The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

Post by whiteinfrance »

It's pretty clear to me that Joseph has to start
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

Post by Overman »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:17 pm Oh great, another one who labels everyone who has a different opinion of Bamford as a “hater”. And “infest”?

Words fail me.
Indeed, it goes against the grain of what a forum is a actually about 'diversity of thought and opinion'. Tbough I just tend to ignore them tbh.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Overman wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm Indeed, it goes against the grain of what a forum is a actually about 'diversity of thought and opinion'. Tbough I just tend to ignore them tbh.
Good call, but the “hater” tag just grates on me. It shows a great deal of imagination to jump on that bandwagon.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm It's pretty clear to me that Joseph has to start
Yeah, to me too and many others.

But that long winded speech in defence of Bamfraud yesterday means Farke will be starting him in our remaining matches.

"Don't underestimate his capabilities".

I think Farke has worsened the situation and put more pressure on him. Starting Joseph, and, or Piroe, would have taken the spotlight off the Fraud and given us some fresh impetus.

Several coaches have backed Bamford and he's let them and us down, so let's see these wonderful characteristics tonight.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

I'm not a Bamford apologist but he plays best when his status is in question. It's been true dating back to Roofe. Start Piroe or Joseph to put him on the edge then throw him on and watch him deliver. When he's settled as starter he disappears.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

onemoreslogan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:55 am I'm not a Bamford apologist but he plays best when his status is in question. It's been true dating back to Roofe. Start Piroe or Joseph to put him on the edge then throw him on and watch him deliver. When he's settled as starter he disappears.
Fair point OMS, for too long we've had players guaranteed to start regardless of form or fitness. Farke has contradicted himself numerous times this season. "Players will only be selected if they're fit and producing during training and in matches".

Well, Bamford has looked hopeless for quite a few matches now, but he's still started and will do tonight. So in Farke's eyes he has no competition for his starting spot. Same applies to a lot of them: Meslier, Gray, Rodon, Ampadu, Summerville, Georginio, James, etc.

Cresswell is a capable CB whose good enough for this level, but I'll guarantee that Ampadu will start, sick or not, same as Kamara has the last few matches. James has lost confidence since the international break, and Gnonto isn't fit enough to start, okay then why not give Jaidon Anthony some minutes? If you're never gonna play him then why loan him?

It just reeks of the same approach regardless, give it to Georgi and Jimmy and hope something clicks.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:44 am Yeah, to me too and many others.

But that long winded speech in defence of Bamfraud yesterday means Farke will be starting him in our remaining matches.
Why is it necessary to use a derogatory name for Bamford. I don't think anybody likes fun made of their names. It is demeaning, and condescending and shows a lack of respect.

I think it is mean spirited, and it is something I would associate with undeserved taunting by a playground bully.

It is a very childish thing to do.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:19 am Why is it necessary to use a derogatory name for Bamford. I don't think anybody likes fun made of their names. It is demeaning, and condescending and shows a lack of respect.

I think it is mean spirited, and it is something I would associate with undeserved taunting by a playground bully.

It is a very childish thing to do.
Look at his record over the past three seasons as our number 9 and one of our highest paid players:

64 league appearances = 13 goals

That's a Fraud :)

Farke, like a few other coaches we've had here, needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

If Bamford does his job I'm good with him, but if he ain't doing his job then he's open to criticism, especially when the coach comes out and lauds him after numerous poor performances on the pitch. What is he doing right now to earn that praise?
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:56 am Look at his record over the past three seasons as our number 9 and one of our highest paid players:

64 league appearances = 13 goals

That's a Fraud :)

Farke, like a few other coaches we've had here, needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

If Bamford does his job I'm good with him, but if he ain't doing his job then he's open to criticism, especially when the coach comes out and lauds him after numerous poor performances on the pitch. What is he doing right now to earn that praise?
A sobriquet is an an affectionate and humorous nickname. Do you remember when someone as a well meaning joke bought Patrick the title "Lord Bamford", partly because of his posh education and for his imperious playing style at that particular moment. The nickname was well received and contributed to a feel good factor, and who knows led to our promotion.

Au contraire mon Ami a sobriquet that demeans by its incessant use, colours the perception of a player in the eyes of others. Criticise him if you must but accord him some respect and use his real name.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:05 am A sobriquet is an an affectionate and humorous nickname. Do you remember when someone as a well meaning joke bought Patrick the title "Lord Bamford", partly because of his posh education and for his imperious playing style at that particular moment. The nickname was well received and contributed to a feel good factor, and who knows led to our promotion.

Au contraire mon Ami a sobriquet that demeans by its incessant use, colours the perception of a player in the eyes of others. Criticise him if you must but accord him some respect and use his real name.
I'll take a wild guess Rab, that myself and others were calling him Lord Snooty as a mark of affection when he was producing.

When players stop producing, but are still selected and even praised by the coach, then himself and Farke are leaving themselves open to derisive comments.

We're here to win matches and get promoted and Bamford and Farke have the job of achieving our objectives. Just hot air about how he rates Bamford is not sufficient.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:17 pm Oh great, another one who labels everyone who has a different opinion of Bamford as a “hater”. And “infest”?

Words fail me.
Yes that's pissed me off too. Glad I wasn't the only one.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:12 am I'll take a wild guess Rab, that myself and others were calling him Lord Snooty
Snooty adjective
Snobbishly aloof; haughty.
High-class; exclusive.
Pompous; snobbish; inclined to turn up one's nose.

Lord Snooty was from the Beano who despite his lineage would bond with the working-class children on the other side of town... quite admirable if Patrick made that his objective as a player with his teammates.

However as you yourself confess by calling him Lord Snooty, even back then there is an undercurrent of having a dismissive attitude towards him, even when he was being lauded by others.

I can only concluded that you have an abiding dislike for him and waste no opportunity to express it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've never called him Lord Bamford, I've also never called him Bamfraud ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:04 am Snooty adjective
Snobbishly aloof; haughty.
High-class; exclusive.
Pompous; snobbish; inclined to turn up one's nose.

Lord Snooty was from the Beano who despite his lineage would bond with the working-class children on the other side of town... quite admirable if Patrick made that his objective as a player with his teammates.

However as you yourself confess by calling him Lord Snooty, even back then there is an undercurrent of having a dismissive attitude towards him, even when he was being lauded by others.

I can only concluded that you have an abiding dislike for him and waste no opportunity to express it.
I like players who play well for Leeds United :love:

I will continue to scrutinize Paddy for his fraudulent activities on the pitch.

If we still win while he's doing nothing, then I can kind of turn a blind eye. But not when results go against us.

Farke is and should be under the same scrutiny.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:27 am I will continue to scrutinize Paddy for his fraudulent activities on the pitch.
fraudulent adjective
Engaging in fraud; deceitful.
Using fraud; tricky; deceitful; dishonest.

It is a neat trick to turn Ford into Fraud and thus label someone as deceitful and dishonest, and perhaps accuse them of trickery to usurp someone else's position in the team... Someone who you think is more worthy. That is tantamount to subtle character assassination, which seems to be unremitting.

I can't see Patrick as using dishonesty or trickery to maintain his position in the team or that he uses some Machiavellian scheme or voodoo magic to influence Farke's team selection. Daniel must see some merit or redeeming qualities in him, though many fans don't

Or perhaps you are thinking more of an oil painting that turns out to be not the genuine article and a fraud.

In your mind perhaps Patrick is no longer the genuine article.