Recycling

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Recycling

Post by Jaydog »

One thing you couldn’t recycle here was soft plastic packaging like crisp packets etc. The local recycling centre stopped taking bags of any description. Now they all take them even the supermarkets. So what exactly is done with them? Giant fly tipping lorry’s probably 😁
Our local skip company is the best at recycling. I’ve seen the place. Literally nothing goes to landfill anymore. They have contacts all round the country for various things like the builders merchants ton bags and all sorts of other stuff. Where does it all go though. Abroad I presume.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 am look at the immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole theyve come from and expect us to clean up after them.
You're supposed to be a moderator. - try to set an example and keep the dribbling racism in check.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Sara wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:02 pm You're supposed to be a moderator. - try to set an example and keep the dribbling racism in check.
Nothing to do with racism, if the truth upsets you thats youre issue not mine.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:13 pm Nothing to do with racism, if the truth upsets you thats youre issue not mine.
You're wrong about that. Post reported anyway, hopefully admin will deal with it.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Sara wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:17 pm You're wrong about that. Post reported anyway, hopefully admin will deal with it.
It's only racist if you want it to be racist, if the truth hurts then thats for you to deal with, get over yourself, nobodys listening.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

'Our own indigenous folk' ?
Who does the our own refer too ?

From my experience the indigenous population are World Class at leaving a mess for somebody else to clean up
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:19 pm It's only racist if you want it to be racist, if the truth hurts then thats for you to deal with, get over yourself, nobodys listening.
I'm not wasting my time arguing with you. You should know better. If you don't, you shouldn't be moderating this forum.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

You don't get to dictate

tempFileForShare_20240324-124326.jpg
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:21 pm 'Our own indigenous folk' ?
Who does the our own refer too ?

From my experience the indigenous population are World Class at leaving a mess for somebody else to clean up
Saw an old codger pushing his litter down a storm drain the other day. There was a bin 10 paces away.
Probably the worst offenders round here are the school kids & the ciggy smokers who seem to consider the whole world is their personal dustbin.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 am It is a big con though Ian, we all agree we can do more, but we are only a very small island in the sea, look at spain for example, they don't give fuckero, have you seen the amount of plastic sheeting they let loose in the sand dunes when their fruit & veg covers blow over, all over the spanish islands it's a disgrace, then countries like china, india, usa etc, a complete joke.
We are pretending to be something we'll never be, a world loser more likely than a world leader, we are just punishing our own indigenous folk thats all, look at the immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole theyve come from and expect us to clean up after them.
Go green !!!! Yea, we import the peat for £££trillions a year from canada instead of using our own stuff for fueling drax power station, the diesel thing was a con, now the plug in car is the same.
Yes, it's a big con alright.
Sorry MC, but that is out of order (whether you care or not) .

Gross ethnical/ immigrant generalisations shouldn't be aired on an open forum, as they are offensive to some.
There will be indigenous people (your own ?) standing next to you at ER who are fly-tipping down country lanes to save a few bob.
There will be immigrants.(also on the terraces next to you and reading this forum) deeply offended by words like yours.

Sometimes, its best to keep ones mouth shut. .
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:02 pm Sorry MC, but that is out of order (whether you care or not) .

Gross ethnical/ immigrant generalisations shouldn't be aired on an open forum, as they are offensive to some.
There will be indigenous people (your own ?) standing next to you at ER who are fly-tipping down country lanes to save a few bob.
There will be immigrants.(also on the terraces next to you and reading this forum) deeply offended by words like yours.

Yes there are and we should deal with them, I didn't take you to be the one to take moral high ground, I didn't mean it in an offensive way, but it seems we can say what we want as long as it dosen't upset the woke brigade, I don't get all uppity about ramblings regarding freudianism . marxism or the leftie bollocks people spout.
Next you'll both be moaning about my sense of humour on the funny pics thread.
Deeply offensive ffs, give it rest :roll:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I take it my avatar is also "deeply offensive"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:02 pm Sorry MC, but that is out of order (whether you care or not) .

Yup, stereotyping immigrants as dirty and a burden on society is exactly the sort of attitude/ comment that fuels racist discrimination. Doubling down on it just makes it worse.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:13 pm Yes there are and we should deal with them, I didn't take you to be the one to take moral high ground, I didn't mean it in an offensive way, but it seems we can say what we want as long as it dosen't upset the woke brigade, I don't get all uppity about ramblings regarding freudianism . marxism or the leftie bollocks people spout.
Next you'll both be moaning about my sense of humour on the funny pics thread.
Deeply offensive ffs, give it rest :roll:
I'm a man of many hidden talents, MC.
Not sure its moral high ground though, just common consideration and decency.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

MC
You didn't answer my question.
Who is 'our own'.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Never thought recycling would lead in this direction tbh 🤔
I don’t find MCs comment particularly racist as it’s most likely just inaccurate in the sense how do we know who produces the most litter per capita.
No one knows, you can only guess from your own experience of observing it. As I’ve said it’s school kids & smokers round here as I’ve seen it so many times.
The hedge is a dustbin for them and I put it down to their ignorant parents not educating them.
But all along the coast it’s the same. People make an effort to get their food to the beach but zero effort to take the litter home.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:11 pm I don’t find MCs comment particularly racist
Stereotyping a group of people, in this case immigrants, and attributing negative characteristics or behaviour to them en masse is pretty much the definition of discrimination... whether you agree with it or not.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sara wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:33 pm Stereotyping a group of people, in this case immigrants, and attributing negative characteristics or behaviour to them en masse is pretty much the definition of discrimination... whether you agree with it or not.
I can see your point but I’m simply remarking that as a statement it’s just wholly inaccurate as nobody knows who litters the most individually.
I would just add we have a large Polish population in BSE and if I see one of them dropping litter I won’t automatically assume they all drop litter.
Just so I don’t get dragged in to the racism recycling row.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

My lovely wife is an immigrant .
She is also the cleanest ,tidiest person i've ever met.
Lord knows how she's put up with me for so long.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:01 pm My lovely wife is an immigrant .
She is also the cleanest ,tidiest person i've ever met.
Lord knows how she's put up with me for so long.
Where is your wife from Ron?

In my job I regularly get asked to do one off clearance work by American servicemen/women as we have Lakenheath near by. The conversation goes something like this:
“Hi are you a landscaper”
Yes.
“Do you clear backyards”
Yes.
“We have 3 dogs and we need someone to clear all the poop off the lawn before it’s cut”
Do one.

So do I deduce from this that at least all American service people are disgusting lazy layabouts.
Of course not 😂