Recycling

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Recycling

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:39 pm I can see your point but I’m simply remarking that as a statement it’s just wholly inaccurate as nobody knows who litters the most individually.
I would just add we have a large Polish population in BSE and if I see one of them dropping litter I won’t automatically assume they all drop litter.
Just so I don’t get dragged in to the racism recycling row.
Agreed... it is, of course, absolute bollocks... but that doesn't prevent it from being bigoty racist bollocks.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:15 pm Where is your wife from Ron?

In my job I regularly get asked to do one off clearance work by American servicemen/women as we have Lakenheath near by. The conversation goes something like this:
“Hi are you a landscaper”
Yes.
“Do you clear backyards”
Yes.
“We have 3 dogs and we need someone to clear all the poop off the lawn before it’s cut”
Do one.

So do I deduce from this that at least all American service people are disgusting lazy layabouts.
Of course not 😂
She's from Romania Jay.
As Farage succinctly put it on Question Time once 'You wouldn't want them living next door to you ,would you?'

I once had a small paving job in Battersea a long time ago. Tiny backyard ,but full of dog s**t .
They didn't even have the decency to clear it up before I started. Numptys
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:32 pm MC
You didn't answer my question.
Who is 'our own'.
Sorry ron, I didn;t see it, I had other more important things to attend.
What I meant was, they are just punishing the very people of where we live in a bid to appease other folk around the world.
As I said, we a tiny blot on the world map, trying to educate around 70million out of around 8 billion worldwide,
we are constantly being told / forced what to say and do, now I've got moaning f**king minnie having a go because I'm racist.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm now I've got moaning f**king minnie having a go because I'm racist.
Again, you're supposed to be a moderator, so insulting a forum member who's called you out for making prejudiced remarks is not a good look, is it.

You're supposed to be impartial, not spouting your ignorant views and then attacking anyone who objects.

I said at the time that it was poacher turned gamekeeper.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:26 pm She's from Romania Jay.
As Farage succinctly put it on Question Time once 'You wouldn't want them living next door to you ,would you?'

I once had a small paving job in Battersea a long time ago. Tiny backyard ,but full of dog s**t .
I spent a lot of time in Romania (Iasi and Sibiu) for work a few years ago Ron. Loved it. The people were really friendly.
Lots of poverty and begging though which was really sad to see. I had a girl of no more than 5 years old come up to me in an outside area of a restaurant and try to sell me a flower. When I said "no thank you" she said "f**k you" and moved on to the next table. I was gobsmacked.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Madron wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:26 pm She's from Romania Jay.

Imagine living next door to Farage 😱

Also people putting dog s**t in your skip when it’s in the road. I know the skip driver well and he said let me know their address and I’ll tip the lot in their front garden and see how they like it.
He definitely meant it as a lot of their skips are sorted by hand. Funnily enough they employ Eastern European workers to do this. They don’t like dog s**t either.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

When I was younger. the milkman took the empties back to the dairy and they were sterilised and reused , the pup sent empty beer bottles back to the brewery and you took your juice bottles back to the shop and got your deposit back and the bottles went back to the supplier , the system seemed to work fine when did we decide that burying stuff in the ground was a good idea?
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

We have two large industrial sized wheeled bins in the car park at work, one for recyclable items and the other for general waste. Biffa refuse to take the recycling if it’s been contaminated with general waste but the ridiculous thing is they get emptied into the same wagon!!! I once asked the driver why he wouldn’t take the recycling and the response was “I’m doing what we’ve been told”
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Lorimer46 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm When I was younger. the milkman took the empties back to the dairy and they were sterilised and reused , the pup sent empty beer bottles back to the brewery and you took your juice bottles back to the shop and got your deposit back and the bottles went back to the supplier , the system seemed to work fine when did we decide that burying stuff in the ground was a good idea?

My milkman still takes the empties back to the dairy.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team

Post by Lorimer46 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm My milkman still takes the empties back to the dairy.
I know that there's some folks around here that get their milk delivered but I'm not sure if it's glass bottles, the milk that's sold in the local store comes from the same company and it's in plastic bottles . I can't remember the last time I saw a glass bottle of milk , I also recall that the milkman back in the day used to have pint bottles of fresh orange.
Gang aft agley "
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lorimer46 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm I know that there's some folks around here that get their milk delivered but I'm not sure if it's glass bottles, the milk that's sold in the local store comes from the same company and it's in plastic bottles . I can't remember the last time I saw a glass bottle of milk , I also recall that the milkman back in the day used to have pint bottles of fresh orange.
Oooooooh! That fresh orange was magical. A very special treat as a kid back in the 60/70's. Before you could nip to a 'supermarket'. I'd forgotten about that.

Hope your lovely swan is still doing ok....
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team

Post by Lorimer46 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am Oooooooh! That fresh orange was magical. A very special treat as a kid back in the 60/70's. Before you could nip to a 'supermarket'. I'd forgotten about that.

Hope your lovely swan is still doing ok....
The swan is a bit of a star attraction, everybody who visits the pond is always looking for her
Gang aft agley "
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lorimer46 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm I know that there's some folks around here that get their milk delivered but I'm not sure if it's glass bottles, the milk that's sold in the local store comes from the same company and it's in plastic bottles . I can't remember the last time I saw a glass bottle of milk , I also recall that the milkman back in the day used to have pint bottles of fresh orange.
We get our milk delivered, and it’s in proper glass bottles 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello