England kit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: England kit

Post by Clacton White »

Clacton White wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:20 pm Oh yes and I reckon the turds on Squareball will be all for this thing .
And yes , I was right....usual suspects ...Black white and Dirty Leeds pipe up, saying basically what is the fuss about.....all it needs now is the twat who thinks he lives in Spain, Mustafaster talking to his imagined Doctor friend Black white to join in....to them its tbe far right going mental , nothing to do with our history and tradition . Just don't call it flag of St George when it isn't.
£125 a throw though, they are having a laugh. Since when have shirts been that much, are they made out of gold 🤔
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

£125 a pop and being made in Bangkok by workers on £8.30 a day.

Some mark up there.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:25 pm communities, national pride, decency, respect and low crime rates,
When was it ever like that!

:roflmao:
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

It’s not just the England fans unhappy with their kit.
It’s not just the England fans unhappy with their kit.
Clacton White wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:16 pm Agreed , whatever they say , it not a St George cross........that is white with red.....end of . I won't buy anything Nike again , ever....go woke go broke .
Keeping The Faith
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Prisoner37 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:55 pm £125 a pop and being made in Bangkok by workers on £8.30 a day.

Some mark up there.
That’s what I thought, Alan Sugar would be proud of that one.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Scotland new Euro strip receives an enthusiastic response because it encapsulates both tradition and history.
IMG_20240322_221314.jpg
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

How can a country so deep in history and culture let any company linked with child labour change our beloved flag.
When will everyone wake up and say no to the nonsense that's taking over the UK and stand up for the principles that
once made the United Kingdom a country to look up to. Until we have people in control that protect the UK and its core values
we will have to put up with this absolute junk.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:55 am Sort of related

jacket.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:38 pm How can a country so deep in history and culture let any company linked with child labour change our beloved flag.
When will everyone wake up and say no to the nonsense that's taking over the UK and stand up for the principles that
once made the United Kingdom a country to look up to. Until we have people in control that protect the UK and its core values
we will have to put up with this absolute junk.
Def not starting a political debate but wait til Labour get into No 10.
Keeping The Faith
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

They are now saying it was a playful twist on the emblem of England. FFS

Would they like a playful twist on their brand mark?

They're going to lose a lot of cash on this balls up.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:14 pm They are now saying it was a playful twist on the emblem of England. FFS

Would they like a playful twist on their brand mark?

They're going to lose a lot of cash on this balls up.
Or a playful twist on a kick in the nuts 😁.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:07 pm When was it ever like that!

:roflmao:
I guess it's never been completely like that ........but there was a time that there were communities, people helped each other , you didn't have to lock your doors and people could just walk into your house . You may have to go back to the war ( WW2) , just after or at a push maybe into the 1960's and there was a large element of that . Generations have changed, it's become each man for themselves , dog eat dog...ok we idealist the part , like Thatchers image of Victorian Britain , quite different to the reality , but I grew up in the 60's , more so the 70's and you do notice a bloody big change , we aren't what we were .....maybe it was ' never like that ' , but it was more like that than now . Society in general has gone downhill , this woke thing just divides us more, which I think certain elements or organizations want.... but that's another thing .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Sean_Nile wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm Scotland new Euro strip receives an enthusiastic response because it encapsulates both tradition and history.

IMG_20240322_221314.jpg
I am sure you used to get the Tunnocks caramel wafer without the chocolate covering too ......they were lovely .
I liked Terry's waifa too , lovely creamy chocolate.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:29 am I am sure you used to get the Tunnocks caramel wafer without the chocolate covering too ......they were lovely .
I liked Terry's waifa too , lovely creamy chocolate.
Yes the Scots know how to produce a classic football strip that reflects their traditions and heritage, I am however a little disappointed that there is no third away strip featuring a deep fried Mars bar.

I wonder what products the English would use to create football strips that are a true reflection of their national heritage and traditions.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:40 pm Society is breaking down because global capitalism is failing. Looking back to an idealised nationalist past is not the answer either.
What you describe as Global Capitalism Sara I would argue is Global Coperateism. This is a corruption of Adam Smith's notion espoused in his Wealth of Nations.

You can of course argue that true capitalism led us to this corruption of Smith's ideal.

However the direct alternatives experimented with in Cuba, Cambodia, Venezuela, North Korea, Soviet Union and China haven't been that successful for the welfare of those populations.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:28 am I guess it's never been completely like that ........but there was a time that there were communities, people helped each other , you didn't have to lock your doors and people could just walk into your house . You may have to go back to the war ( WW2) , just after or at a push maybe into the 1960's and there was a large element of that . Generations have changed, it's become each man for themselves , dog eat dog...ok we idealist the part , like Thatchers image of Victorian Britain , quite different to the reality , but I grew up in the 60's , more so the 70's and you do notice a bloody big change , we aren't what we were .....maybe it was ' never like that ' , but it was more like that than now . Society in general has gone downhill , this woke thing just divides us more, which I think certain elements or organizations want.... but that's another thing .
If you think being 'woke', ie presumably more inclusive of diversity, is what's causing the breakdown of society, and not the corporate capture of all our institutions and the commodification of all aspects of our lives, then I can't help you. The 'culture war' bollocks is a massive distraction to keep people divided; don't fall for it. And is that the same Thatcher who said, 'there's no such thing as society'? Lol
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 am What you describe as Global Capitalism Sara I would argue is Global Coperateism. This is a corruption of Adam Smith's notion espoused in his Wealth of Nations.

You can of course argue that true capitalism led us to this corruption of Smith's ideal.

However the direct alternatives experimented with in Cuba, Cambodia, Venezuela, North Korea, Soviet Union and China haven't been that successful for the welfare of those populations.

Forty plus years of neoliberalism has led to the corporate control of the state political system, banking, the media, health, and the erosion of any remaining democratic leverage by the voting population.

With the increase in surveillance, the advances in digital tech, and conflict spreading across the globe, we're heading into disaster. But carry on arguing about the colour of a bit of fabric on a football shirt, that'll put the world to rights.

And no, communism is not the direct alternative to capitalism, it's just another form of authoritarian state control. The alternative to both is freedom from both.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

But it is a fact that governments try to change the culture by introducing legislation to change articles in their Constitution... they deem themselves woke and are aghast when the populace reject their new speech word salad.

Liberties may be chipped away by surveillance and tech spying on our online activity... we even willingly give away information about ourselves... or in the case of Kate Middleton she has to make public statement to satisfy the populace. Information she would rather keep private.

The intrusion into our lives and secret scrutiny is becoming more pervasive. Good god you could be cancelled for expressing your opinion on X or thrown out of your political party for asking the government to make an enquiry into excess deaths in the UK.

For Nike the "playful" St George's flag could be a Bud Light moment.

In Scotland this sketch would be prosecuted as hate speech... which is another law passed by government to influence the culture and dictate what is not acceptable to say.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:49 am Yes the Scots know how to produce a classic football strip that reflects their traditions and heritage, I am however a little disappointed that there is no third away strip featuring a deep fried Mars bar.

I wonder what products the English would use to create football strips that are a true reflection of their national heritage and traditions.
Good question.
The roast dinner kit featuring a meat & two veg logo.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 am But it is a fact that governments try to change the culture by introducing legislation to...
I think we have a broadly similar outlook when it comes to the nature of political power, but you're barking up the wrong tree with the culture war stuff imo. It's a deliberate distraction to keep people arguing about irrelevancies.

I honestly think the whole structure is heading into collapse by the end of the decade anyway. Let's see what our priorities are then, ay?

Hope you're well, anyway.