The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 3rd April) Farke gets his excuses in early

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 3rd April) Farke gets his excuses in early

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Supersaint3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:38 pm Can I be a voice in saying, we have probably over achieved this season given the start we had and particularly what Farke started with? Playoffs we won't come up I feel... And it does feel that given the momentum up to the international break we should be going up top two and it is a disappointing season in that respect... But I want to advocate for Farke's work all the same... Anyway I'm just on the flight now, few pints of Guinness imbibed :D and I managed to score a ticket (albeit in the away end) in Dublin airport so the trip isn't a total loss! I'll at least be in the stadium with a big coat on me and keeping mum... Anyone know is it possible to get taken out of the away end and into the home fans once in ER?
Great news on the ticket Supersaint, I’d just show them your username on this site and you’ll be hailed a hero for infiltrating us. Word of warning though, I stood up in the Stretford End & cheered when Mark Verruca scored then got a few sneaky digs in the ribs when Solskjaer equalised years ago. Very hard to stay quiet in an away end. Enjoy your day.
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 3rd April) Farke gets his excuses in early

Post by Jaydog »

SuperSaint is a Leeds fan? At a game v Southampton.
In their end?
Bloody confusing.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:22 pm Great news on the ticket Supersaint, I’d just show them your username on this site and you’ll be hailed a hero for infiltrating us. Word of warning though, I stood up in the Stretford End & cheered when Mark Verruca scored then got a few sneaky digs in the ribs when Solskjaer equalised years ago. Very hard to stay quiet in an away end. Enjoy your day.
😂
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

GreennWhite wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:53 pm OR the Southampton thugs ( im sure they have a few ) will beat your head in and stamp you into the concrete. :)
You've spoiled the surprise there GW :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:12 pm Maybe this was because most teams worked out we are crap against a low block. Rocket science, it ain’t.
There's that and there's the worry that our league best forward line is undefendable any other way so teams plan to be more defensive to cope
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:34 pm SuperSaint is a Leeds fan? At a game v Southampton.
In their end?
Bloody confusing.
Probably goes with E&B
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:57 pm Probably goes with E&B
Who’s E&B?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:18 pm Who’s E&B?
Elland Back
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 pm There's that and there's the worry that our league best forward line is undefendable any other way so teams plan to be more defensive to cope
Barndoor Bamford & Row Z Rutter? James and Gnonto inconsistent and both prefer having lots of space.The only consistent threat has been Summerville with his cutting in and curling it in. Get enough bodies in and around the box and it fairly much negates that.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:53 pm Elland Back
Is he a closet Southampton fan as well
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:00 pm Is he a closet Southampton fan as well
He lives there ... jeez so much work for an off the cuff remark
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:01 pm He lives there ... jeez so much work for an off the cuff remark
Who lives there?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 pm Barndoor Bamford & Row Z Rutter? James and Gnonto inconsistent and both prefer having lots of space.The only consistent threat has been Summerville with his cutting in and curling it in. Get enough bodies in and around the box and it fairly much negates that.
I like a fair bit of space in fairness.
Is there actually a row Z. A specific seat where people say “oh mate I wouldn’t sit there. Rutters playing”.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Kieran McKenna even makes it onto the Northern Ireland News.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 am Kieran McKenna even makes it onto the Northern Ireland News.
Seen that, hope he’s on tonight again lamenting over their dramatic last day defeat to Huddersfield and Leeds thrashing of Southampton but looking forward to the playoffs.
Keeping The Faith
Supersaint3
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Supersaint3 »

White Riot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:40 pm You've spoiled the surprise there GW :)
All these replies very funny :roflmao:

I'm gonna have to take my chances and just keep shtum... Many years ago I also got into trouble at old trafford when I was with the scum fans and Rod Wallace banged one in and I leapt :-D
Leeds and St. Patricks Athletic FC!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:17 am It's not even the X factor. As White Riot said, we didn't need Jaidon Anthony. It was a strange loan signing. We gave Spence back and wasn't replaced.

We were pinning our hopes on no injuries and seeing out the season with the tank on empty - but why?
We got Jaidon Anthony because we lost Sinisterra. And at the same time, Gnonto was brooding. So we didn't know what we'd get from him. That made James and Summerville our two starting wingers. We did look like we needed back up at the time.

Having said that, Anthony has been a disappointment. Didn't get much of a chance. But we might as well have just kept Poveda for what we got out of Anthony.

It's interesting too that we've been thin on numbers many times this season. But we allowed people like Ayling, Poveda, Hjelde, Greenwood, Drameh, Gyabi, Bate to leave. All except Bate have proved to be capable championship players. Not sure why Farke didn't think he could use them.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:26 pm We got Jaidon Anthony because we lost Sinisterra. And at the same time, Gnonto was brooding. So we didn't know what we'd get from him. That made James and Summerville our two starting wingers. We did look like we needed back up at the time.

Having said that, Anthony has been a disappointment. Didn't get much of a chance. But we might as well have just kept Poveda for what we got out of Anthony.

It's interesting too that we've been thin on numbers many times this season. But we allowed people like Ayling, Poveda, Hjelde, Greenwood, Drameh, Gyabi, Bate to leave. All except Bate have proved to be capable championship players. Not sure why Farke didn't think he could use them.
Because Farke - like Bielsa - thinks he can go a season with the same 11 and flog them to death.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:26 pm We got Jaidon Anthony because we lost Sinisterra. And at the same time, Gnonto was brooding. So we didn't know what we'd get from him. That made James and Summerville our two starting wingers. We did look like we needed back up at the time.

Letting Poveda leave in January was a huge mistake in my opinion as he might have proved a very useful option when we were struggling with form and injuries.