Rate the Window

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Rate the Window

Post by weasel »

Madron wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:36 am The lintel doesn't look right- not supported by any brickwork by the look of it- looks odd.
Well spotted. I would suggest that that window is similar to last season's summer window in which it initially looked good but ended up simply collapsing as it had no real strength to it and was poorly planned.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Given it some thought.

I've gone for a 6.5.

I think some of our new players will be quality additions.

Ampadu, Piroe, Spence, Rodon

I am cautiously optimistic on the others but will reserve judgement until we see them more.

Byram, Gruev, Kamara, Darlow, Anthony.

Pleased we managed to keep Summerville and Gnonto and the new owners deserve credit for that.

But whilst maybe the 49ers weren't solely responsible for the loan saga I don't believe they weren't aware (it would be negligence on their part and I think they would have sued Radz if they truly didn't know).

They waited far far to long and allowed games to pass us by with a squad barely fit for league 1.

The Sinisterra saga should have been sorted earlier and ultimately losing your best player on loan on the last day is poor poor poor and it clearly didnt catch the owners by surprise.

And finally almost everyone on here highlighted left back and a proper number 10 as 2 priorities this summer all summer (and on other Leeds forums as well).

To not get both positions (and the lack of a 10 couldn't be highlighted better than yesterday) is very disappointing.

So 6.5 for me which in my scoring system is a fraction above average.

The potential for it to rise will depend on how the signings do.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Duncanmckenzie
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Duncanmckenzie »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:25 pm Given it some thought.

I've gone for a 6.5.

I am cautiously optimistic on the others but will reserve judgement until we see them more.

Pleased we managed to keep Summerville and Gnonto and the new owners deserve credit for that.

But whilst maybe the 49ers weren't solely responsible for the loan saga I don't believe they weren't aware (it would be negligence on their part and I think they would have sued Radz if they truly didn't know).

They waited far far to long and allowed games to pass us by with a squad barely fit for league 1.

The Sinisterra saga should have been sorted earlier and ultimately losing your best player on loan on the last day is poor poor poor and it clearly didnt catch the owners by surprise.

And finally almost everyone on here highlighted left back and a proper number 10 as 2 priorities this summer all summer (and on other Leeds forums as well).

To not get both positions (and the lack of a 10 couldn't be highlighted better than yesterday) is very disappointing.

Have to agree with ur degree of caution. Net spend was only £4 million I expected better. Personally I think it will be a micracle of Bielsa proportions to get us promoted with this squad and Farke is no Bielsa
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:25 pm Given it some thought.

I've gone for a 6.5.

Personally, I believe what they would have desired to recruit is not necessarily what they ended up recruiting.

restrictions on available players and financing may have meant prioritising incomings. Which we all know was an ever changing picture based on outgoings.

They went after and submitted bids on at least two targeted attacking midfielders in Amiri and the lad at Celtic - Riley ?

You are right that the success of the window can only be truly judged on how the team performs on the pitch and the impact of the players recruited. In terms of the quality of incomings there is a very strong sense of optimism.