Stuart Dallas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Stuart Dallas

Post by Jaydog »

Could do with a couple of him right now.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:29 pm I hear SD will be on the pitch Saturday at HT to say thanks and farewell, I won't have an HT pint, instead I'll stand and thank Stuart for his services.
I also understand the club are in talks with him to continue in some form behind the scenes.
I'll behave like a wimp & cry :verysad:
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Gosh 8 goals in a premier league season that’s some going for a player I always thought was the definition of bang average before Bielsa arrived - From a player perspective he epitomised everything about those 3 seasons where we were so much more than the sum of our parts (god i loved that team!) I’m so pleased for him that he saw out his career with such great memories to take with him.

Few Brentford fans still upset with him, something to do with a promotion video but I don’t recall - give me an excuse to watch take us home again.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

WhiteRose wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:42 pm Gosh 8 goals in a premier league season that’s some going for a player I always thought was the definition of bang average before Bielsa arrived - From a player perspective he epitomised everything about those 3 seasons where we were so much more than the sum of our parts (god i loved that team!) I’m so pleased for him that he saw out his career with such great memories to take with him.

Few Brentford fans still upset with him, something to do with a promotion video but I don’t recall - give me an excuse to watch take us home again.
Wasn’t it Stuart and Cooper singing that ‘Mind The Gap’ song to Thomas Frank.

All a bit silly really.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Sad but I suppose inevitable news, definitely one of my favourite players of the last few years.....always gave his best in whatever position he played....Good luck to him in whatever role he takes up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Stuart's finest day in the Premier League.

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:36 pm Stuart's finest day in the Premier League.

Saves bamfrauds blushes again :roll:
Also cooper got a straight r@d when all he did was go in hard, then fernando for them gets let off with hacking down rapha !!!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:52 pm Saves bamfrauds blushes again :roll:
Also cooper got a straight r@d when all he did was go in hard, then fernando for them gets let off with hacking down rapha !!!
Raphinha missed our next three matches against Liverpool, Scum & ??, after that reckless tackle.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Sad news but it doesn't come as a complete shock. It's very rare for a professional footballer to be out of action for 2 whole years and be able to make a comeback, certainly not at the same level.
A great club servant who was very much part of the Bielsa team who played some breathtaking football at times.
His two goals at the Etihad will live long in the memory.
I'm sure the fans will give him the tribute he deserves on Saturday.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:36 pm Stuart's finest day in the Premier League.

Tony Dorigo screaming like a banshee when Stuey scores the winner never fails to make me laugh 😂
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

White Riot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:37 pm Beautiful letter from Stuey, I had a few tears for him reading that :cry:

What a great professional footballer and human being.

I still remember the night that he single-handedly almost got us through that play off match against Derby. What a trier and a determined character. He really did believe he could conjure a win up all on his own. I'm forever grateful for that gutsy and proud performance by Stuey, he was incredible that night :love:

The two goals that got us the win at City were also brilliant and filled all of us with pride.

Another chapter closes, but I'll always be grateful for Stuey's effort and dedication.

What a gentleman :clap:
Wow, big lump in the throat reading that. What a player and what a gentleman, had the privilege to meet him a couple of times and will always treasure my shirt he signed but the highlight for me has to be following Northern Ireland in France 2016. Stuarty epitomised the phrase “ side before self every time “ playing to the best of his ability no matter where he was asked to play. Hopefully Leeds United will find a way to keep him involved in the club, the very least he deserves.
Keeping The Faith
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Perhaps someone, more technical than me, could put up the tweet the club have put out when Stuart addresses the squad 😢😢😢
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:52 pm Perhaps someone, more technical than me, could put up the tweet the club have put out when Stuart addresses the squad 😢😢😢
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Still better than bamford whist out injured.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

In Farke we trust...
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:26 pm Raphinha missed our next three matches against Liverpool, Scum & ??, after that reckless tackle.
Rapinha was spectacular today against Paris St. Germane. Two wonderful goals.

I found the 2 videos up today - one from Stuart himself and one from chairman Marathe - very heartening.
In this footballing world of sometimes shallowness, it's wonderful to have pro's expressing gratitude and thanks for his career.
Made me proud to be a Leeds fan.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 pm
Thanks for posting cjay :tup:
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 pm Wow, big lump in the throat reading that. What a player and what a gentleman, had the privilege to meet him a couple of times and will always treasure my shirt he signed but the highlight for me has to be following Northern Ireland in France 2016. Stuarty epitomised the phrase “ side before self every time “ playing to the best of his ability no matter where he was asked to play. Hopefully Leeds United will find a way to keep him involved in the club, the very least he deserves.
Well said gents :tup:
He did say he will staying in Leeds - wife and kids love the city a d kids support LUFC!!!

I would hope to see him mentored as a coach, do his certification - maybe take over the U21's.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

IMG_1865.jpeg
Keeping The Faith