Next Manager poll-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Who would you like

Daniel Farke
16%
Brendan Rodgers
33%
Graham Potter
14%
Carlos Corberan
8%
Steven Gerrard
No votes
Scott Parker
No votes
Kjetil Knutsen
8%
Diego Flores
No votes
Lee Bowyer
No votes
Jon Dahl Tomasson
3%
Jonathan Woodgate
No votes
Patrick Vieira
8%
Karl Robinson
No votes
Phillipe Clement
No votes
Ryan Lowe
2%
Michael Carrick
6%
Kieran McKenna
No votes
Regis Le Bris
No votes
Chris Wilder
No votes
Tony Mowbray
No votes
Fabian Hurzeler
No votes
Other (please state in comments)
2%

Total votes: 63

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Next Manager poll-

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 pm Lot of supposition to fit respective narratives.

Faaip makes a big issue about facts and then draws his own conclusions.

People’s opposing views will always rely on possibilities and try to to make them fit their narrative.

Furry woodland creature and Crazy Horse are clearly big fans of Hans Christian Andersen.

To put it scientifically it is bollcoks. We are all guilty of it - some just believe their own bollcoks and will argue that theirs are the biggest.

About the nest manager -it is anyones guess. I bet neither Bielsa or Gracia made any of the lists before they were appointed.

Out of what is on offer here Rodger’s is the one with the pedigree in my bollcoks opinion.
Ah sort of like in a court of law where you look at all the facts at hand and then try to come up with a verdict that suggests something did or didn't happen based on those facts. You don't know whether what has been suggested happened but you form your opinion based on what you do know has happened.

Others would call it making an educated guess. Much more preferable to someone having their own opinion, not based on any facts, but then try to pass it off as if it were factual.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Is it just me who really doesn't want Carlos Corberan?

I'd genuinely prefer Scott Parker, or Farke and really would rather neither of them

His style is awful to watch and his record isn't that great, it's comparable to Gary Rowett and nobody mentioned him (it's actually almost identical in every way actually, ppg is the same and goals scored and conceded is almost identical)

Convinced the only reason anyone wants him is the 12month Bielsa link and a misguided belief he would play BielsaBall

He won't.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From elsewhere The source who was spot on with takeover

Brendan Rodgers is the 49ers first choice but it remains to be seen if he is prepared to step down a division, even short term. In Leeds for an interview tomorrow, apparently. Let’s see what happens. He will be a tough sell. Other candidates at this point are Farke, Parker, Corberan and Gerrard. 

Bit of a drop off from Rodgers to the other 4
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:28 pm From elsewhere The source who was spot on with takeover

Brendan Rodgers is the 49ers first choice but it remains to be seen if he is prepared to step down a division, even short term. In Leeds for an interview tomorrow, apparently. Let’s see what happens. He will be a tough sell. Other candidates at this point are Farke, Parker, Corberan and Gerrard. 

What does “he will be a tough sell” mean? To the fans or to him to come here in the first place?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:32 pm What does “he will be a tough sell” mean? To the fans or to him to come here in the first place?
Convincing Rodgers to come here and drop down to the Championship.

Despite the Leicester issue I imagine his standing is still pretty high compared to the other 4

May feel he can just wait for the inevitable Premier league sackings in 6 months.

He isn't perfect Rodgers from what I've read but by a mile the most appealing on that underwhelming list.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:34 pm Convincing Rodgers to come here and drop down to the Championship.

Despite the Leicester issue I imagine his standing is still pretty high compared to the other 4

May feel he can just wait for the inevitable Premier league sackings in 6 months.
Well if he’s coming to Leeds for an interview then at the very least it’s piqued his interest.
And sure enough a couple of bookies have cut him from double figures to 6/1.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:46 pm Is it just me who really doesn't want Carlos Corberan?

I'd genuinely prefer Scott Parker, or Farke and really would rather neither of them

His style is awful to watch and his record isn't that great, it's comparable to Gary Rowett and nobody mentioned him (it's actually almost identical in every way actually, ppg is the same and goals scored and conceded is almost identical)

Convinced the only reason anyone wants him is the 12month Bielsa link and a misguided belief he would play BielsaBall

He won't.
No, you're not the only one for the reasons you've highlighted, Cjay

What has Corberan achieved? Farke is a far better option if we are going down that road.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:56 am Weasel, Bielsa instigated a fantastic style of football and made players better. I do question a few things but so be it. The question I have for you is “Why has no really big club ever considered Bielsa? They’ve preferred Ancellotti, Ranieri, Conte, Mourinho, et etc - never Bielsa??? Why? What do you and Kenny know that they don’t?
I think it's his choice not to go to them because he prefers a project, and a club with a traditional fan culture. Didn't he turn Barcelona down?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

There you go Aussie git, how do we know what jobs Bert actually turned down ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Jill Ellis, women's double World Cup winner. She's president of San Diego Wave Fútbol Club and would be the very first female manager in an all Male game - apart from the odd female lines lady. Can Leeds United persuade her to jump ship and repeat her success in the Championship. If she did indeed guide LUFC back to the PL would she be remembered as another legend?
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:38 pm Well if he’s coming to Leeds for an interview then at the very least it’s piqued his interest.
And sure enough a couple of bookies have cut him from double figures to 6/1.
Hopefully yes.

But also the item person doesn't think he will come.

Sad thing is the drop off from Rodgers to the rest.

But if the 49ers want to get on the good side of a suspicious fanbase this would be a good start
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:26 pm I think it's his choice not to go to them because he prefers a project, and a club with a traditional fan culture. Didn't he turn Barcelona down?
Might have done.

Might have turned down Real Madrid to.

Long time ago on both over a decade if at all for one and over 2 decades if at all for the other

These are all rumours though

Did turn down one of the Milan clubs over a decade ago can't remember which.

That was confirmed by someone high up at the club once.

I think tbh it's more he is a control freak in the sense that he wants his way (over even training ground building stuff).

You'd never ever get that at Real Madrid or Barcelona, not a chance. Far to big an organisation to give the control Bielsa would want.

For that reason I'm thinking he is unlikely to turn them down and more a mutual not gonna work is more likely.

He had Supporter's at Barca it's why they went for Tata Martino (whose basically his protégé)
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

David Healy
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:47 pm I think tbh it's more he is a control freak in the sense that he wants his way (over even training ground building stuff).

You'd never ever get that at Real Madrid or Barcelona, not a chance. Far to big an organisation to give the control Bielsa would want.

For that reason I'm thinking he is unlikely to turn them down and more a mutual not gonna work is more likely.
That's more or less what I meant by 'likes a project'. He's only going to go somewhere where he's fully supported in installing his vision throughout the club. If that isn't in place, or is misrepresented in some way, he walks.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:34 pm Convincing Rodgers to come here and drop down to the Championship.

He isn't perfect Rodgers from what I've read but by a mile the most appealing on that underwhelming list.
He's currently jobless so he isn't "dropping down" from anywhere.

What's he waiting 6 months for ? The inevitable vacancies @ Luton or Sheff Utd ?
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Thanks Sara and Weasel for your considered responses to a serious question. I see Kenny’s best effort was to just agree with you two and throw in an insult. To be expected I suppose.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Still Brendan for me.
There Is Only One United.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:28 pm From elsewhere The source who was spot on with takeover

If true that's great news. someone else mentioned the fact that he's coming is encouraging. I know he was on a packet at LC but i don't think Rogers no1 interest will be monetary, it will be ambition shown by the club in particularly on the field. Personally i think Rogers has enough stripes to attract good players to come and play for him at Leeds United.

I can't see him going back to Celtic, he's got nothing left to prove up there and i'm not even sure they could compete financially with us back in the Championship for a season or two. Fingers crossed stranger things have happened. It would be a massive lift for everybody associated with the club if they did pull it off.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

billysboots wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:55 am Still Brendan for me.
Media reports Rodgers in talks with Celtic.
ROKERITE
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ROKERITE »

BradWhite wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 am Media reports Rodgers in talks with Celtic.
I'll be surprised if he goes back there but feel it would be a lucky escape for Leeds United. Potter or Corberan would be my choice.