Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mentalcase

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

I don't think bamford was ever ganna take the penalty, he knew he was simply taking the heat off Piroe, nothing to do with a message from Farke, he was actually taking the piss out of the gobby keeper, not even a selfless act, Piroe was always going to take it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:13 pm It is a tactic mate - McAtee did exactly the same thing for the blunts against Spam then handed it to McBurnie , it has been going on since the last WC.
Definitely. That Dai Cornell bloke was giving Bamford some grief and then he just handed it to Piroe who scored.
Sounds like a haulage company. Dai Cornell. We move things.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:11 pm What's wrong with Piroe, he didn't do a Paneka, he didn't do those tiny fairy steps, he didn't do that stop start stutter. He just did a straightforward run up and blasted it down the middle, what a let down, where was the excitement in that, he should be relieved of penalty duties, and they should be given to Bamford, at least that would bring back some tension into penalty kicks🤪🤭🤔
There was too much tension in the match as it was. People’s pacemakers might’ve blown! But I’m tracking your sarcasm :roflmao:
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

JoeDenver wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:17 pm
Has there been any indication of Paddy’s offense? I saw someone hit the ground during the scuffle, but I swore that was one of our players that hit the deck. Strange. I’ll have to check the replay.
I’m pretty sure he got the card for his hair colour.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:24 pm I’m pretty sure he got the card for his hair colour.
The Ricarlson bleach-look has faded since last week. You’re probably right :lol: :roflmao: :lol:
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Just watched the match again on LUTV and we played better than I thought during the live match.
The windy conditions didn’t help but Preston’s spoiling tactics were also a big factor in our continuity or lack of it.
There were so many ‘nearly’ moments which didn’t quite come off that did in previous home games and lastly, there’s no tension watching back the recorded game 😉
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:11 pm If only DF could use his bench so effectively 🤔😂
Have we got much on our bench :duno:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:37 pm Just watched the match again on LUTV and we played better than I thought during the live match.
The windy conditions didn’t help but Preston’s spoiling tactics were also a big factor in our continuity or lack of it.
There were so many ‘nearly’ moments which didn’t quite come off that did in previous home games and lastly, there’s no tension watching back the recorded game 😉
I felt the same Finn, I was bored in the first-half & yes it's much more comfortably watching a replay of the game. :-D
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:51 pm Have we got much on our bench :duno:
It was an ironic sarcasm aimed at those who constantly bleat on about Farke not using the bench properly. In contrast to Lowe who uses his bench to mainly avoid red cards.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:24 pm It's absolutely feckin astounding innit Sid what their eyes actually see, i'm just convinced they shouldn't even be talkin about footy, talk about exaggeration.

Firpo's run to get to the shite ball from Jimmy was excellent, to put that cross in like he did for James was top drawer, he pulled it from nowhere and it was a great ball in.

The rest of his game was ok and should be the least to expect of any full back worth his salt, with some defensive lapses that he got away with.

The conditions made it tough going all round, but we were again by far the better team, that found a way to win on a difficult day against cunting opponents, yet again we could and should have had more goals, and yet again i can hardly remember them testing our keeper bar the fluky shite opener.
I was very surprised PNE didn't switch Miller to Firpo's side for a bit to see if Miller could get joy against him.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:19 pm I don't think bamford was ever ganna take the penalty, he knew he was simply taking the heat off Piroe, nothing to do with a message from Farke, he was actually taking the piss out of the gobby keeper, not even a selfless act, Piroe was always going to take it.
That was my read. There was some discussion with Farke passing a message through Rodon. But I think the discussion was Piroe or Summerville.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:59 pm I was looking straight on from the South Stand, the James foul was just like the body slams that you’d see on the wrestling in the 70’s 😁
An apt comparison, Finn, although I would have gone with the 80's :chair:
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:13 pm I was very surprised PNE didn't switch Miller to Firpo's side for a bit to see if Miller could get joy against him.
There doesn't seem to be any talent in this league to exploit his weakness's bar a couple like Soton and A.N.Other, so i'm interested what DF's got him doing to make the most of Firpos best attributes, he's definitely worked with him about what he wants him to do, it's basically like throw caution to the wind and gamble the risk will get the reward like todays cross for DJ.
He'll still get ripped a new arsehole by a better Prem team and a good winger, but for now, why not.

DF's also got players like Kamara and Ampadu ready to fill in and cover as best they can when he gallops forward. It's good enough for now, and a fck up is definitely on it's way, the cost of that fck up will depend on the closeness of the game.
Byram will probably go straight back in when DF sees we're up against some decent side say Soton. For the time being i'm actually enjoying seeing him play, and it will be interesting to see how fast DF reacts when he's getting turned inside out or we're under the cosh.

I think it's good for players and team moral when they get a chance like Firpo has grasped and DF sticks by the same team.

He also has the added luxury now of being able to kid Firpo that he's being 'rested' when we come up against a good opponent and stick Byram in, although Byram could now give Archie a breather at RB on Wednesday.

Btw, PNE were a lot better than i thought they'd be and didn't really park the bus, the weather must've been hardwork today.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:37 pm An apt comparison, Finn, although I would have gone with the 80's :chair:
😁

I’d stopped watching wrestling by the late 70’s Ash, so couldn’t comment on the 80’s but I’ll take your word for it.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:17 am Lions have an explosive offense and great OC in Ben Johnson, who is hopefully gonna be announced as Washington HC sometime soon.

I actually fancy Detroit to win the Superbowl, but they have some tough opponents to come in the 49ers, and probably the Ravens in the Superbowl.

Bills should have enough to beat KC at home, but Mahomes and Kelsey usually rise to the occasion, so that will be a tough and close contest.

But KC aren't quite what they were without Tyreek Hill, so probably go with the Bills, who mashed Miami last week.
Wow i stuck £19 on Detroit -7.5...Got £43 now and not sure who to put it on
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:19 pm I was there for a Leeds game, Weasel.

We did find a wonderful Italian restaurant on the way home in the middle of nowhere.
Was that la locanda in gisburn by any chance?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:34 pm Wow i stuck £19 on Detroit -7.5...Got £43 now and not sure who to put it on
I'm a Bills fan but wouldn't put money on them. They're better than KC right now. But they have a lot of injuries. So I'm not confident today. Bet Chiefs if they're the underdog with the bookies.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Backed Buffalo

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:40 pm I'm a Bills fan but wouldn't put money on them. They're better than KC right now. But they have a lot of injuries. So I'm not confident today. Bet Chiefs if they're the underdog with the bookies.
It's very tight, i got evens -2.5

;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:42 pm Backed Buffalo
Well I hope you win