Live at Abbey Road - Music Show 2006

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Live at Abbey Road - Music Show 2006

Post by Sara »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:50 pm I think that too. I was introducing my friend to some songs the other day and he said "there's just so many bands now,"

What streaming has done is make obscure bands more accessible. Before you had to cut a record, expensive, and hope a radio station would play it. Nowadays anyone can publish music and anyone can hear it.

I found it difficult with streaming at first. But Spotify has so many stations that will introduce you to new bands.
I only got Apple Music a couple of years ago, but it has enabled me to listen to a lot more new things, and to discover bands which produce their own music. I've heard a lot of great things which I wouldn't have discovered otherwise.

It does seem to be a very creative time atm, and removing the stranglehold of the 'industry' to some extent has helped with that. In the 60s and 70s it was investment which enabled a lot of experimentation, whereas now the ability to record, produce and share your own music is doing the same.