DuckDuckGo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

DuckDuckGo

Post by mentalcase »

Anyone ever used this and if so, what are the pro's & con's
Thank you
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: DuckDuckGo

Post by Barlow Boy »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm Anyone ever used this and if so, what are the pro's & con's
Thank you
What is it ?, some sort of toilet cleaner?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:50 pm What is it ?, some sort of toilet cleaner?
Internet browser, but apparently safer !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I use it for my phone ... Sara recommended it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 pm Internet browser, but apparently safer !!
When it comes to technology, I’m down there with the worst ☹️☹️☹️
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

It’s supposed to not track your browsing, but as a conspiracy theorist I am a bit doubtful. I have used it though, it was fine and a lot less monetised than Google. Some people recommend Presearch and Brave.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Deleted, duplicate.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:06 pm When it comes to technology, I’m down there with the worst ☹️☹️☹️
And I thought it was a delicious recipe :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:02 pm And I thought it was a delicious recipe :lol:
Did you try & order some with crispy noodles
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

I use Brave on my PC and Duck on my phone.
Preferred google for searching ie you could ask a question and there were similarly asked questions with answers, which DDG doesn’t have - but google have been annoying lately, wanting you to sign in etc so they can control your life, so I sacked it.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Finnatic wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:14 pm I use Brave on my PC and Duck on my phone.
Preferred google for searching ie you could ask a question and there were similarly asked questions with answers, which DDG doesn’t have - but google have been annoying lately, wanting you to sign in etc so they can control your life, so I sacked it.
What about email accounts, do they have them or would I still have to use others !!
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:35 pm What about email accounts, do they have them or would I still have to use others !!
Not sure what you mean.
I just Mail on my iPhone and auto log in, can’t remember how it was initially set up.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

BTW, DDG does sort of give answers to questions but only by giving a list of sites for you to click on.
Google give a drop down of usually the first paragraph and if it’s what you were looking for, just choose that site.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Finnatic wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:52 pm BTW, DDG does sort of give answers to questions but only by giving a list of sites for you to click on.
Google give a drop down of usually the first paragraph and if it’s what you were looking for, just choose that site.
Cheers will give it a whirl :tup:
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Protonmail accounts are free and encrypted, if that’s what you are after.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:02 pm And I thought it was a delicious recipe :lol:
Crispy Duck Duck go with pancakes and hoi sin sauce
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

On your phone if you click the little badge like shield in the top left hand corner it will show you all of the trackers it is blocking for the site you are browsing. Since using it it cuts out annoying ads and popups, and I don't get asked so much to accept cookies. It is quick and reliable. it also has a widget that you can have on your home screen of your phone that allows you to use DDG search engine instead of Google, which tracks every search you make then spits out ads to annoy you.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:26 pm Crispy Duck Duck go with pancakes and hoi sin sauce

🤤
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:14 pm Did you try & order some with crispy noodles
Might put in an order later. :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Sean_Nile wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:16 pm On your phone if you click the little badge like shield in the top left hand corner it will show you all of the trackers it is blocking for the site you are browsing. Since using it it cuts out annoying ads and popups, and I don't get asked so much to accept cookies. It is quick and reliable. it also has a widget that you can have on your home screen of your phone that allows you to use DDG search engine instead of Google, which tracks every search you make then spits out ads to annoy you.
Thanks sean, I put that protection on, just tried wickes, it immediately stopped 7 different sites access, you can see them burning them away at the top. :fire: