Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Kiko Casilla

Post by BGwhite »

Well said cjay. Totally agree.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kiko Casilla Charged by the FA and appealing

Post by SG90 »

They will probably announce it one hour before kick off knowing the EFL. :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

They.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a footballer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:10 pm

What a footballer
So so calm.

He would have got slaughtered for that if it had gone wrong even though it would have been Ayling's fault for playing a short back pass.

Put Kiko in the Phillips role tomorrow :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by 1964white »

Kiko Casilla now has an 81.8% save percentage this season (saves to shots on-target faced), only Nottingham Forest's Brice Samba can better that with 82.1%).

Today was his 12th clean sheet in 22 appearances for Leeds this season. 🙌
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 am Kiko Casilla now has an 81.8% save percentage this season (saves to shots on-target faced), only Nottingham Forest's Brice Samba can better that with 82.1%).

Today was his 12th clean sheet in 22 appearances for Leeds this season. 🙌
A tricky stat to really do comparisons with as a pea roller from 30 yards is a shot saved just the same as the point blank save Kiko made yesterday. Obviously the higher the % the better but one of Kiko's main attributes is that because he reads the game he often comes out to clear the danger before the striker gets to the ball and as such he will have made a clearance rather than having to make a save (if he'd stayed on his line the striker gets to the ball first and has a shot).
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Would have been much different had Udders not missed so many good chances . Thought Kiko had a great 1st half but very poor 2nd half, I think he was blaming the sun in his eyes at one point.

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 am Would have been much different had Udders not missed so many good chances . Thought Kiko had a great 1st half but very poor 2nd half, I think he was blaming the sun in his eyes at one point.

he made a superb second half save at a very crucial time ! agree , he was possibly rooted to the spot on one or two occasions !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Has anyone ever gone from being the pantomime villain (in some fans eyes) to being one of the most popular players so fast?

7 months ago some fans would have carried Kiko on their backs back to Madrid.

Now those same fans would chain themselves to the FA headquarters to protest if they ban him.

2 world class saves in the last 2 games, his reading of the game is definitely not 2nd division level, his distribution isnt 2nd division level, he is as vital to this side as Ben White, KP, Paddy, Pablo, anyone.

You dont get the reputation he had in Spain if you are a mug.

He apparently went to Victor the day after (i think it was) the Derby playoff 2nd leg and said he wanted to stay. . . . How lucky are we that he did.

Love Kiko :love:
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Spot on cjay. The problem was we couldn't see what he brought to us apart from mayhem but now he's settled down and the understanding with the defenders is there he looks confident and assured . He'll be missed massively WHEN he gets banned.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kiko made an error today but he has pulled off some great saves recently so easily forgiven.

I actually think that Kiko is the leader at the back, he is the one who gives the defence confidence.

We dont have a real leader in defence so when Kiko makes a mistake it radiates to the rest of them.

Nobody took charge for goals 2 or 3, poor defending.

If Kiko isnt at fault for the 1st goal i think we dont concede the other 2, knock on effect imo, Kiko is far more important to us then he gets credit for i think.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

My last post put the kybosh on him today so 'no comment'

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not even going to consider blaming Kiko, he came, made contact and it went where no footballer could reasonably expect to score from.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Sorry for me kiko is a big cause of this result. Absolutely crazy going that far out. He does it at least once a game! Insane. Yeah he's had a good season but only because half because he's covered by the defence so well. Best keeper in the league my ass!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

One horrible stat.

Leeds have now conceded from the first shot on target in five of the last six games and a total of 10 times this season.

Especially since Forshaw disappeared and the defence lost some of its protection Kiko Casilla has been shown up.

Is there a mental side to this with the FA case hanging over his head?
But look back at many of the goals he has conceded, or the anarchy he has caused, in so many cases his punching ( up instead of out), his positioning, his decisions (parry instead of catch, sometimes back into the area in front of him , going with his feet instead of his hands, getting lost coming for crosses) have all cost us points. At times he reacts as if the ball is a hot potato.

Now it isn't all bad, for those who like a sweeper keeper he fills that role, he has pulled off some cracking saves there is no doubt.

Cardiff. flapping
Charlton .I am still confused at what he was trying to do!!
Brum. Dont get me started
WBA .punches it straight up ( again)
Preston at home, flat footed
Today, tries to stop a shot at his near post with his feet. Speculative shot at best. Get your body behind the ball!!!

Him and Bamford will cost us promotion at this rate.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

How can it be taking so long to decide whether he said something or not?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Upto and including Charlton Kiko had conceded 5 goals in 9 league games.

0.55 per game.

Since then it has gone up, nearly doubled, 1 per game.

Tbf to him being potentially branded a racist for life is likely on his mind, wouldnt be human otherwise.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Woeful defending not only from Casilla but the lethargic Cooper & the caught out of position Alioski once again

Those two plus Ben White in the middle & Casilla at his near post with not another Owls player even close to our box and we still fail to block out Murphy & allow him to shoot, in turn Kiko allows the shot to go passed him from an acute angle.

The Owls second goal was also a defensive shambles!

Two shots two goals

How many Kevin Sinfield's did we muster today :roll: :oops:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What's a Kevin Sinfield ...never heard of him.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"