Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

24th January 8:45pm | Elland Road

Leeds could move within two points of second placed Ipswich Town, but only if they can overcome a revitalised Norwich City side, when the two sides meet tonight at Elland Road.

Just like Leeds, the Canaries are unbeaten in 2024. They held Southampton to a 1-1 draw on New Years Day, won at Hull, and even more impressively, beat West Brom 2-0 last weekend. Thirteen points may separate the two sides, but both have aspirations of promotion, albeit via different routes.

Norwich will be looking to take revenge on Leeds after losing a five goal thriller, after been two-up, back in October! It was a bitter pill for the Canaries to swallow; not only had Leeds come back from a two-nil deficit to win, but Leeds did it at Carrow Road, and with Daniel Farke in their corner.

Leeds will be without the services of Wilfred Gnonto (hip), Pascal Struijk (groin), Karl Darlow (thumb) and Start Dallas (leg). Daniel Farke must decide whether to keep the same side that beat Preston last weekend or recall fit again Liam Cooper.

Ethan Ampadu has looked impressive, playing alongside fellow compatriot Joe Rodon in central defence - they have only conceded once in the last three games together. Should Ampadu get the nod, it would allow Gruev more game time in midfield!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

They have had a bit of a resurgence yes, what's been the catalyst to it i haven't been following them, new manager ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

I've obviously missed something , but why is this the only championship fixture this week?
When has it been brought forward from?
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Jimstorrie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:23 am I've obviously missed something , but why is this the only championship fixture this week?
When has it been brought forward from?
I think rearranged due to FA cup weekend, not sure why to this week though.
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Clitheroe White wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:26 am I think rearranged due to FA cup weekend, not sure why to this week though.
Ah!
Others have delayed then rather than 3 home games in a week.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I think DF mentioned something about getting it played now rather than later, i agree myself, we've been quite fortunate with the gaps between games and our run of home ones.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Perhaps DF thinks we are going on a long Cup run and doesn’t want a congested end of season run in?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve just had a look at the club website review of the game tonight. It says there are still tickets available. I clicked on the website link which (eventually) took me to a page for Swansea away. No mention of Norwich.

I say eventually because I had to prove I wasn’t a robot. This exercise all but needed me to provide an intestinal x-ray for proof.

Why is supporting Leeds so difficult?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:59 pm I’ve just had a look at the club website review of the game tonight. It says there are still tickets available. I clicked on the website link which (eventually) took me to a page for Swansea away. No mention of Norwich.

I say eventually because I had to prove I wasn’t a robot. This exercise all but needed me to provide an intestinal x-ray for proof.

Why is supporting Leeds so difficult?
Classic :lol:

And that's before the footy starts OB :)

It's all part of the holistic, masochistic experience that we signed up for a long time ago :)

I used to pay for LUTV every match day and was typically watching either a blue, or yellow, circle of death, which was occasionally interrupted by what seemed to be some fuzzy, out of focus, live feed transmitted by a bloke tied to a bungee rope on his JVC camcorder :?

Well worth 5 squid for "The Match Experience" 8-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:57 am Perhaps DF thinks we are going on a long Cup run and doesn’t want a congested end of season run in?
Wemberley! Wemberley! We're the famous Leeds United and we're goin to Wemberley!

Might be doing two visits to Wemberley :duno:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:08 pm Classic :lol:

It's all part of the holistic, masochistic experience that we signed up for a long time ago :)

I used to pay for LUTV every match day and was typically watching either a blue, or yellow, circle of death, which was occasionally interrupted by what seemed to be some fuzzy, out of focus, live feed transmitted by a bloke tied to a bungee rope on his JVC camcorder :?

Takes me back to the Armley gyratory on a Monday morning.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:12 pm Wemberley! Wemberley! We're the famous Leeds United and we're goin to Wemberley!

Might be doing two visits to Wemberley :duno:
I could like Wemberley if it wasn’t so bloody red. :evil:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:14 pm Takes me back to the Armley gyratory on a Monday morning.
:)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:15 pm I could like Wemberley if it wasn’t so bloody red. :evil:
Red is only a good colour when my beloved England are playing in it ;-) 8-)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:18 pm Red is only a good colour when my beloved England are playing in it ;-) 8-)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:23 pm 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
That's what I like OB :tup:

A fella with a good sense of humour 8-)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

White Riot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:08 pm Classic :lol:

£10 for the privilege now, been pretty reliable for me this season til it decided not to process my payment last week. One of the streams posted on here did a great job though.
Keeping The Faith
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:07 pm £10 for the privilege now, been pretty reliable for me this season til it decided not to process my payment last week. One of the streams posted on here did a great job though.
Yeah, I stick with the streams these days Cussie, as there are lots of them and they are pretty reliable.

It's going back quite a few years when I was watching LUTV :)

And there was no Emma in those days :love:

But I guess you're too busy focusing on the footy to notice Emma ;-) :P
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-C-WQ4xlc

Kagey on Norwich, Gnonto, Gruev and transfers, etc :tup:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Jimstorrie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:29 am Ah!
Others have delayed then rather than 3 home games in a week.
It's great timing really. 3 home games in a week. Plus we only have eyes on today's game and not the pressure to worry about what we do on Saturday.