Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:47 pm He stuck by his players to try and correct things that weren't going drastically wrong, has anybody at all hammered us (bar Soton 45mins) ?
He is quite loyal to his players whilst also trying to work with them, and he has told us about working hard on the training ground.
I should imagine PB will now hold his spot, and he has found another string to his bow, he can also rotate against some teams resorting back to 4-2-4 if and when.
Agreed Kenny, I’ve been desperate for a bit more proactiveness regarding squad rotation with Farke (as well as substitutions, which I think goes hand in hand). Really hoping he’s gained some confidence in his players in different roles following this result and a page is turned. Mentioned earlier that I think Farke might’ve gotten cold feet from the Stoke result which caused him to overreact in distrusting some of his squad/depth players. It’s a long season and we’re going to need to vary it up every now and then to grind out results in our favor.
Last edited by JoeDenver on Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:51 pm I've never called for Gnonto to be first choice over James. But I always said we need to do a better job of squad rotation. Hand pick the games where Gnonto can start. It's a long season. We need to find the right games to rest players and allow others to get a run out.
This has been my position re: Willy. Been wondering if he’d not be an adequate no 10, as well to rotate in at times.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Funniest song in a long time

He's taking the piss
He's taking the piss
JUNIOR FIRPO Is taking the piss.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

NOGGIN + BONCE = NONCE
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

It is interesting to read that there are many on here suggesting that Junior Firpo has somehow been reborn and is back as a quality LB and can fill that hitherto problem position, if nothing else, for the rest of the season. All this on the basis of a part game against a completely impotent Birmingham City side.

I don't think so, not for me. No thank you - not even in the Championship. He was hardly tested against 1Birmingham and in the couple of instances that he was, he came up well short - giving away a free kick on the edge of the box as he does not know how to tackle and leaving their winger completely free in the left back position as he had wandered off to the half way line. Against a decent team he'd have cost us goals on both occasions. That 3 nil score line might not have looked so handsome.

If there is any ambition at the club it is necessary to get better quality of players than Firpo. There has been more than sufficient time to decide on what works and what does not. If there is no ambition then it's fine to mend and make do and take the consequences.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:28 am This has been my position re: Willy. Been wondering if he’d not be an adequate no 10, as well to rotate in at times.
Too many double entendres
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:39 am Funniest song in a long time

He's taking the piss
He's taking the piss
JUNIOR FIRPO Is taking the piss.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't get it ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:37 am I don't get it ...
It's not difficult.

Firpo was having a decent game & our fans were implying he was making Rooney's lot, look daft.

Leeds fans got behind Firpo & Paddy yesterday, as we should at games.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:01 am It's not difficult.

Firpo was having a decent game & our fans were implying he was making Rooney's lot, look daft.

You had to be there I guess 😁
I bit of irony from the fans. I get it.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Shows how shite they were to sing that, firpo is a clown.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:05 am You had to be there I guess 😁
I bit of irony from the fans. I get it.
Our attending fans have a wonderful sense of humour!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:01 am It's not difficult.

Ahh, thanks ....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well this is fun, Birmingham shoot themselves through the head when they sacked the last manager and just to make sure they shoot themselves in the foot now ..... excellent
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:43 am Well this is fun, Birmingham shoot themselves through the head when they sacked the last manager and just to make sure they shoot themselves in the foot now ..... excellent
One of my employments was 10 years for an American multi-national, so I am especially immune to corporate speak.
Glad to hear more of it from Birmingham rather than the ( silent) 49ers.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Silent Niners ..... band name
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:07 pm I applauded Dan, when he chased back 40 yards to hold up a Birmingham winger, as did the rest of the kop. It's not only his goals & assist to admire, it's his phenomenal work rate, too!
yes I noticed that it was quite a feat of athleticism gaining on his man with every step he took, it was a delay to watch.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:13 pm If he does the job that he's handsomely paid to do then I'll be happy.

Last two seasons he's done zero.

One goal is a start, but he has a lot to prove and needs to justify the long contract and big wages we're paying him.
Just Joe giving a lesson on how to be happy about Bamford scoring
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:25 pm yes I noticed that it was quite a feat of athleticism gaining on his man with every step he took, it was a delay to watch.
One thing we have in the Leeds now is pace, with the likes of Summerville, James & Rodon, an attribute we've rarely had over the last three decades.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:10 pm One thing we have in the Leeds now is pace, with the likes of Summerville, James & Rodon, an attribute we've rarely had over the last three decades.
I don't think you'll be able to do this for me Sid, but have you watched it back yet the whole game ?

Can you find where Firpo is caught running back when a ball is played to their man on the right, and loose cannon of ours didn't get a spurt on ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)