their run, so be it, absolutely nothing we can do about that.

I personally am very happy with how the season has gone so far, in fact it’s been better than I ever thought it was going to be back in August, knowing how relentless this league is 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure there’s events I’ve missed off from this narrative, but please just be truthful with yourself, deep down you’ve got to be happy where we are now, compared to August.

NOBOBY saw what Leicester are doing coming, let alone Ipswich.

We all know, it’s not how you start, but how you finish in this league.
Spot on, Leon :clap:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm You do some serious study Cjay. I’m surprised there’s enough hours in the day or do you use an algorithm or maybe just make it up like politicians do on Question Time.
Tbf that check took about 1 minute Jay that was easy to look up :lol:

I make nothing up I assure you.

I also put a lot of thought into all my posts :)

Contrary to what dear Kenneth thinks.

Pleased to see that it isnt just me though

https://www.youtube.com/live/BFXJWpOeGd ... fnT-fe_q1M
Signed

King Cjay