Preston North End v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Preston North End v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Carrick Dave »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:10 pm He hasn't been getting a lot of minutes. But I thought he was decent today. The issue is that James is more effective when he's allowed big spaces to run into. Gnonto is better than James is tight congested areas. He's got more of an x-factor about him. When we have 3 in 6 days, I'd definitely like to see Gnonto get a start, especially against a packed defence.
I respect your opinion AJS but the Gnonto X-factor you refer to hasn't been obvious to me this season, he's repeatedly failed to influence outcomes, albeit with limited minutes.

James has had the shirt and delivered for us recently - while with less opportunity, granted, Willy has not.

He has talent undoubtedly, but the excitement he generated when he initially arrived has waned, and he has not offered us much since his ill-advised summer shenanigans - injury-affected ok, but does he have a mental issue with being at Leeds & playing Championship football? Do you feel yourself that he's 100% committed to the Leeds cause?

I have my reservations, and like Leon I think he's not overly interested in busting a gut on the defensive side.

If he gets a start, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong on all counts.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Conor not a happy bunny!

One hell of a rant.

Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:46 am Conor not a happy bunny!

One hell of a rant.

Id like yo know what car he drives, lhd ?
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

You have to agree with all of that 👍
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyzy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:22 am You have to agree with all of that 👍
I don't generally listen to Conor as he does talk some claptrap, but I have to agree with him this time.

If our fans are not disappointed/angry with that performance, they can't be very passionate about LUFC.

Thing is, this is not first, second, third or fourth dreadful display we've witnessed from Leeds on the road this season, it's certainly not the form of a team challenging for automatic promotion.

Wembley here we come :-D
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:46 am Conor not a happy bunny!

One hell of a rant.

I watched this earlier, and like you agreed with it - I don't think Conor will be calling for Gnonto to start on Friday either. :lol:
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:35 am I don't generally listen to Conor as he does talk some claptrap, but I have to agree with him this time.

If our fans are not disappointed/angry with that performance, they can't be very passionate about LUFC.

Thing is, this is not first, second, third or fourth dreadful display we've witnessed from Leeds on the road this season, it's certainly not the form of a team challenging for automatic promotion.

Wembley here we come :-D
At least we will be guaranteed a ticket 😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Excellent from Conor and as we've said before, why is it that we can all see what needs to be done, e.g. Spence on the right, but , for some reason the manager can't see it.

I think this game is a turning point. Farke needs to start being more proactive to turn things around , or we may find ourselves slipping out of the play-off spots.

It remains to be seen how many, and what quality ,of players will be brought in, but Farke needs to produce more consistency.

I am starting to believe Cjay was right all along with his analysis of Farke and, although we like him as a man manager, and the way he dealt with our early personnel problems, there is that big question mark against his ability to grab victory from the jaws of defeat.

The next few games will reveal our probable fate for the season.

Do we beieve that DF may be gone if he is unable to steady the ship. It's a distinct possibility. But then, who else (Apart from Big Sam :lol: ) could set us on the right course?
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Tyzy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:05 am Id like yo know what car he drives, lhd ?
And the logo of his shirt is wrong way round. It’s almost like the image is reversed …
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:46 am At least we will be guaranteed a ticket 😁
Yes, that's a plus Kev :-D long day for me if it all goes wrong again.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:07 pm Everyone is aware of where the problems are. It is not the criticism of Farke that bothers me. He was never my choice and I never gushed over him and placed an “In Farke we trust” statement at the bottom of every post.
But I think he has done OK all things considered. Better than I thought he would if I am been entirely honest.
The team he has created lacks consistency he needs to find the answer.
The problems I perceive with the set up are not solvable with what he currently has at his disposal unless he changes formation. At just under two PPG and at this stage of the season it would take a very brave decision to do so.
Nice collateral dig, DDB. Just trying to be supportive of the new regime and manager, but displace your frustration all you need :)
In Farke we trust...
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:19 pm Excellent from Conor and as we've said before, why is it that we can all see what needs to be done, e.g. Spence on the right, but , for some reason the manager can't see it.

I think this game is a turning point. Farke needs to start being more proactive to turn things around , or we may find ourselves slipping out of the play-off spots.

It remains to be seen how many, and what quality ,of players will be brought in, but Farke needs to produce more consistency.

I am starting to believe Cjay was right all along with his analysis of Farke and, although we like him as a man manager, and the way he dealt with our early personnel problems, there is that big question mark against his ability to grab victory from the jaws of defeat.

The next few games will reveal our probable fate for the season.

Do we beieve that DF may be gone if he is unable to steady the ship. It's a distinct possibility. But then, who else (Apart from Big Sam :lol: ) could set us on the right course?
They'd have to be looking at Cooper. (shudders)