QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by pandagirl »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 am I have written and deleted about 10 different answers to your question.

But for simplicity’s sake the answer is Yes.
Good!
The only thing is, how are we going to get through on play offs with this form?

Something needs to change, because its just not happening

I was at the blackburn game, elland road was pumping (at times, not throughout though)

The players were trying their best but it wasnt happening, everything was being cut out or over run.

I will say, work rate is 100% but its just not coming off. Might have been better to have had this bad patch a few months ago, would have given the manager time to figure out a new plan. But he shouldnt just play the same way next match and hope it will stick, because its clear the blue print has been figured out.
Every opposition are just nullifying the midfield/ attack and hitting on the counter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 pm Whats Orta got to do with it?

Summerville has worked out well tbf to Victor as has Gnonto and both had shown enough in the Premier League for that to be suggested they'd thrive in the Championship.

Georgie Rutter has always been talented, just a bit of an enigma of a player but not without talent (hence why Dortmund tried to buy him in the summer).

Dan James (not my favourite) but he made his name at this level as a young player so again evidence was there he'd do well at this level.

People have raved about Struijk on here for years.

For this level they were never "s**t" problem was Orta signed them for the level above.

But for this level most of the squad we have are already proven at this level or had shown enough at higher levels to suggest they'd do very well.

Same goes for Bamford, Rodon, Piroe, Roberts,

My point was whether you rate the players or I do in terms of pedigree they are far above what normal Championship clubs have.

Can't you see that with unbiased eyes and a desire to brand everything Orta did as s**t?
Orta signed them for the future….and let’s not forget James was a player Bielsa had to have, not that that was wrong. Orta’s youth team stuff was just top class
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am Would you & others have approved of Cooper selected ahead of Rodon, I very much doubt it.

To be honest, Rodon & Ampadu have been our most consistent players.

Anyone who wishes to watch a re-run of the QPR game on LUTV, & you'll soon realise our CBs were solid in the main, it was the surrounding players who let the team down, especially our midfield/forwards offensively & defensively.
No, as I would've picked Cresswell instead. Especially against Peterborough, Plymouth x2, and probably Chelsea too. That would've saved Joe 390 mins of action for his body, recovery and mental health.

I know you will say Charlie isn't good enough, but he definitely is for Peterborough and Plymouth. If he isn't good enough, then why is he in the England u21 squad and why are AC Milan interested?
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 pm No, as I would've picked Cresswell instead. Especially against Peterborough, Plymouth x2, and probably Chelsea too. That would've saved Joe 390 mins of action for his body, recovery and mental health.

I know you will say Charlie isn't good enough, but he definitely is for Peterborough and Plymouth. If he isn't good enough, then why is he in the England u21 squad and why are AC Milan interested?
I’m Nostradamus…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 pm Some folks have their Orta and others have their Farke.

Sling shite long enough at someone and some of is bound to stick.

We make concessions for Farke when he goes on a long unbeaten run, but just let him trip up and out come the knives.

Jimmy and Willy that dynamic Orta duo are praised when banging in the goals but just let their form dip and they become lumped in with JKA.

It is all so black and white, the Ying and the yang, chaos and order, there is never any nuanced debate but instead violent swings from the best to the worst. Victories bring praise, and defeats condemnation.

Sweet sounding logical words that bring bitterness and rot to the bones.
Gnonto and Summerville will never ever get lumped in with JKA, probably the biggest transfer mess in history.

He got praised for the unbeaten run but again why were we 17 points behind in the first place?

Nothing to do with the summer as only 6 points behind in September, it was that Christmas run where he struggled?

Now in the run in he is struggling again.

You can excuse a bit with the summer but that has nothing to do with when we actually really started to drop behind or now?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 pm I remember I said in the summer that Summerville and Gnonto should be scoring 20 goals at this level, using Nathan Tella as an example for why. Gnonto probably would if he wasn't frozen out in the first half of the season.

This idea that they weren't good enough for the Championship and Farke made them good enough is completely delusional. :lol:
It's nonsense.

If you speak to opposition fans or even just read the forum (even the Norwich forum) people rave about our squad.

The only ones who don't are some of our own fans.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 pm Gnonto and Summerville will never ever get lumped in with JKA, probably the biggest transfer mess in history.

He got praised for the unbeaten run but again why were we 17 points behind in the first place?

Nothing to do with the summer as only 6 points behind in September, it was that Christmas run where he struggled?

Now in the run in he is struggling again.

You can excuse a bit with the summer but that has nothing to do with when we actually really started to drop behind or now?
The summer thing is overrated anyway. Gnonto and Sinisterra refused to play in 2 games, so we only dropped 5 points over that time. We dropped more than that over Christmas.

Summer doesn't excuse woeful performances against QPR, Preston, Stoke, West Brom, Sunderland, Rotherham, Coventry etc.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm Wotchu mein mayet?
Flucked iff eye no Roit
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 pm Orta signed them for the future….and let’s not forget James was a player Bielsa had to have, not that that was wrong. Orta’s youth team stuff was just top class
I won't debate Orta as I thought he was a pretty useless arrogant tosser focused on his own reputation and his desire to sign the next big thing for his own reputation over just the right player.

But I don't think his signings were s**t at this level at all.

Neither should they be given what they cost.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 pm It's nonsense.

If you speak to opposition fans or even just read the forum (even the Norwich forum) people rave about our squad.

The only ones who don't are some of our own fans.
Think some have just put so much into hyping Farke, they don't want to accept any fallacies. Big Sam, Gracia and Marsch would all be slated for the things Farke gets a free pass for.

I could understand it with Bielsa, since he had all that legacy, but Farke? He's just an average manager who will be sacked soon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm I won't debate Orta as I thought he was a pretty useless arrogant tosser focused on his own reputation and his desire to sign the next big thing for his own reputation over just the right player.

But I don't think his signings were s**t at this level at all.

Neither should they be given what they cost.
The problem is we signed them for the PL and not the Championship, so they will only go down as poor signings tbh. Not so much Summerville and Gnonto, but the likes of James and Rutter definitely.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 pm The summer thing is overrated anyway. Gnonto and Sinisterra refused to play in 2 games, so we only dropped 5 points over that time. We dropped more than that over Christmas.

Summer doesn't excuse woeful performances against QPR, Preston, Stoke, West Brom, Sunderland, Rotherham, Coventry etc.
I agree it's overplayed.

Not easy but teams have literally had no stadium, fan protests, owners in court throughout a season and won stuff.

Our summer was a minor brief inconvenience compared to what other clubs have gone through.

Same as the not having a settled squad thing, The Athletic versions of Phil Hay for Southampton and Leicester both said they expected players like Armstrong and Ndidi to leave right up to the last day and it wasn't until the window shut they knew for sure the squad.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm The problem is we signed them for the PL and not the Championship, so they will only go down as poor signings tbh. Not so much Summerville and Gnonto, but the likes of James and Rutter definitely.
Poor signings for where we were fine for now.

He was raving few months back about how well Georgie was doing in the Championship

Zero self awareness
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm Think some have just put so much into hyping Farke, they don't want to accept any fallacies. Big Sam, Gracia and Marsch would all be slated for the things Farke gets a free pass for.

I could understand it with Bielsa, since he had all that legacy, but Farke? He's just an average manager who will be sacked soon.
Think he spoke well in the summer at a fairly awkward time and after the mess we had been in and the various lunatics we have had people just appreciated a vaguely sane voice.

And I understand that.

The unbeaten run was decent and thanks to Rutter and Jimmy we had some excitement.

But I don't think he deserves the almost unchallenged worshiping he gets.

Bielsa had kinda earned it by being Bielsa, an iconic figure in football.

Farke not so much.
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 pm Well you don't need to be a professionally qualified coach to express an opinion, other wise this forum would be empty :)

I was calling for Bamford to be ditched over the past three seasons, not just since the international break.

He's injury prone and inconsistent and that's been the case since he joined us many years ago. So we all know what Bamford's all about, he has a few decent matches and scores a few goals then disappears. But it doesn't matter to him as he's used to having his place guaranteed regardless of from, performance and confidence.

Joseph, and Cresswell, have hardly been given a chance here in the first team. So if people judge them not ready what is that analysis based upon other then age and lack of first team minutes? They will never get that experience if they are not given a fair chance.

How many chances has Bamford had? And produced some shocking performances. Same was true of Tyler Roberts. Then when the likes of Bamford fail to put away chances, and Meslier fails to perform, we still persist with them. When there's no path to first team football we see players like Cresswell and Joseph getting frustrated and then they got unsettled and many of our fans almost see them as traitors for wanting to leave and progress their careers.

If Archie Gray is ready, then why aren't Cresswell, Klaesson and Joseph?

They will be given a shout with about 20 minutes to go when we're 2-0 down in a play-off semi-final, and Farke will be hoping that the players he's neglected all season can save our souls and his job, that's unfair on them.

My point is that Farke has one of the best squads at this level, but he's just stuck with the same players and the same tactics. He's had all season to give these younger players some minutes, give them some match fitness and instill some confidence in them for the times they will be needed.

Flogging our knackered first teams players while we have other options available seems madness to me. You see Ipswich having had the benefit of a rest looked much fresher last night.
I do not disagree with the suggestion that the players you name should have been given more mins. Nor do I disagree with the points you raise about Bamford.

Joseph had a good game against Chelsea, but there wasn’t a great deal of expectation, it was a go out and enjoy yourself game. I was surprised he didn’t play KK in goal also.

But off the basis of that Joseph is for some a better player in every way ??? But can Joseph take the pressure and expectation at this point in the season. I think he should have had more meaningful mins in the New Year. But we all know Farke (based on how the season has panned out ) only tends to make changes if he is forced to do so, primarily as a result of injury. Gnonto only got a start when DJ was injured.

But suggesting Joseph is better that Bamford is guess work - it may well be true - but would you stake your house on it. Farke would potentially be staking his job and dressing room harmony. I am aware you would have anyone than Bamford in the team, you have made that clear many times and I have no issue with that perspective - not that I agree with it, but it would be boring if we all agreed on every matter.

Incidentally, my comments about credibility were general rather than specific. It applies to anyone who is a couch coach. It is not about stifling opinion but certain posters write as if they are more qualified than Farke.

Gray, staked a claim through opportunity and seizing the opportunity. Cresswell was unlucky, Farke wanted experience and I agree I would like to have seen him have more minutes. However, Rodon has been immense. Can Rodon or Cresswell play LCB ?? And if so better than Cooper or Amps.

KK should perhaps have had more mins, but he was 3rd choice at the start of the season. He is only on the bench because Darlow has been injured. Is he better than Mes - see above as per Bamford debate. What is your opinion of Mes - Same as Bamford - anyone but him.

Nothing wrong with any of that - but it is as you say opinion and without any credibility, as are my comments, nor do I post - I am always right or claim to be the only person with a certain perspective.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 am OB - tbh I should OF picked up on your humour as a fellow satirical acolyte.

Incidentally it is very difficult to use OF instead of HAVE - spell check / predictive script goes into a tail spin.

As you alluded to the result had me on edge with was added to by the woe merchants emerging from literary hibernation.
Aye tern spill chick to not on
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am How do you feel about loose & lose?
One of the most common errors on here.
We seem to be doing both these days. Passes and games.

Gosh, that’s almost football talk, something I clearly know nothing about.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 pm I do not disagree with the suggestion that the players you name should have been given more mins. Nor do I disagree with the points you raise about Bamford.

Joseph had a good game against Chelsea, but there wasn’t a great deal of expectation, it was a go out and enjoy yourself game. I was surprised he didn’t play KK in goal also.

But off the basis of that Joseph is for some a better player in every way ??? But can Joseph take the pressure and expectation at this point in the season. I think he should have had more meaningful mins in the New Year. But we all know Farke (based on how the season has panned out ) only tends to make changes if he is forced to do so, primarily as a result of injury. Gnonto only got a start when DJ was injured.

But suggesting Joseph is better that Bamford is guess work - it may well be true - but would you stake your house on it. Farke would potentially be staking his job and dressing room harmony. I am aware you would have anyone than Bamford in the team, you have made that clear many times and I have no issue with that perspective - not that I agree with it, but it would be boring if we all agreed on every matter.

Incidentally, my comments about credibility were general rather than specific. It applies to anyone who is a couch coach. It is not about stifling opinion but certain posters write as if they are more qualified than Farke.

Gray, staked a claim through opportunity and seizing the opportunity. Cresswell was unlucky, Farke wanted experience and I agree I would like to have seen him have more minutes. However, Rodon has been immense. Can Rodon or Cresswell play LCB ?? And if so better than Cooper or Amps.

KK should perhaps have had more mins, but he was 3rd choice at the start of the season. He is only on the bench because Darlow has been injured. Is he better than Mes - see above as per Bamford debate. What is your opinion of Mes - Same as Bamford - anyone but him.

Nothing wrong with any of that - but it is as you say opinion and without any credibility, as are my comments, nor do I post - I am always right or claim to be the only person with a certain perspective.
Good post DDB and agree with your points.

For me Meslier is dreadful, but occasionally pulls off a great save. I have my doubts about Darlow. KK like CC and MJ has not been given a fair chance, but should have been.

But as you say Farke will not give them a chance unless his hand is forced by injury, suspension and lastly desperation.

We'll soon be at the stage where desperation will take priority and I'll predict that we'll see some crazy choices by Farke when the chips are down.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Perhaps some folk should just add to the bottom of their posts whether they want DF sacked or not, it would clarify quite a lot.

Btw, i don't think he should be.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 pm

… but certain posters write as if they are more qualified than Farke. …
Excuse the edit: but I AM more qualified than Farke. For instance, I very much doubt he could do a chest decompression, let alone perform a laryngoscopy. Don’t even go there on who would do the better thoracotomy.

Whereas I am quite capable of sending out a football team to lose 4-0.
Last edited by Orange Box on Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.