The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 23rd April) Summerville back to his best in seven goal thriller

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 23rd April) Summerville back to his best in seven goal thriller

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 pm You just can’t help yourself, can you? You’ve been told, just because someone doesn’t rate someone, doesn’t mean they hate someone.
OB, if you don't rate PB, can i ask, do you only see what he does when he's actually on the ball?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 23rd April) Summerville back to his best in seven goal thriller

Post by Ellandback1 »

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm OB, if you don't rate PB, can i ask, do you only see what he does when he's actually on the ball?
No mate, I see him when he’s missed the ball that he should be controlling. I see him when he’s nowhere where he should be, when the ball gets into the box and here’s not there. I see him when his main contribution is to put his hand in the air and call for a corner or free kick. I see him with a number 9 on his shirt and he misses yet another sitter.
Sorry Kenny, I know what your going to say about his movement and such, but he just doesn’t do it for me. But I don’t hate him, like some lame wits claim. I know you’re not one of them though.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm No mate, I see him when he’s missed the ball that he should be controlling. I see him when he’s nowhere where he should be, when the ball gets into the box and here’s not there. I see him when his main contribution is to put his hand in the air and call for a corner or free kick. I see him with a number 9 on his shirt and he misses yet another sitter.
Sorry Kenny, I know what your going to say about his movement and such, but he just doesn’t do it for me. But I don’t hate him, like some lame wits claim. I know you’re not one of them though.
Paddy's movement is decent one game in four, his ability to hold up the ball is poor for the most part, frequently losing possession. It's a fallacy that movement and hold up play are his strengths.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm Paddy's movement is decent one game in four, his ability to hold up the ball is poor for the most part, frequently losing possession. It's a fallacy that movement and hold up play are his strengths.
It is also a fallacy to claim Joseph is a better footballer than Bamford on the strength of a good cup outing and a few cameos.
I rate the kid but we haven’t really seen enough of him yet to make any assertions.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm No mate, I see him when he’s missed the ball that he should be controlling. I see him when he’s nowhere where he should be, when the ball gets into the box and here’s not there. I see him when his main contribution is to put his hand in the air and call for a corner or free kick. I see him with a number 9 on his shirt and he misses yet another sitter.
Did you play up front yourself, or in the defence ?

He'll be starting Friday, just watch how he drags CH's out/about thus opening up other spaces, watch where he is all the time, and where he pops up, how he anticipates the next play of the ball from us, and the oppos, and how he reads what he thinks the next play will be from them and the closing down he'll try and do on 2 of their defenders.

He can also drive me insane with his feet, and he ain't called 'barndoor' for feck all, i've always thought he's got demons when he has too much time, and is better instinctively with no time to think, when he has 2 options it's like his brain goes into overload and explodes, thus missing. But we have no one atm better than him for the thinking part of the lone role.

If you put Piroe finishing into PB's game and vice versa, you'd have a top quality international on your hands.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm Paddy's movement is decent one game in four, his ability to hold up the ball is poor for the most part, frequently losing possession. It's a fallacy that movement and hold up play are his strengths.
That's totally because the likes of you and Cjay just don't understand his movement, you think when he's running away from the play and where the ball is, it's all wrong.

Nuff said.

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:19 am Did you play up front yourself, or in the defence ?

He'll be starting Friday, just watch how he drags CH's out/about thus opening up other spaces, watch where he is all the time, and where he pops up, how he anticipates the next play of the ball from us, and the oppos, and how he reads what he thinks the next play will be from them and the closing down he'll try and do on 2 of their defenders.

He can also drive me insane with his feet, and he ain't called 'barndoor' for feck all, i've always thought he's got demons when he has too much time, and is better instinctively with no time to think, when he has 2 options it's like his brain goes into overload and explodes, thus missing. But we have no one atm better than him for the thinking part of the lone role.

If you put Piroe finishing into PB's game and vice versa, you'd have a top quality international on your hands.
I was a forward - in rugby. Number 6 or 8 in union, prop in league, so I’ve got no time for fancy runners. Do the job you’re paid for, that’s my style.

I commented in the Hull thread , how the Hull defence kept shape and let him run about, yet he still persisted doing the same thing. Poor comparison, but I don’t see Alfie’s young lad running 13k per game. I bet he doesn’t run 5k, but he does what it says on the tin.

If I’m really honest, I just don’t like the way he runs. It must be his public school upbringing or summat.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:42 am I was a forward - in rugby. Number 6 or 8 in union, prop in league, so I’ve got no time for fancy runners. Do the job you’re paid for, that’s my style.

I commented in the Hull thread , how the Hull defence kept shape and let him run about, yet he still persisted doing the same thing. Poor comparison, but I don’t see Alfie’s young lad running 13k per game. I bet he doesn’t run 5k, but he does what it says on the tin.

If I’m really honest, I just don’t like the way he runs. It must be his public school upbringing or summat.
He has got a peculiar Dinosaur gait i'll grant you that.

;@)
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Yes but no but yes but he did a knee slide with Jimmy to celebrate his goal

Last time he did that he crocked himself, so doing it now must indicate that he thinks he is fit enough to do a slide.

Perhaps it was to exorcise demons from the past and to prove something to himself that if not back to his best, then he has made some sort of recovery.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:44 am He has got a peculiar Dinosaur gait i'll grant you that.
Dinosaur gait. I like that, sounds like a US Presidential campaign slogan.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 pm Dinosaur gait. I like that, sounds like a US Presidential campaign slogan.
Could also be a US President.

You know what they're like with their names.

;@)