The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 24th April) Two horse race for second spot

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 24th April) Two horse race for second spot

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:10 am That is a lie. His real name is Hugh Givsa Farke.
Great middle name
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 24th April) Two horse race for second spot

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 am Great middle name
Yes it is a family name.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Supersaint3 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:35 am Ask me after QPR on Friday who's going up... Ipswich seem to be an unstoppable monster this year... Hopefully Coventry's exertions against the scummers have tired them out, as Chili pointed out Hull need to have something to play for on Saturday...
We are all grasping at straws, with this, I really don’t think these days it makes much difference, teams are too professional to have this on the beach mentality. And who is to say if having the pressure off your back means you play with a bit more freedom - would boro of played as openly as they did vs us on Monday if playoffs were still a realistic possibility.

Hull are not great at home and Coventry are so I think it’s likely if Ipswich were to drop points it would come at Coventry not Hull though both will be tough
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:29 am Just noticed that and changed, WiF……..before scrolling down and noting your post.
Who was it? E&B? He lives in Southampton, that city on the Irish Sea, so we can give him some leeway
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

James costal cartilage injury.

That's him out for the rest of the season methinks
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am Yes it is a family name.
Mine is Big.
Jay Big Dogger. I dropped the ger because of the modern connotations as I’m sure you’re aware.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fair play to Leicester for holding their nerve last night.

Admittedly Southampton were pathetic, but Leicester could have easily been a bag of nerves after how poorly they played vs WBA and collapsed against an on paper better team.

But they didn't and played very well whilst it was Southampton who looked broken by the last result they had in a game they should have won.

1 team got away with it and gained confidence and the other got robbed and lost all confidence.

Shows how important confidence is at this stage.

Doesn't change anything from our point of view imo, we needed 3 wins from 3 and we still need 3 wins from 3.

Atleast that's the mentality
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 am Mine is Big.
Jay Big Dogger. I dropped the ger because of the modern connotations as I’m sure you’re aware.
I think we all thought that you were a big dogger. Explains why you always take the car to the Waitrose car park yet never return with any shopping.

Sensible to drop the ger bit though. Rest assured your secret is safe with your MOT family.
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

Most teams seem to treat playing leeds as a cup final and play accordingly, keepers pulling off worldie saves etc.
It's the the hands (feet ) of the players and if they want promotion bad enough they'll put in a performance worthy of such. Shouldn't rely on other teams doing us a favour, play to our strengths and see what happens.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 pm I think we all thought that you were a big dogger. Explains why you always take the car to the Waitrose car park yet never return with any shopping.

Sensible to drop the ger bit though. Rest assured your secret is safe with your MOT family.
Thanks dad 👍🏼
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 am I'm not too sure it really matters to several Hull players whether the play-offs is possible or not. Their key players are there on loan and unlikely will be there next season so really it doesn't matter to them as much, no financial incentive, no chance to prove themselves in the Prem with Hull next season etc. As such for them it is the same as it was previosuly just another game for them to play in, another chance to impress their parent clubs before leaving Hull. In fact with them being young they may already be looking forward to their holidays in Ibiza etc rather than wanting to stay at Hull for a few more weeks.

Coventry on the other hand will likely have more players desperate for the chance to play in the prem and their best hope of getting there would be with Coventry. If Coventry win then they still have the mathematical chance and in reality it would be better than Hulls current chance given Coventry's goal difference is nearer to Norwich's.
What we don't want is a draw though or they're both stuffed.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 am I'm not too sure it really matters to several Hull players whether the play-offs is possible or not. Their key players are there on loan and unlikely will be there next season so really it doesn't matter to them as much, no financial incentive, no chance to prove themselves in the Prem with Hull next season etc. As such for them it is the same as it was previosuly just another game for them to play in, another chance to impress their parent clubs before leaving Hull. In fact with them being young they may already be looking forward to their holidays in Ibiza etc rather than wanting to stay at Hull for a few more weeks.

Coventry on the other hand will likely have more players desperate for the chance to play in the prem and their best hope of getting there would be with Coventry. If Coventry win then they still have the mathematical chance and in reality it would be better than Hulls current chance given Coventry's goal difference is nearer to Norwich's.
Several reasons why Hull winning will be the better result for us.
Firstly , if Hull lose tonight , they will have nothing to fight for in the game v Ipswich if Norwich and WBA pick up points earlier in the
day on Sat. Makes for an easier 3 pts for Ipswich and more confidence for remaining fixtures..
Also ,win tonight and Hull will have fire in their belly for the quick turnaround against semi-rusty Ipswich .
Secondly, if Coventry win ,you then have to hope they beat a relegation fighting Blackburn before they play Ipswich. Risky.
You would also have to think Coventry would be deflated after their FA cup defeat and question their desire for 3 quick games, especially as their recent form has dropped.
Think Hull winning is preferred, by far.
Sods Law it will be a draw though (4-4 my guess)