George Martin

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

George Martin

Post by 1964white »

A genius & known as the 5th Beatle

RIP

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... Duh4tOYAMA
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: George Martin

Post by 1964white »

I forgot there are not many fans of the Beatles on here who are one of the great influential icons of popular/rock music

George & the Fab 4 wrote/produced 100's of great legendary songs of all-time, 50 years on their music lives on & will be the case forever more !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

RIP...We do still have the greatest Beatle of all...Ringo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1IxAfPQaEVA
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

:( :( :(
Dimboyslim
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dimboyslim »

An absolute legend, the 'fifth' Beatle. Many others could try and claim the title, but he was.
The Beatles would not have sounded the way they did without George Martin.
His musicality was an essential tool for the Beatles in the studio, it was often his suggestions that made an average song into a great. For instance 'Yesterday' was supposed to be Paul McCartney solo with guitar, George suggested putting a string quartet onto the track which lifted it to a different level.
Only once did the Beatles not use George Martin as their producer, the result was a disaster. The 'Let It Be' sessions were produced by Phil Spector. George Martin said they were 'over produced' by Spector and he was right.
Try listening to' Let It Be.... Naked' the remixed version, it is far better & how it should have sounded.

RIP George Martin, legendary producer, musical pioneer, a gentleman and the fifth Beatle.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

It is sad when anyone dies, but if you have lived a life 'well lived', then it becomes a case that the person should be celebrated, rather than mourned.

Although I am on record as not being a fan of the Beatles, there is no doubt of their pervading influence, much of which can be laid at the door of their producer. A life well lived, and a man respected by all.

It is, however, a manifestation of the world in which we live that when I heard the news that George Martin had passed, my first thought was 'Crap, now we'll never find out how Game of Thrones finishes...'
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

barryanorak wrote:It is sad when anyone dies, but if you have lived a life 'well lived', then it becomes a case that the person should be celebrated, rather than mourned.

Although I am on record as not being a fan of the Beatles, there is no doubt of their pervading influence, much of which can be laid at the door of their producer. A life well lived, and a man respected by all.

It is, however, a manifestation of the world in which we live that when I heard the news that George Martin had passed, my first thought was 'Crap, now we'll never find out how Game of Thrones finishes...'
:roflmao:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Martin took a chance on the Beatles when every other record label (including, famously, Decca) turned them down. The rest is history, as they say. Together, they changed the musical landscape, particularly with Sgt Pepper where they showed their peers (a gob-smacked Pete Townshend amonst them) just what is was possible to do in a studio. As Dimboy says, he made what would have been a great band truly exceptional
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson