Leeds Utd v Rotherham Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Rotherham Utd Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:13 pm Tony Dorigo made the point about both on commentary. About the inexperience and naivety. Also suggesting that if Cresswell wnats to be first back up, he needs to avoid doing that.

Farke was talking to both after the whistle. And that was probably the subject.
Noticed this too, Andrew. Honestly, I can't remember a match where he isn't coaching someone as soon as the final whistle blows--great work ethic that DF :)
In Farke we trust...
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:43 pm Noticed this too, Andrew. Honestly, I can't remember a match where he isn't coaching someone as soon as the final whistle blows--great work ethic that DF :)
I read an article recently where Pep, Klopp and a few other top coaches were saying the optimum time for the brain to retain information was when the stimulation levels were at their highest, hence why all the top level coaches do that.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:49 pm I read an article recently where Pep, Klopp and a few other top coaches were saying the optimum time for the brain to retain information was when the stimulation levels were at their highest, hence why all the top level coaches do that.
Tread very lightly, BB, not everyone is fully on board yet :lol:
In Farke we trust...
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:57 pm Tread very lightly, BB, not everyone is fully on board yet :lol:
I was on board from day 1 mate, one or two are starting to turn now :)
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:13 am I was on board from day 1 mate, one or two are starting to turn now :)
If only there was an artsy avatar I could use to proclaim my support :duno: Oh, wait :)

We'll get the rest of them there eventually :shhh:
In Farke we trust...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:19 am If only there was an artsy avatar I could use to proclaim my support :duno: Oh, wait :)

We'll get the rest of them there eventually :shhh:
Can't wait to see you change your avatar to one of Farke instead of the Cjay photo you are currently using.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:34 am Can't wait to see you change your avatar to one of Farke instead of the Cjay photo you are currently using.
It's a bit on the nose for my taste, but as a paid consultant it's all part of his positivity campaign: ""Cjay's Positivity Punch: Knocking Out Negativity with a Stats-Tacular Smile!"
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

In Farke we trust...
ddapp
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ddapp »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:57 pm Alabama huh, welcome.

I hope you're black, or at the very least, young and non racist, although old and non racist is even better.

What brings you to follow LUFC Dappy, btw are you ex pat or native Indian ?
I’m 55 and not originally from Alabama. Definitely not racist, born and raised in Pittsburgh.

Been hooked ever since the 19-20 season and fell in love with the club following along that season and after watching the documentary Take Us Home. I’m Italian BTW and a ton of people from my current state are not racist. Tired ass stereotype.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

ddapp wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:46 pm I’m 55 and not originally from Alabama. Definitely not racist, born and raised in Pittsburgh.

Been hooked ever since the 19-20 season and fell in love with the club following along that season and after watching the documentary Take Us Home. I’m Italian BTW and a ton of people from my current state are not racist. Tired ass stereotype.
:tup: A worthwhile waiting for response.

Good to see you here.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:35 pm :tup: A worthwhile waiting for response.

Good to see you here.
You have lightened up Kenny - what happened to the usual introductory question ?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:40 am You have lightened up Kenny - what happened to the usual introductory question ?
Bloody hell, i have haven't i, i'll go ask now.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

ddapp wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:46 pm I’m 55 and not originally from Alabama. Definitely not racist, born and raised in Pittsburgh.

Btw, did you want Bert sacked ?

I ask this in the full knowledge you're Italian as stated, what a great time to find LUFC huh, 19-20, hint hint.

I eagerly await your response.

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:12 am Btw, did you want Bert sacked ?

I ask this in the full knowledge you're Italian as stated, what a great time to find LUFC huh, 19-20, hint hint.

I eagerly await your response.
It might be worth explaining the Bert reference. He could be scratching his head on that one.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:01 pm It might be worth explaining the Bert reference. He could be scratching his head on that one.
I'm sure he'll get there.

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Sounds like we have roughly the same origin story, ddapp, at least as it relates to Leeds United. My wife and I watched Take Us Home and fell in love with the team's history and culture and the rest, as they is history. We're both southerners--she's from NC and I'm originally from KY but now call the Appalachian mountains of NC home.
In Farke we trust...
ddapp
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ddapp »

That is awesome