QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm That's true. I was absolutely gutted when we lost at home to Blackburn as that was the final straw for me. The only thing left after that was hope, and that's been ruthlessly trampled upon.

I actually like Farke as a person, and desperately wanted him to succeed despite his failings, same as Bielsa. But once you open your eyes and accept what's really occurring then things are already done and it's time to move on.

I still cling onto the glimmer of hope that Ipswich can still screw it up. But the benefit of that would just be to ease our financial situation, as forget us at EPL level. I already have very serious doubts about Farke at this level now, cos as you say nothing appears to have been learned form the past.
We could still limp to automatics.

Aslong as the club and Farke recognise It was limped and move to address the issues that's ok in terms of aim reached.

He's ok as a person Farke,bit arrogant and stubborn given his patchy managerial record.

But doesn't come across as a total tit.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm We could still limp to automatics.

Aslong as the club and Farke recognise It was limped and move to address the issues that's ok in terms of aim reached.

He's ok as a person Farke,bit arrogant and stubborn given his patchy managerial record.

But doesn't come across as a total tit.
Likeable fella.

If we limp up then that will help our finances.

But remember we have all the loan dross to discard and they will get not much income for us.

JKA to pay out and all our other debt collectors.

What would we get for Bamford, Cooper, etc? Nothing.

We'll have little to spend, but it can still be done if you recruit wisely.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

pjm2019 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am I always have 3 weetabix
I’m not surprised tbh. It’s hard to quantify how much s**t is coming out of your arse or your mouth.
Banter 😁
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 pm Likeable fella.

If we limp up then that will help our finances.

But remember we have all the loan dross to discard and they will get not much income for us.

JKA to pay out and all our other debt collectors.

What would we get for Bamford, Cooper, etc? Nothing.

We'll have little to spend, but it can still be done if you recruit wisely.
As said before, if we go straight back down, but sort out our finances it wouldn't be the end of the world. Going down after spending £100m would be a financial disaster, as would staying in the Championship. How would we pay off JKA and the money owed?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm As said before, if we go straight back down, but sort out our finances it wouldn't be the end of the world. Going down after spending £100m would be a financial disaster, as would staying in the Championship. How would we pay off JKA and the money owed?
Rob a bank?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phild wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm Our squad depth is WAY WAY better than any other in this league both this season and arguably many previous seasons
Is it?

We rarely score from corner-kicks.

Our defence struggles to deal with corner kicks

We haven't got anyone who can produce a goal from a free-kick.

We rarely score goals from outside the box.

Headed goals are also a rarity.

A central midfield & two centre-backs who haven't scored a championship goal. (apart from Struijk/Cooper earlier in the season)

Our full-backs allow crosses to enter our box far too often.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm I think some on here think we need to have Man City 's squad to have a chance lol.

Gnonto, Summerville, Piroe, Rodon, Ampadu, Gruev, Kamara, Struijk, Rutter, Firpo, Gray, James, Anthony, Bamfraud Cresswell, Gelhardt, Roberts are all top players at this level.

The fanboys will try and paint it like our squad is on a par with Rotherham or something.
Why do you always seem to be in your element when LUFC are failing ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm Is it?

We rarely score from corner-kicks.

Our defence struggles to deal with corner kicks

We haven't got anyone who can produce a goal from a free-kick.

We rarely score goals from outside the box.

Headed goals are also a rarity.

A central midfield & two centre-backs who haven't scored a championship goal. (apart from Struijk/Cooper earlier in the season)

Our full-backs allow crosses to enter our box far too often.
Surely those are all coaching issues same as the midfield having 11 shots between them?

If we can't score or defend set pieces you look at the manager first.

Coincidentally set piece issues and Farke aren't new.

Nobody has conceded more goals than Norwich’s 37 in 18 games, with 11 of them (30 per cent) coming from set pieces — actually an improvement on the 37 per cent figure from their Championship title-winning success (21 out of 57) and in keeping with 38 set-piece concessions from 117 goals (32 per cent) in Daniel Farke’s two second-tier seasons with Norwich.

Stolen from an Athletic article.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pmtenor.gif
Oh Jesus, such humbleness.

You've never wanted DF from the start, you barely give him credit for anything at all.

You have been stamping your feet like the child you are since day 1 of DF's tenure, you point blank refuse to point out any positives but pounce on negatives, some which are made up from your tiny.

He has produced us to within an inch of automatic promotion, and in the main, entertained us along the way.

He has earned some respect, and the right to try and fix what he started.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm :) Keep flying the flag for realism Cjay, you're doing a great job of it :tup:

I'm still waiting for the apologists to conjure up some excuses for last night's s**t show :lol:
There aren't many excuses, it was a complete shitshow,

Why are you thriving on that ?

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm A sweaty challenging my grammar ?? The night goes from bad to worse.
Look again - I was commenting how geronimo would have spelled it. God how I hate ‘of’ instead of ‘have’. Hope you’re having a better night tonight, now we know we’re in the playoffs.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 pm Look again - I was commenting how geronimo would have spelled it. God how I hate ‘of’ instead of ‘have’. Hope you’re having a better night tonight, now we know we’re in the playoffs.
Is it not 'spelt it' ?

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 pm Is it not 'spelt it' ?
Yes he should of spelt it like that.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm There aren't many excuses, it was a complete shitshow,

Why are you thriving on that ?
Who said I'm thriving on it?

I was expecting our players and coach to turn up last night and neither did. Why's that?
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Anderson »

Going back to the betting you when bet365opened up QPR we’re a generous 11to2!we were a stingy 4to9 They trimmed Qprs odds to 9to2 probable when Bamford was ruled out
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm Yes he should of spelt it like that.
Is it not 'should have '?

;@)
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Anderson »

Going back to the betting you when bet365opened up QPR we’re a generous 11to2!we were a stingy 4to9 They trimmed Qprs odds to 9to2 probable when Bamford was ruled out 9to2was available with William Hill the match day
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm Is it not 'should have '?
Yeah. That’s the joke. He hates of when it should be have. Keep up 😁
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm Yes he should of spelt it like that.
Should've even ?

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm Oh Jesus, such humbleness.

You've never wanted DF from the start, you barely give him credit for anything at all.

You have been stamping your feet like the child you are since day 1 of DF's tenure, you point blank refuse to point out any positives but pounce on negatives, some which are made up from your tiny.

He has produced us to within an inch of automatic promotion, and in the main, entertained us along the way.

He has earned some respect, and the right to try and fix what he started.
Give credit when deserved.

When it isn't I don't.

He's been found massively lacking in the run in as a tactician and a coach.

You watched QPR game presumably?

That was pathetic from the players and him.

He got away with 1 vs Boro thanks to an offside goal then set up exactly the same way.

If and big if but if we are still 2nd vs Southampton he has 1 more chance to show he has learned lessons.

Last time vs Southampton he got it totally wrong.

If Coventry do us a favour he has another chance to show he can learn.

He hasn't shown that much this season.
Signed

King Cjay