Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Other fans forum opinions

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:54 am Chapel, please lets not start that confrontation again for all our sake mate.
64 - really no more inflammatory than Chilli saying ' And you think people on this forum over react' ...Chilli's comment was fine, and mine was too really.

One poster on here recently labelled a post which I had just made as ' long winded ' and ' pseudo intellectual. He was clearly looking to get a response from me. I didn't respond, as despite provocation I wanted to keep the peace, and I noticed that no mod took issue with his comments either, which seemed odd at the time. It now seems even odder after your comment 64.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:14 am 64 - really no more inflammatory than Chilli saying ' And you think people on this forum over react' ...Chilli's comment was fine, and mine was too really.

One poster on here recently labelled a post which I had just made as ' long winded ' and ' pseudo intellectual. He was clearly looking to get a response from me. I didn't respond, as despite provocation I wanted to keep the peace, and I noticed that no mod took issue with his comments either, which seemed odd at the time. It now seems even odder after your comment 64.
Chilli was referring to the Leicester fans mate but you do make a good point

Many of us overreact including myself, members on here often put me in my place especially when I become controversial. Generally I find it's best to bite your lip as small talk comments can escalate into something ugly.

All I'm asking is for you, I & everybody else on here to remain calm & respectful.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:35 am Chilli was referring to the Leicester fans mate but you do make a good point

Many of us overreact including myself, members on here often put me in my place especially when I become controversial. Generally I find it's best to bite your lip as small talk comments can escalate into something ugly.

All I'm asking is for you, I & everybody else on here to remain calm & respectful.
Fair enough 64, I did bite my lip and kept quiet after the ' long winded ' and ' pseudo intellectual'comment from someone, as I noticed you did when he made the comment to you ' FFS, grow up man. '
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:38 am Fair enough 64, I did bite my lip and kept quiet after the ' long winded ' and ' pseudo intellectual'comment from someone, as I noticed you did when he made the comment to you ' FFS, grow up man. '
Good man, for the best Chapel :tup:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:35 am Chilli was referring to the Leicester fans mate but you do make a good point

Yes I was only referring to how over the top some of the comments from the Leicester fans were on their forum. I do agree with them that they are much weaker without Vardy though.
The comments on here are mild in comparison.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:58 am Good man, for the best Chapel :tup:
:tup:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:26 am Yes I was only referring to how over the top some of the comments from the Leicester fans were on their forum. I do agree with them that they are much weaker without Vardy though.
There you go Chilli - we are a pretty moderate lot on here after all. It's good to get a sense of perspective reading forum sites for other clubs.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

With the way they’re talking about that loss, you’d think we were relegation fodder!

From a neutral’s point of view we are a decent side! I agree that if they want top 4 then they should probably be beating teams like us but I’d hardly think losing to Leeds should be described as ‘embarrassing’
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:04 am Foxes fans mood has changed after their defeat against us
Would hope so.

In the build up you would think they were Barcelona.

A trophy winning machine used to dispatching all before them for many decades

Not a side whose barely finished above 6th in their history in the top league and aside from 1 exceptional title win are generally midtable table or relegation fodder.

Was astounded by the arrogance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:27 pm Would hope so.

In the build up you would think they were Barcelona.

A trophy winning machine used to dispatching all before them for many decades

Not a side whose barely finished above 6th in their history in the top league and aside from 1 exceptional title win are generally midtable table or relegation fodder.

Was astounded by the arrogance.
Could be an East Midlands thing, Forest and Derby fans are the same
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:34 pm Could be an East Midlands thing, Forest and Derby fans are the same
Good point

Maybe its something in the water.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:04 am Foxes fans mood has changed after their defeat against us
I visited a couple of their forums both before and after the game.

Lots of arrogance and the usual anti Leeds rhetoric there.

Many hating the fact that Bielsa is liked, in fact during the game there was much vitriol directed his way.

Glad now they feel do humiliated by our win.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:26 am Yes I was only referring to how over the top some of the comments from the Leicester fans were on their forum. I do agree with them that they are much weaker without Vardy though.
The comments on here are a walk in the park compared to other Leeds sites let alone other fan sites mate, anyone that gets upset on here then forum's aren't for you.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:02 pm I visited a couple of their forums both before and after the game.

Lots of arrogance and the usual anti Leeds rhetoric there.

Many hating the fact that Bielsa is liked, in fact during the game there was much vitriol directed his way.

Glad now they feel do humiliated by our win.
On a PL board I visit, I'm amazed at the amount of vitriol aimed at Bielsa, especially after his nomination for European coach of the year. A few see the job he's done here especially on a relatively limited budget, but others have no sense of perspective. Think if he was at say Fulham or Brentford, there wouldn't be so much hatred
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:07 pm On a PL board I visit, I'm amazed at the amount of vitriol aimed at Bielsa, especially after his nomination for European coach of the year. A few see the job he's done here especially on a relatively limited budget, but others have no sense of perspective. Think if he was at say Fulham or Brentford, there wouldn't be so much hatred
I think there is a lot of envy from fans of other clubs because of the way Bielsa is held in such high esteem from other coaches, ex players (Ian Wright, Graeme Souness, Gary Neville to name but a few) and the way they rave about our style of play....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fridge wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:31 am With the way they’re talking about that loss, you’d think we were relegation fodder!

From a neutral’s point of view we are a decent side! I agree that if they want top 4 then they should probably be beating teams like us but I’d hardly think losing to Leeds should be described as ‘embarrassing’
Foxes fans going on about their injuries to Ndidi & Vardy, no mention of Koch & Llorente missing for leeds with Rodrigo & Raphinha also going off with a injuries.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:47 pm Foxes fans going on about their injuries to Ndidi & Vardy, no mention of Koch & Llorente missing for leeds with Rodrigo & Raphinha also going off with a injuries.
Have they mentioned how our goalkeeper is a 20 year old with less than 50 career league appearances to his name?

Or that we had a 21 year old left sided cb playing right side and that he has only 11 league starts in his senior career to his name?

Or that we had a left winger playing at left back?

A failed winger converted to full back playing cm?

Whinging about their injuries, we had square pegs and injures ourselves.

They are very close to a one man team and it reflects very badly on them imo.

Injuries happen, if you cant cope with that then you need better coaching.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:12 pm Have they mentioned how our goalkeeper is a 20 year old with less than 50 career league appearances to his name?

Or that we had a 21 year old left sided cb playing right side and that he has only 11 league starts in his senior career to his name?

Or that we had a left winger playing at left back?

A failed winger converted to full back playing cm?

Whinging about their injuries, we had square pegs and injures ourselves.

They are very close to a one man team and it reflects very badly on them imo.

Injuries happen, if you cant cope with that then you need better coaching.
And we finished the game with our championship side minus Ben White of course!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:51 pm I think there is a lot of envy from fans of other clubs because of the way Bielsa is held in such high esteem from other coaches, ex players (Ian Wright, Graeme Souness, Gary Neville to name but a few) and the way they rave about our style of play....
Most definitely Swannie :tup:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:03 pm The comments on here are a walk in the park compared to other Leeds sites let alone other fan sites mate, anyone that gets upset on here then forum's aren't for you.
:tup: :tup: This. Some of the bile on the other Leeds forums is frankly shocking and disgusting. I joined this one for the exact reason it seemed a reasonably friendly, sane, and rational place (which it is in the main).