TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote: Yup - Thom is going to buy him out of his wages! :lol:
Hope he is not a bit player, we have plenty of them :?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Thom Kirwin has just tweeted that he expects at least one new signing, a midfielder, by Monday...
So along with Eddie Gray that'll be two midfielders in the commentary box or is Eddie being released?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

HarryofOz wrote: So along with Eddie Gray that'll be two midfielders in the commentary box or is Eddie being released?
He has been sacked for making lewd comments about Suzannah Bates.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dr.Leeds wrote: He has been sacked for making lewd comments about Suzannah Bates.

Is she a lineswoman ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Dr.Leeds wrote: He has been sacked for making lewd comments about Suzannah Bates.
:mrgreen:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

According to the commentator in the Celtic game tonight Rangers have pulled out of the race for Kris Commons leaving the door open for Celtic. Seems Rangers were not prepared to pay the £20K per week he is looking.

He would be a good buy for us imo.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
normangunston
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by normangunston »

Gino 1959 wrote:According to the commentator in the Celtic game tonight Rangers have pulled out of the race for Kris Commons leaving the door open for Celtic. Seems Rangers were not prepared to pay the £20K per week he is looking.

He would be a good buy for us imo.
A very good player but we've got Howson, Nunez, Johnson, Snodgrass, Watt who can all play that attacking central midfield position. We all know the holes Grayson needs to fill!
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

8:21 The Editor: Bit of news out of Elland Road and Leeds boss Simon Grayson says he is confident of adding to his squad before the transfer window closes. A dip into the loan market is also likely

Sky Sport Transfer Clockwatch this mornin.

IMO, the only thing we need to do this January is give Bradley Johnson the contract he deserves, we've done well enough this season with the squad we have, Nunez is practically a new signing having only made 2 apps this season. If it ain't broke then don't fix it
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Post by ldj90 »

rand3ll wrote:8:21 The Editor: Bit of news out of Elland Road and Leeds boss Simon Grayson says he is confident of adding to his squad before the transfer window closes. A dip into the loan market is also likely

Sky Sport Transfer Clockwatch this mornin.

IMO, the only thing we need to do this January is give Bradley Johnson the contract he deserves, we've done well enough this season with the squad we have, Nunez is practically a new signing having only made 2 apps this season. If it ain't broke then don't fix it
This! Have already said it on here! I would give a new deal to Killa too! However until that happens we still need another midfielder!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

We concede two goals just about every time we play - that is broke.
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

HarryofOz wrote:We concede two goals just about every time we play - that is broke.
That's down to silly defensive mistakes, it has nothing to do with needing new players.

IMO Schmeichel, Connolly, O'Brien, Bruce, McCartney are as good as any defence in the league

When Kisnorbo gets back we'll have Bromby, Collins, Kisnorbo and Parker as our cover defence, which isn't half bad.

The only addition we need this January is 90mins concentration, which I think has already been said.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

rand3ll wrote: That's down to silly defensive mistakes, it has nothing to do with needing new defenders.
We need new defenders who don't make silly mistakes...
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Sky Sports understand that us and Leicester are front runners for Michael Johnson
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by ldj90 »

rand3ll wrote:Sky Sports understand that us and Leicester are front runners for Michael Johnson
here's the link

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 46,00.html

not sure if he's the right guy but if city pay his wages i don't mind bringing him in. Bit of competition i guess!
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

ldj90 wrote: here's the link

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 46,00.html

not sure if he's the right guy but if city pay his wages i don't mind bringing him in. Bit of competition i guess!
More of an attacking middy though? I know this Johnson lad is a leeds supporter - if we go for him we will probably get him.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by ldj90 »

Emsley wrote: More of an attacking middy though? I know this Johnson lad is a leeds supporter - if we go for him we will probably get him.
That's what i thought but if he isn't going to cost us anything then i wouldn't say no
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Kris Commons opens his account for Celtic after 6 minutes - I wish we had gone for him :cry:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:Kris Commons opens his account for Celtic after 6 minutes - I wish we had gone for him :cry:
Cost Celtic £500,000, there's your answer Gino

Unconvinced he is the sort of player we need though
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: Cost Celtic £500,000, there's your answer Gino

Unconvinced he is the sort of player we need though
Bargain at that price! Celtic played him wide and he fitted in really well. Hooper and Stokes were potent up front and - before anyone says it was only Aberdeen - you have to beat what is put in front of you.

I assume that Bates just does not want to pay a transfer fee of any sorts for any player?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote: Bargain at that price! Celtic played him wide and he fitted in really well. Hooper and Stokes were potent up front and - before anyone says it was only Aberdeen - you have to beat what is put in front of you.

I assume that Bates just does not want to pay a transfer fee of any sorts for any player?
Spent 250,000 on McCormack & around 200,000 for the inept Collins. Would have been far better spending those fee's on one quality midfielder but what do i know :?: