Radrizzani at Sampdoria

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Saint claire
Ballboy
Ballboy

Radrizzani at Sampdoria

Post by Saint claire »

Hi guys, I'm Italian, a Sampdoria fan. I have followed Leeds with affection since Radrizzani became our president, because in a certain sense it is as if Leeds had saved Sampdoria. Sampdoria was going bankrupt, and was miraculously saved by Radrizzani last summer. Now Radrizzani has left, and Sampdoria is followed by his right-hand man, an extremely serious person. At the beginning Radrizzani's adventure at Sampdoria seemed tragicomic because we were second to last in Serie B, but now things have improved and we are in the play off zone. A healthy society is developing under Radrizzani. Maybe you Radrizzani don't like him, but we feel like we're dreaming because over the last 15 years we've had truly terrible presidents. In Italy there are no premier league filters, and anyone can buy a club, even cabaret personalities. I like Leeds, I know the history of Don Revie's great Leeds, if you want we can talk about football and you can explain Radrizzani's strengths and weaknesses to me
Scott
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Radrizzani at Sampdoria

Post by Scott »

In the 20 years before Radrizani took over us, we had a lot of terrible owners, Ken Bates sticks out in my memory. I would say Radrizani was considerably better than most if not of the owners/chairmen since Ridsdale. He left us in a better position then when he purchased us, and few owners can say that.

He did have a down side too, there were things he did around leveraging the ground for his business deals, that to be honest I don't fully understand, but didn't feel respectful. He relied too much on Victor Orta, who was at best hit and miss. He underestimated the premier league. He was behind some pretty stupid relegation release clauses. And it would have been better all round if he sold us 12 months earlier.

I think everybody is happier with our current owners than Radrizani. I think everybody was happier with Radrizani than Ken Bates. For me he's a little like Bamford, works hard, the team plays better with him, capable of pulling off the spectacular, can't score a tap in - good and bad points.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

He only had one strength - Bert.

If Bert hadn't arrived, he and you would be bankrupt, he owes his entire future to Bert.

End of.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Translation for Saint Clair: Bert is of course Marcelo Bielsa.
Saint claire
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Saint claire »

I'm happy to be able to chat with you. In Italy, Leeds is well known because of the famous film The Damn United, the famous film by Brian Clough. Radrizzani arrived at Sampdoria this summer, taking it out of the hands of a cabaret character. at the beginning things didn't go well in the standings, but then the club got into gear and now we win almost all of them. However, Radrizzani mysteriously stepped away and left the chair of president to his partner Manfredi, a truly serious person. There were disagreements between Cellino and Radrizzani in the Italian newspapers over old issues. we too, like you, have had terrible presidents in the last 15 years, we played with a forty-year-old in attack, but now with this new serious club the environment seems regenerated. sometimes on dazn I watch leeds matches from Italy. in Italy we don't have the filters of the premier league, so we often end up with folkloristic presidents who are difficult to send away.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Saint claire wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:27 am Hi guys, I'm Italian, a Sampdoria fan. I have followed Leeds with affection since Radrizzani became our president, because in a certain sense it is as if Leeds had saved Sampdoria. Sampdoria was going bankrupt, and was miraculously saved by Radrizzani last summer. Now Radrizzani has left, and Sampdoria is followed by his right-hand man, an extremely serious person. At the beginning Radrizzani's adventure at Sampdoria seemed tragicomic because we were second to last in Serie B, but now things have improved and we are in the play off zone. A healthy society is developing under Radrizzani. Maybe you Radrizzani don't like him, but we feel like we're dreaming because over the last 15 years we've had truly terrible presidents. In Italy there are no premier league filters, and anyone can buy a club, even cabaret personalities. I like Leeds, I know the history of Don Revie's great Leeds, if you want we can talk about football and you can explain Radrizzani's strengths and weaknesses to me
I like Radrizzani, did a top job for us and left us in a decent state. The error, an error made by committee, was the signing of Marsch. He was clearly unsuitable for the job and it cost us big time from his signings, through his tactics to his bizarre team talks.

But, even now, we're a much better football club than the second rate championship side we were for 16 years
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

History will look on Radz favourably for me. First and foremost he is a business man who realised the potential of the club. The infrastructure choices he made which did not go down well with a lot of fans were about protecting his business interests. Owners do not buy clubs for a charitable purpose or through love and devotion - he no doubt wanted to raise his profile and make a few quid. He ticked those boxes.
From a football sense he relied on others to make decisions. Which turned out to be a mixed bag - par for the course with most owners in truth.
Saint claire
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Saint claire »

Sampdoria now has the problem that according to Italian law the clubs that are saved from bankruptcy cannot make the transfer market for 2 sessions. so we can't buy anyone this summer either. or to be more precise you have to sell before buying so Radrizzani's hands are tied for the moment. in Italy fixers and swindlers often lead the clubs, with Italian justice being a joke, but lately they are trying to create a demeanor because certain unpresentable people in football are not welcome. before Radrizzani we had a folkloristic character without a euro of personal wealth with 200 million euros in debt, who wanted them to give him 40 million to sell the club, luckily with a trick in a dramatic evening Radrizzani managed to take the club away from him from the hands. Now Radrizzani has stepped aside and in his place is his friend, Manfredi, a former lieutenant in the Italian army, who is shaping a model society.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

When you do get back into the transfer market, ask Radz to ring up Clown A for you and see what he's up to :tup:

No need.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Oh and tell him, we've got an absolute load of players for you at half price if he's got £200m

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

In fact you can buy 1 get 2 free atm, special promotion.

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Radrizzani arrival at Leeds United was something to celebrate as the previous owners had put the club in seriously bad state.
The stability he brought enabled Leeds to regroup and start rebuilding the club. The appointment of Marcello Bielsa has to be his masterstroke that many Leeds fans still talk about today. (Some speak of nothing else lol)
However Radrizzani made serious errors in judgement, he trusted others around him to deliver and believed what they were telling him. Instead of recognising the problems he doubled down and backed the clowns around him. In the end the house of cards fell. His business dealing were also questionable, using the clubs assets to further his outside business interests. Looks like he has learnt from past mistakes and Sampdoria are doing well in Seria B.
Saint claire
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Saint claire »

Sampdoria at the time of bankruptcy had around 200 million euros in debt, but then Radrizzani negotiated a procedure with the tax authorities called negotiated settlement, renegotiating the debt which dropped to 90 million but due to this procedure Sampdoria has the transfer market blocked for two sessions. Now Radrizzani has left and wants to buy the Belgian team Genk, and has left Samp to a friend of him. in Italy we are very satisfied with Radrizzani and his friend who are shaping a model society. they surrounded themselves with capable people who understand football. last year we played in attack with a forty-year-old who couldn't stand up, but since he was much loved by the fans radrizzani was pressured to renew his card but he was good at not giving in to the pressure. now Radrizzani's partner also wants to build a new stadium. so far he has put 50 million into the club.