Cat in a tree--RESCUED.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Cat in a tree--RESCUED.

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 pm Probably get the little puss down with music.
To get him or her down play anything by Dido or Bob Dylan's latest stuff
To depress it, just get something by the overrated Doors.
Leonard Cohen or Scott Walker will see the little fury mog fling itself into the abyss to get away.
Problem solved.. :) :lol:
Or, for this side of the pond, perhaps a more apt selection is Billy Ray Cyrus's classic, "Achy Breaky Heart." The mullet alone is enough to send the cat over the edge.

If you're not familiar with it, please allow me to share this fantastic bit of Americana :) You thought Marsch was bad in terms of American imports.

Also, although Billy Ray looks a bit like Weasel (a future Halloween costume perhaps Mr. W.?), I can only imagine this is what '64's hair looked like many, many, mannnnny, moons ago :twisted:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc
Last edited by AcrossThePondAsh on Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm Aw, she's a beaut, glad she's safe!
They are both quite cute and have taken very well to domestic life--other than this most recent incident. But with so many trees all around us, it's bound to happen from time to time--we've just never had one of our own go so high or get stuck.
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:25 pm Luna & Spook are beautiful, Ash.

Luna appears to be mischievous.

Spook looks a bit of a poser, saying with those big eyes "hey, look at me".
From what we know of them, I think both descriptions are right on track :) I'll be sure to pass on your compliment to their owners.
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:08 pm My aunty used to have a rug like that. Often wondered where it went. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nike use it as a design for the next England shirt.
You're welcome

New England Kit.jpg
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:30 am Or, for this side of the pond, perhaps a more apt selection is Billy Ray Cyrus's classic, "Achy Breaky Heart." The mullet alone is enough to send the cat over the edge.

If you're not familiar with it, please allow me to share this fantastic bit of Americana :) You thought Marsch was bad in terms of American imports.

Also, although Billy Ray looks a bit like Weasel (a future Halloween costume perhaps Mr. W.?), I can only imagine this is what '64's hair looked like many, many, mannnnny, moons ago :twisted:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc
Oh we're familiar with it, unfortunately.......and nothing, absolutely nothing, over rated about the Doors. Though they're no Spirit
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 am Oh we're familiar with it, unfortunately.......and nothing, absolutely nothing, over rated about the Doors. Though they're no Spirit
Damn! Hate to hear that I'm not the ambassador bringing the melodic sounds of Billy Ray's twang to the European masses for the first time. If it's any consolation at all, my poor wife has been walking around humming it since I posted it last night :)
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:54 am Damn! Hate to hear that I'm not the ambassador bringing the melodic sounds of Billy Ray's twang to the European masses for the first time. If it's any consolation at all, my poor wife has been walking around humming it since I posted it last night :)
No consolation AT ALL, my sympathies. It's up there with Jeff Beck Hi Ho Silver Lining as a "everyones drunk at a party what shall we sing song" To paraphrase the British in the war

It's over played, over sung and over here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm going to need a cleanser now so this is outstanding Americana off the new wonderful Waxahatchee album. Kate Crutchfield can do no wrong

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 am I'm going to need a cleanser now so this is outstanding Americana off the new wonderful Waxahatchee album. Kate Crutchfield can do no wrong
Going to have to cleanse myself from that by listening to Leonard Cohen now.

;-)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sara wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 am Going to have to cleanse myself from that by listening to Leonard Cohen now.

;-)

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

:)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Sara wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 am Going to have to cleanse myself from that by listening to Leonard Cohen now.

;-)
I really enjoyed that. 😮 Can someone go over to SH’s house and pick him up off the floor please.
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I get notified on a local neighbourhood thing about animals that go missing. Mainly dogs but occasionally cats. The latest one was interesting, a cat that has a habit of getting in to random vehicles if the owners back is turned. He’s ended up all over the place 😁
hector

Post by hector »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:54 am Damn! Hate to hear that I'm not the ambassador bringing the melodic sounds of Billy Ray's twang to the European masses for the first time. If it's any consolation at all, my poor wife has been walking around humming it since I posted it last night :)
you are very luck not to be banned for posting up that feckin awful aky feckin breaky feckin heart..... :x :x
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:49 am I get notified on a local neighbourhood thing about animals that go missing. Mainly dogs but occasionally cats. The latest one was interesting, a cat that has a habit of getting in to random vehicles if the owners back is turned. He’s ended up all over the place 😁
Used to know a cat like that - big ginger Tom called Milton. He'd follow me on my walks, tagging along when I went past his house, but he also liked to get into people's cars and go to work with them.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sara wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:06 am Used to know a cat like that - big ginger Tom called Milton. He'd follow me on my walks, tagging along when I went past his house, but he also liked to get into people's cars and go to work with them.
Cats are definitely adventurous. So people just allowed the cat to get in before they went to work?
I read about the dog in America who got on a bus whilst his owner was distracted. It was a bus they used to get to the dog park. He got off at the right stop and from then on used to go on his own and became a local celebrity. In Seattle I think.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:49 am I get notified on a local neighbourhood thing about animals that go missing. Mainly dogs but occasionally cats. The latest one was interesting, a cat that has a habit of getting in to random vehicles if the owners back is turned. He’s ended up all over the place 😁
There was a bloke further up our village, went out to his car, popped back in to get something leaving his door open. Off he went on his travels, to find he had transported a squirrel with him.

He had to drive back to the village to release the squirrel in the exact same spot.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:41 am There was a bloke further up our village, went out to his car, popped back in to get something leaving his door open. Off he went on his travels, to find he had transported a squirrel with him.

He had to drive back to the village to release the squirrel in the exact same spot.
He was nuts 😁
Maybe the squirrel had come with him from somewhere else and actually wanted to go back.
So the squirrel was fuming that he was now in unknown territory.
I’ll go and have a lie down I think.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:44 am He was nuts 😁
Maybe the squirrel had come with him from somewhere else and actually wanted to go back.
So the squirrel was fuming that he was now in unknown territory.
I’ll go and have a lie down I think.
Funnily enough, that’s what many in the village said, but apparently he didn’t open the door at his destination so the squirrel definitely entered the car at his house so he brought it back.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:54 am Funnily enough, that’s what many in the village said, but apparently he didn’t open the door at his destination so the squirrel definitely entered the car at his house so he brought it back.
Fair enough.
You’d want to be fairly careful handling one. My dog caught one once and it left a nice scar on his snout.