Sam Byram poll

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Sam Byram poll

Keep
72%
Sell/Move on
28%
Loan
No votes

Total votes: 36

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Sam Byram poll

Post by lufc1304 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:25 pm He couldn't play 2 games in a week. But very useful as back up. Very capable when called on to start games. And the kind of senior head we need with such a young dressing room.
Absolutely, AJS, I think we wanted for a bit of experience, a few old grizzled campaigners, during the run-in. I'm hoping we add some experienced quality this summer, without closing the door on the youth.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sam Byram poll

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:29 pm Absolutely, AJS, I think we wanted for a bit of experience, a few old grizzled campaigners, during the run-in. I'm hoping we add some experienced quality this summer, without closing the door on the youth.
Our leadership group had a strange look last season.

Cooper and Ayling were our leaders. And neither was good enough to play. Bamford to a lesser extent. But hard to impose himself when he's struggling for form and fitness.

Ampadu and Rodon were the clear leaders on the field. But both in their young 20s. And both knowing that the likes of Coops and Ayling were still in charge.

With Byram you've got someone with plenty of experience, has done it before, and has strong connections to the club. He's a capable starter and understands that, given his own fitness, he won't be first choice.

Like you, I'd be happy with a couple more experienced championship players.