The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th December) Alarming statistic Leeds won't want to replicate this season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th December) Alarming statistic Leeds won't want to replicate this season

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:05 am Bielsa's first season in probably the most demanding league he's managed in.
Poor summer transfer window
Lack of an inspired signing in January.
Dodgy defence.
No 25 a season goalscorer.
Fillers on the bench.
Lack of quality.
Lack of togetherness.
Fatigue.
Naivety.

All conspired against us !
Thank goodness we have Alioski eh?

Alioski

Gianni Alioski....
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th December) Alarming statistic Leeds won't want to replicate this season

Post by rab_rant »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:45 pm Thank goodness we have Alioski eh?
Alioski... Gianni Alioski....
Perfect positive antidote :tup: :clap:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

During Leeds pre season tour in Australia, some Leeds players were expressing their concerns about burnout to Ex White Michael Bridges.

This is what Bridges said in the paper

“The other thing Leeds struggled with last year (as well as the injury to Kemar Roofe)… I was speaking to a few of players, (including) Liam Cooper the captain… they just felt after Christmas they’d almost run out of energy, the way they’d been playing football,” Bridges said.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Quote from Bamford

Patrick Bamford claimed earlier this season that the side are fitter than they were this time last season. However, the way Leeds play is so intense, that burnout is inevitable.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Roofe on Bielsa and he would disagree with Bamford

Roofe pointed to stats proving that Leeds didn't die off as people said, and Bielsa actually increased their workload and 'blew theories out of the water' about fitness, with Roofe learning more about his body than ever before.

“People thought we'd die off but our stats showed we didn't,” said Roofe. “Our training load didn't die off, either. If anything, he upped it through the season. You're told you'll get fatigue and you can only do a certain amount of kilometres during the week before a game, but he blew those theories out of the water.”

“His style was to play quick, attacking, aggressive, front-foot, positive football — perfect for me — and I learned the body can do so much more than you believe,” he added.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chances created from open play

Leeds 195
F'ham 167
B'ford 157
Barns 147
Swans 143
Hull 142
Cardiff 141
Sheff W 141
Reading 137
QPR 136
Forest 130
B'burn 126
Derby 126
B'ham 124
Boro 119
Brist C 119
Stoke 113
H'field 113
Charlton103
Luton 100
PNE 100
Wigan 94
Millwall 91
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I think I would rather have a team that has the mentality of being invincible
rather that listen to Whealan or Mills who tell them they are going to burnout.
You become what is instilled into you.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Whelan and Mills need to keep up their appearances to remain relevant so they jump on every little bit of hearsay to do so. I'm not saying everything they say is pure fabrication but it doesn't take much tweaking of a few key words to cloud the truth.

I don't treat 'I'm hearing whispers' or 'the word is' as fact and neither should anyone else. I've still seen no credible proven sources for the Nketiah recall talk.