QPR v Leeds - Player Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: QPR v Leeds - Player Ratings

Post by pjm2019 »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 am I watched the game again, 180 minutes of torture!

The three players, I gave ratings of 7 were decent.

Seven of my ratings were between 2 & 5.

You gave both our CB's 7, we let in 4 goals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

pjm2019 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm You gave both our CB's 7, we let in 4 goals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ampadu lost the header for their 4th goal, apart from that late mishap, Amps had a good game.

Rodon hardly put a foot/head wrong.

Both were under the cosh, because the majority of our players around them didn't turn up, its a team game, we shouldn't be so reliant on our CB's to bale us out all the time.

Rodon & Ampadu were involved in 45 decent pieces of play between them.

If you don't believe me, take the time out to watch the game again.

Of course, you won't as you switched off your telly during the game, just like a section of our fans who leave the ground early with 20 minutes to go when are losing ....... brilliant support :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Easy this = 0 for the lot of them
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm Easy this = 0 for the lot of them
A bit unfair on the three or four players who did play well.

We have no chance of competing in games when seven players fail to show any endeavour or quality, James
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm A bit unfair on the three or four players who did play well.

We have no chance of competing in games when seven players fail to show any endeavour or quality, James
True, I thought Firpo was ok and that was it for me.

Meslier should never get another match for us, but he will.

Incidentally Leon, have you joined Jay and I's speelingg club? :lol:

I hop Ipswick loose tommoroh night :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 pm True, I thought Firpo was ok and that was it for me.

Meslier should never get another match for us, but he will.

Incidentally Leon, have you joined Jay and I's speelingg club? :lol:

I hop Ipswick loose tommoroh night :lol:
Nah Jams, huw du eye joinne?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 pm Nah Jams, huw du eye joinne?
Sounds like Ur allready their Leon :)
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 pm Ampadu lost the header for their 4th goal, apart from that late mishap, Amps had a good game.

Both were under the cosh, because the majority of our players around them didn't turn up, its a team game, we shouldn't be so reliant on our CB's to bale us out all the time.

Of course, you won't as you switched off your telly during the game, just like a section of our fans who leave the ground early with 20 minutes to go when are losing ....... brilliant support :roll:
Made a right pigs ear defending the first goal.
Chair was 10 yards away and Rodon oddly had his hands behind his back. Made him immobile to defend the shot.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Madron wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 pm Made a right pigs ear defending the first goal.
Chair was 10 yards away and Rodon oddly had his hands behind his back. Made him immobile to defend the shot.
I dropped him a whole 1.5 for that, no clue what he was thinking and had he got that one blocked you're probably looking at a different game
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 pm Made a right pigs ear defending the first goal.
Byram should have checked Chair's run earlier, Gruev came across towards him but made no challenge, then easily fooled as Chair jinked to one side, his shot was always hitting the target once we allowed him to shoot. Unsure why Rodon had his arms behind his back, was he concerned about giving a penalty away?

I blame our non-existant midfield for allowing their best player to run forty yards into oceans of space without putting a challenge in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm I dropped him a whole 1.5 for that, no clue what he was thinking and had he got that one blocked you're probably looking at a different game
But you haven't docked Rutter 1.5 for losing possession in dangerous areas in previous matches. This is the problem, our midfielders & full-backs put Ampadu & Rodon under immense pressure. Even our forwards can't defend set-pieces at the near post efficiently.

Is it any wonder they get through so much work defensive to stop teams scoring?

Conceding 41 goals in 45 games is mainly down to our two warriors at the back.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:08 pm But you haven't docked Rutter 1.5 for losing possession in dangerous areas in previous matches. This is the problem, our midfielders & full-backs put Ampadu & Rodon under immense pressure. Even our forwards can't defend set-pieces at the near post efficiently.

Is it any wonder they get through so much work defensive to stop teams scoring?

Conceding 41 goals in 45 games is mainly down to our two warriors at the back.
I docked Geo for losing possession that lead to the goal recently
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Clearly didn’t dock Joseph for getting schooled at the near post by Dykes. He must have missed that - or was it just ignored 🤔
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:47 pm Clearly didn’t dock Joseph for getting schooled at the near post by Dykes. He must have missed that - or was it just ignored 🤔
Bamford would have won that header at the near post, sadly we miss Paddy defensively & offensively.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 am Bamford would have won that header at the near post, sadly we miss Paddy defensively & offensively.
I do not subscribe to the arguments that X would have done better than Y in the same position etc as it is just rhetorical. The fact is this is the value of experience. Joseph will learn a valuable lesson from that situation. This is a whole new level to u23’s etc. Seasoned pro’s use every trick, foul or fair, in the book.

I know he has me on ignore and has so for a while - it is no skin off my nose. He needs calling out from time to time, as like the rest of us his views contain a healthy quantity of horsesh*t.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:59 am I do not subscribe to the arguments that X would have done better than Y in the same position etc as it is just rhetorical. The fact is this is the value of experience. Joseph will learn a valuable lesson from that situation. This is a whole new level to u23’s etc. Seasoned pro’s use every trick, foul or fair, in the book.

I know he has me on ignore and has so for a while - it is no skin off my nose. He needs calling out from time to time, as like the rest of us his views contain a healthy quantity of horsesh*t.
I'm basing my statement from Paddy's previous successful defensive actions at the near post, he tends to be in the right positions & wins many headers from that spot. We've conceded several goals at the near & back post this season. Joseph & Rutter are not as efficient in those situations, as you say, both are on a learning curve.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure we should play strikers purely on what they might do in defence, surely we want strikers to be strikers
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:50 am Not sure we should play strikers purely on what they might do in defence, surely we want strikers to be strikers
Our strikers need to help out defending set-pieces as the opposition send all their big lads into our box, just as we do by sending Rodon & Ampadu up for our set-pieces, in our case they usually lead to nothing. :(
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 pm Ampadu lost the header for their 4th goal, apart from that late mishap, Amps had a good game.

i just do not like watching s**t
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

pjm2019 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm i just do not like watching s**t
I watched a turd for 25 minutes the other day.
Was a lot of flies round it but other than that quite boring tbh.