Player Ratings v Leicester City

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Leicester City

Post by 1964white »

Higgs - 8
Connolly - 7
Bruce - 6
Collins - 6
Bessone - 5
Gradel - 7
Killa - 6
Howson - 7
Johnson - 5
Becchio - 5
Somma - 7

subs; Watt - 6 Hughes - 5
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Re: Player Ratings v Leicester City

Post by joelufc20 »

I'd agree with that fair assessment hopefully bessone got on the Leicester bus with paulo sousa
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
1964white

Post by 1964white »

joelufc20 wrote:I'd agree with that fair assessment hopefully bessone got on the Leicester bus with paulo sousa
:-D :-D

Good to see you Joe
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Overall I didnt think we played too badly, should have taken advantage more when we were well on top in the first half and two bad mistakes lead to their goals.

Higgs - 8 - Couple of really good saves, distributions not as good as Kasper but you cant have everything.
Connolly - 7 - I was initally harsh but he's improved every game, had to cover for Max a bit too much in the first half.
Bruce - 6 - Not really sure what he did to be honest, no f**k ups but nothing stood out for me.
Collins - 5.5 - Dont know why he felt the sudden urge to handle the ball, up until that point had been ok.
Bessone - 4 - He's useless, doesn't devend, doesnt put the ball in the box, can someone tell me what he does do?
Gradel - 7 - Thought he tried to hard initally, left Connolly a bit stranded occasionally. Great ball in for the goal.
Killa - 6 - Put a shift in but sat a bit too deep for me, especially considering we were playing 4-4-2.
Howson - 7 - Despite what those who listened 'on-line' say I thought he played well.
Johnson - 5 - Great assist, shame it was for the opposition. Not a wide player but hasnt impressed centrally either.
Becchio - 6 - Not his best game, worked hard but not a lot came off and missed a good chance.
Somma - 7 - Did ok, good header for the ball and held the ball up well.

Subs;
Watt - 7 - Did ok when he came on, couple of nice cross-field balls and runs.
Hughes - 5 - Brought on to secure central midfield, think Howson had been doing a better job to be honest.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Its interesting that the same two players seem to be the weak links after each game......Bessone and BJ.

I think we have to give Bessone a few more games as by all accounts he handled the Championship fine with Swansea last season.......diff story for BJ I am afraid. he has never played at this level and I personally dont think he has the talent for this standard of football. I think once the injuries/suspensions, new players are are sorted, he will have to be content for a place on the bench !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

On the way to the game yesterday someone said to me 'Theres a talented footballer somewhere inside Bradley Johnson, it's just not connected to his brain".
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

He can score goals, we saw it at the beginning of last season.. and he seriously heads the ball as well as anyone ive seen.. the way he times his jump, he almost ALWAYS gets to the ball first.

I agree that there is a good player in him.. dont forget that he was really only a bit-part player in the second half of last season... the midfield was Howson, Kilkenny, Doyle, and Snoddy... and then Max or Watt would come off the bench. In the first half of the season he was close to our best player. Go and watch the highlights DVD and tell who's name you hear more than anyone else (except perhaps Beckford)..

Im not sure that he's worthy of a starting spot, and would still like to see an experienced guy brought in to play with Kilkenny and Howson.. but i wouldnt discard BJ just yet.
Side Before Self, Every Time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote: On the way to the game yesterday someone said to me 'Theres a talented footballer somewhere inside Bradley Johnson, it's just not connected to his brain".
:-D :-D

What brain :shock:

BJ is a big strong powerful lad but to me he is League One player, he is another one who thinks he is better than he is.
He is a useful weapon down the left when Kasper/Higgs launch the ball in his direction & he can use his strength & heading ability then, as a central midfield player no way as you said he isn't clever enough to play that position

Grayson rates him but i think Larry had a brain seizure with his substitutions last night, he takes Howson off & brings on Hughes to replace him, what was that all about Hughes has hardly played in a midfield role for two years.

Larry should have taken off Roberto Carlos off pushed BJ back to LB & brought White on to give us width & pace on both flanks. Really missed Sam & Watt (who came on 2nd half) from the start tbh

I'd take that loss for 3 points at Watford on Saturday
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Overall I didnt think we played too badly, should have taken advantage more when we were well on top in the first half and two bad mistakes lead to their goals.

Higgs - 8 - Couple of really good saves, distributions not as good as Kasper but you cant have everything.
Connolly - 7 - I was initally harsh but he's improved every game, had to cover for Max a bit too much in the first half.
Bruce - 6 - Not really sure what he did to be honest, no flipp ups but nothing stood out for me.
Collins - 5.5 - Dont know why he felt the sudden urge to handle the ball, up until that point had been ok.
Bessone - 4 - He's useless, doesn't devend, doesnt put the ball in the box, can someone tell me what he does do?
Gradel - 7 - Thought he tried to hard initally, left Connolly a bit stranded occasionally. Great ball in for the goal.
Killa - 6 - Put a shift in but sat a bit too deep for me, especially considering we were playing 4-4-2.
Howson - 7 - Despite what those who listened 'on-line' say I thought he played well.
Johnson - 5 - Great assist, shame it was for the opposition. Not a wide player but hasnt impressed centrally either.
Becchio - 6 - Not his best game, worked hard but not a lot came off and missed a good chance.
Somma - 7 - Did ok, good header for the ball and held the ball up well.

Subs;
Watt - 7 - Did ok when he came on, couple of nice cross-field balls and runs.
Hughes - 5 - Brought on to secure central midfield, think Howson had been doing a better job to be honest.
Your ratings for your first eleven are uncanningly similar to mine Shieldsy, apart from i gave Bessone a generous 5
may change it as the day goes on, he is useless. Whoever scouted him needs shooting :shoot:

Hope you are feeling better today :!:
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

I think BJ should play left back, because at the min he cant put in a decent shift due too Bessone being shite
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
wakey^white
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wakey^white »

BJ as a great target from higgs' and schmeichels kicks? WTF
we never prosper from the occasional header he wins....and i mean occasional
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

wakey^white wrote:BJ as a great target from higgs' and schmeichels kicks? WTF
we never prosper from the occasional header he wins....and i mean occasional
Havent seen him miss a header yet in the three matches ive seen this season, Wakey..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Silky wrote:He can score goals, we saw it at the beginning of last season.. and he seriously heads the ball as well as anyone ive seen.. the way he times his jump, he almost ALWAYS gets to the ball first.

I agree that there is a good player in him.. dont forget that he was really only a bit-part player in the second half of last season... the midfield was Howson, Kilkenny, Doyle, and Snoddy... and then Max or Watt would come off the bench. In the first half of the season he was close to our best player. Go and watch the highlights DVD and tell who's name you hear more than anyone else (except perhaps Beckford)..

Im not sure that he's worthy of a starting spot, and would still like to see an experienced guy brought in to play with Kilkenny and Howson.. but i wouldnt discard BJ just yet.
He had a good period at the beginning of last season, how many has he scored since last October :?:

With BJ thesedays his attitude is shoot from anywhere, has to hit the target at sometime - 11 shots & counting :!:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Silky wrote: Havent seen him miss a header yet in the three matches ive seen this season, Wakey..
He's missed a few this year, also put a few very good chances wide. We hardly ever do anything from those goal kicks out to Johnson though, or the kick off where we hoof it up the left wing and hope he gets his head on it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote: He's missed a few this year, also put a few very good chances wide. We hardly ever do anything from those goal kicks out to Johnson though, or the kick off where we hoof it up the left wing and hope he gets his head on it.
And we still persevere with the same predictable tactics :x
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

1964white wrote: He had a good period at the beginning of last season, how many has he scored since last October :?:

With BJ thesedays his attitude is shoot from anywhere, has to hit the target at sometime - 11 shots & counting :!:
Point im making is that he's young, and he's never played at this level, and he's shown in the past he can contribute positively to the team.. he got injured right when he started to look good last season, and when he was fit again Kilkenny had come in to the team, Gradel and Ephraim were about, and then we got Watt in... so he hasnt had a long run in the side for a while..

Im not defending him.. he has been poor this season... But like i said, i just wouldnt go slagging him off too much just yet.. I think once one of those shots comes off and lands in the back of the net, he could be away again..
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

Shields53 wrote: He's missed a few this year, also put a few very good chances wide. We hardly ever do anything from those goal kicks out to Johnson though, or the kick off where we hoof it up the left wing and hope he gets his head on it.
You can bet your arse that kasper would be hoofing the ball whether Johnson played or not, so we're lucky we've got someone that can win the headers.. :lol:

For all his crapness.. he does get through a bit of work..
wakey^white
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wakey^white »

i havent seen him win too many silky. i must be watching a different game.
i respect your opinion silky but with so many bradley johnson is sh1t topics across the lufc boards i think it's fair to say the general opinion is he aint good enough. good for the squad maybe but not the first on the team sheet every week.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

wakey^white wrote:i havent seen him win too many silky. i must be watching a different game.
i respect your opinion silky but with so many bradley johnson is sh1t topics across the lufc boards i think it's fair to say the general opinion is he aint good enough. good for the squad maybe but not the first on the team sheet every week.
Spot on :!:
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

1964white wrote: Spot on :!:
I said he's been s**t.. not disagreeing with you there. But i just dont think 3 games is long enough to write him off. He's shown he knows where the goal is in the past, and really it's only since the start of this season that he's come back in to the side consistently

I just think he's a trier.. and he doesnt deserve to be slagged off. Unlike someone like Kilkenny, who really doesnt try very hard at all, but due to his supposed 'talent' most people carry on like the sun shines out his arse.

Aussies love a trier :lol: