Travel from stadium to City Centre

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SAFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Travel from stadium to City Centre

Post by SAFC »

Hello, just after a bit advice heading to the match on Tuesday night with the family including my little boy who’s 5. Whats the quickest way to get back to the city centre after the game? Assume taxis is no go with congestion etc, any park and rides or shuttle buses?

Cheers in advance
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: Travel from stadium to City Centre

Post by rich_leeds64 »

SAFC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:05 pm Hello, just after a bit advice heading to the match on Tuesday night with the family including my little boy who’s 5. Whats the quickest way to get back to the city centre after the game? Assume taxis is no go with congestion etc, any park and rides or shuttle buses?

Cheers in advance
Opposite the East stand to the left of the Pavillion there’s buses back to the City centre, the R2 which takes about 10-15 mins. As you enter the bus pick up/drop off area there’s a single decker parked up where you buy your tickets. Haven’t used it for a while so couldn’t tell you the price.
P.S please don’t win 😬
SAFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SAFC »

Thats spot on mate cheers, dont worry there’s no chance we’ll win, we’re a mess at minute. Going down for the crack and few beers and food more than the footy
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

You can walk, about 2 miles. Holbeck not the best part of town but plenty of people will be heading that way after the game.

Otherwise as has been said the R2 heads back to town from behind the Pavillion after the game. £2 each way. Normal buses and taxis resume about an hour after the game.

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/leeds/plan-j ... -united-fc
SAFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SAFC »

Cheers but the little’un wont be able to walk it, the bus seems like the best option cheers
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

In over 50 years of going to ER I've never taken the bus so many thanks for the info and might give it a try for some of our Saturday fixtures when heading into town after.

Usually have a couple of beers and then get a taxi (£10).
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:18 pm In over 50 years of going to ER I've never taken the bus so many thanks for the info and might give it a try for some of our Saturday fixtures when heading into town after.

Depends how many of you there are. More than 3 and it's cheaper to get a taxi.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:24 pm Depends how many of you there are. More than 3 and it's cheaper to get a taxi.
Being a recent convert to Uber it probably is.
SAFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SAFC »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:18 pm In over 50 years of going to ER I've never taken the bus so many thanks for the info and might give it a try for some of our Saturday fixtures when heading into town after.

How long after the game do taxis start picking up? Assume taxis avoid the area after the game due to congestion and traffic management
SAFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SAFC »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:13 pm Opposite the East stand to the left of the Pavillion there’s buses back to the City centre, the R2 which takes about 10-15 mins. As you enter the bus pick up/drop off area there’s a single decker parked up where you buy your tickets. Haven’t used it for a while so couldn’t tell you the price.
P.S please don’t win 😬
Excellent thank you and we definitely wont win
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

SAFC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:36 pm How long after the game do taxis start picking up? Assume taxis avoid the area after the game due to congestion and traffic management
The taxi rank is roughly opposite McDonalds and there will be taxis waiting for the match to finish. There are no restrictions for taxis to access the rank so they keep coming on a regular basis but the queue can get quite long.

Midweek I'm not sure how long the the wait is as I'm usually driving.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

SAFC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:36 pm How long after the game do taxis start picking up? Assume taxis avoid the area after the game due to congestion and traffic management
It’s carnage, traffic wise, after the game for a good hour or so.

I park at the top of the hill on Town Street, and pass several taxis as I’m walking up to my car trying to come down the hill trying to negotiate the traffic.

As others have said, jump on the bus mate. Dead easy.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:58 pm It’s carnage, traffic wise, after the game for a good hour or so.

I park at the top of the hill on Town Street, and pass several taxis as I’m walking up to my car trying to come down the hill trying to negotiate the traffic.

As others have said, jump on the bus mate. Dead easy.
Unless leaving early and then you could possibly make a quick getaway as Leeds fans always stay until the end.
SAFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SAFC »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:55 pm The taxi rank is roughly opposite McDonalds and there will be taxis waiting for the match to finish. There are no restrictions for taxis to access the rank so they keep coming on a regular basis but the queue can get quite long.

Midweek I'm not sure how long the the wait is as I'm usually driving.

Cheers much appreciated will try there first then bus if necessary
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

SAFC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:13 pm Cheers much appreciated will try there first then bus if necessary
Enjoy the match and don't be too shocked if you come away with something as the Leeds crowd can get quite nervy on occasions like these.