Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

We don't know whether Piroe can do Paddy's job as he hasn't played where Paddy has this season, we can probably say, atm, Rutter is a better 10 than Piroe. I think we win that with either Piroe or Paddy as the 9...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:07 am So the likes of Piroe, Anthony, Gnonto, Byram, Cresswell and Shacks are no longer good enough for the Championship now? Lol.

Midfield is looking shot. Ampadu, Kamara and Rodon all need a rest at some point, as they play every international game too. Lack of rotation cost us 6 points over Christmas.
You obviously didn't read my post thoroughly, as I was full of praise for Byram, he has nothing to prove, Sam has been great this season.

Take Rodon & Ampadu out of our first XI & we wouldn't have accumulated six points against Preston & Norwich or gone on a five game winning run, both are like rocks at the back.

Time to rest them vs Plymouth this Saturday.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:25 am You obviously didn't watch the same game as me, Anthony was on the pitch for 45 minutes, not a 10 minute cameo.

His dilly-dallying nearly cost us the game.

If the bench is that good, why did Farke only use one enforced substitution up to the 94th minute, DF knows the score, as he mentioned in his post press conference "our squad is small"

Any injuries to key players such as Rodon, Ampadu, James, Summerville, Rutter & Bamford & we'll struggle to win matches, as there isn't one bench player who comes close to their level. Piroe is decent, but he can't do the job Paddy provides our team.

We need to sign that Godfrey fella who would walk straight into our first XI as he can play CB & LB, every time Rodon goes down I shake with fear. Pascal is injured, Farke doesn't fancy Cresswell & knows the limitations of Cooper, who is coming to the end of his Leeds career.
Never run before you can walk Sid :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:59 am Gnonto in dressing room after Norwich game. Read into it what you willIMG_20240125_115650.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Looks to me like he’s supplementing his meagre wage by doing some off-the-books painting and decorating.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:59 am Gnonto in dressing room after Norwich game. Read into it what you willIMG_20240125_115650.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
He's got a feckin big head on a little body.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:11 am We don't know whether Piroe can do Paddy's job as he hasn't played where Paddy has this season, we can probably say, atm, Rutter is a better 10 than Piroe. I think we win that with either Piroe or Paddy as the 9...
Farke knows though.

Bamford has scored three sublime goals, four in five games. Would Piroe even been in the right position to score goals of such quality.

It's not only his goals, his movement & running off the ball, plus his hold-up & closing down play is excellent, he's a proper nuisance No.9 for defenders to contend with. I'm praying Paddy stays fit, because he is the man we have been missing to lead the line.
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

bloody hell stop it with the paddy praise i have a long memory .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:00 am For whatever reason, our substitutions are ineffective, and that's a combination of Farke not making them at all, not making them at the right time, not changing tactics and either not having any game changers on the bench, or not using players like Piroe in an effective way.

Norwich were pretty good, but I still felt like we should have ran out comfortable winners, but we didn't it.
Difficult to break-up your best XI when Farke knows the replacements can be detrimental to gaining victories, I think DF has feared to change things after what happened at Stoke.

Norwich are a good side, one of the best I've seen at ER this season, they lacked punch up front, though.

Kenny McClean was their best player imo!

Good to see Firpo shut down & contain the influential Jonny Rowe (13 goals this season), thought Junior was great offensively & defensively, last night.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

airedale wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:20 pm bloody hell stop it with the paddy praise i have a long memory .
Five game winning run.

Four goals in those five games.

You couldn't ask for any more, Airedale.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Replacement this season that have worked

Gray
Klaesson
Ampadu at CB
Firpo
Bamford
Cooper
Shackleton
Gruev
Struijk

No reason to suppose other replacements wouldn’t work
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:28 pm Five game winning run.

Four goals in those five games.

You couldn't ask for any more, Airedale.
How many has he missed?
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

airedale wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:30 pm How many has he missed?
Pfft
Who cares when he scores the winning goal?

Concentrate of the big picture not the minutiae.
Last edited by Sean_Nile on Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:28 pm Replacement this season that have worked

Gray
Klaesson
Ampadu at CB
Firpo
Bamford
Cooper
Shackleton
Gruev
Struijk

No reason to suppose other replacements wouldn’t work
Agree with those, although Coops would be a short-term replacement for the rest of the season, any more than a couple of matches & I would be concerned!

We need to put all our energy into signing Ben Godfrey, signing him would ease any future injury concerns we are likely to endure for me.
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:37 pm Pfft
Who cares when he scores the winning goal?
Me ,no other recent player has frustrated me more ,Piroe by far the better player ,but we all have our opinions.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:30 am Strange how Ipswich & Southampton substitutes effect games & don't have the same limitations as our lot.
Careful Leon, you’re going to start being vilified as anti-Farke/wants him out (as well as unknowledgeable) for speaking such heresy.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

airedale wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:41 pm Me ,no other recent player has frustrated me more ,Piroe by far the better player ,but we all have our opinions.
It’s Paddy’s to lose now, but Piroe could be even better and I’d expect it. I would think Piroe and Gnonto are the best bench players in the division right now
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

JoeDenver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:22 pm Careful Leon, you’re going to start being vilified as anti-Farke/wants him out (as well as unknowledgeable) for speaking such heresy.
It’s a tenuous statement though and unprovable, but it does seem very pro Farke to me
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

airedale wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:20 pm bloody hell stop it with the paddy praise i have a long memory .
As do I.

Paddy's been infuriating at times with his finishing (or lack thereof), but he's always been one of the hardest workers on the team and does all the things many players we might call better strikers don't do. His holdup play, his defending of corners, and his off-the-ball movement are all outstanding. he may not be the fastest player on the pitch, but he's running as fast and as hard at 90 minutes as he is at 19.

He's an extremely valuable player to our side when healthy, and these last few weeks have seen him truly healthy for the first time in a very long time.

The haircut and color, however, are atrocious.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:31 pm It’s a tenuous statement though and unprovable, but it does seem very pro Farke to me
Well, desiring lineup/tactical changes, squad rotation to maintain freshness/prevent injury, as well as commenting on the lack/lateness/ineffectiveness of our substitutions appears to be the holy trinity of anti-Farke heresy for some. Leon’s subsequent mentioning of squad rotation appears to be another box checked. As I’m not a member of the Thought Police that determines this, I was just giving Leon a fair warning, despite my sharing identical views as his.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:36 pm As do I.

Paddy's been infuriating at times with his finishing (or lack thereof), but he's always been one of the hardest workers on the team and does all the things many players we might call better strikers don't do. His holdup play, his defending of corners, and his off-the-ball movement are all outstanding. he may not be the fastest player on the pitch, but he's running as fast and as hard at 90 minutes as he is at 19.

He's an extremely valuable player to our side when healthy, and these last few weeks have seen him truly healthy for the first time in a very long time.

The haircut and color, however, are atrocious.
I agree with his pressing and work rate being top notch but the misses are mounting up , sometimes i think he's looking around for what's going to clatter him rather than keeping his eye on the ball . If he had a nose like lee chapman and a few teeth missing i would have more respect.
:)