Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by Smudge3920 »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:46 am Never been his biggest fan and he has severe limitations but one think I can never fault is his effort.
I hold my hands up, and admit I was perhaps the biggest critic of Jack early in the season, before I fully understood how MB had changed his tactical approach, slight as it was , increasing now as we go into the 2nd half of rthe season...Jack is key now and fully developing into the type of player I hoped he could be ...He is becoming as important to us as Sterling is to Man Citeh...
faaip wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:08 pm Effort is a given for just about every squad player, you don't make the effort you don't play for Leeds so I think to say effort is a particular virtue maybe right at other teams but at Elland Road it's bog standard...
So true ....and what a great tool in the armoury...absolutely bog standard to a man...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

‘My expectation is he’ll join Leeds’ – Phil Hay delivers transfer verdict on in-form attacker

Jack Harrison isn’t a permanent Leeds United player. Yet.
And some fans are worried that his rising form is going to see Man City decide to keep hold of him in the summer instead of letting him join Leeds
Leeds have an option to sign him – and that’s been revised for his latest loan spell. And Athletic journalist Phil Hay believes that everything is aligned for him to sign permanently in the summer.
After the game against Palace one Leeds fan asked,..
With Harrison adapting so well to the league, is there a chance City will try and convince him to stay?
Hay replied saying...
My expectation is that he’ll join Leeds. It’s the club’s option and everyone seems to be in agreement. Great value at £11m.
Next big bargain
Leeds have the option to sign Harrison but it’s not a cast-iron guarantee. Obviously, a lot depends on Harrison himself but he seems to be absolutely loving his time at Leeds and under Marcelo Bielsa.
Man City are highly unlikely to try and persuade him that his future lies at the Etihad. All the noise that we’ve heard is that they are happy with the way that the loan and option deals have been structured.
We don’t see that changing even if Harrison’s stock keeps rising. All it means is that Leeds will be getting even more of a bargain when he does sign.
What’s a realistic price tag for him on the open market? We’d say between £25m and £35m and at £11m Leeds are getting a massive bargain.

However, we’ve put the work in. Like Ben White, Bielsa can take a lot of the credit for how Harrison has come on.
Unlike with White, it looks like we’re going to reap the rewards this time.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:44 am ‘My expectation is he’ll join Leeds’ – Phil Hay delivers transfer verdict on in-form attacker

Jack Harrison isn’t a permanent Leeds United player. Yet.
And some fans are worried that his rising form is going to see Man City decide to keep hold of him in the summer instead of letting him join Leeds
Leeds have an option to sign him – and that’s been revised for his latest loan spell. And Athletic journalist Phil Hay believes that everything is aligned for him to sign permanently in the summer.
After the game against Palace one Leeds fan asked,..

Hay replied saying...

Next big bargain
Leeds have the option to sign Harrison but it’s not a cast-iron guarantee. Obviously, a lot depends on Harrison himself but he seems to be absolutely loving his time at Leeds and under Marcelo Bielsa.
Man City are highly unlikely to try and persuade him that his future lies at the Etihad. All the noise that we’ve heard is that they are happy with the way that the loan and option deals have been structured.
We don’t see that changing even if Harrison’s stock keeps rising. All it means is that Leeds will be getting even more of a bargain when he does sign.
What’s a realistic price tag for him on the open market? We’d say between £25m and £35m and at £11m Leeds are getting a massive bargain.

However, we’ve put the work in. Like Ben White, Bielsa can take a lot of the credit for how Harrison has come on.
Unlike with White, it looks like we’re going to reap the rewards this time.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay between 25 and 35 mill for him, especially in this market. 11 mill sounds about fair for him, not cheap or expensive imo.

I've changed my mind based on performances this season and would like to see him stay. Don't think he's a long term solution though if we want to push up the table, we've seen how much better raph is than him already
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

danhirons wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:29 am I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay between 25 and 35 mill for him, especially in this market. 11 mill sounds about fair for him, not cheap or expensive imo.
I thought that was a bit excessive yet to Dan... Most pundits who are ex players do tend to over inflate though...
I've changed my mind based on performances this season and would like to see him stay. Don't think he's a long term solution though if we want to push up the table, we've seen how much better raph is than him already
You and me both Dan... I am now of the mind I would like to see him stay, on his day (which is becoming more frequent IMO) he is a joy to watch.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

£11m is probably at the lower end of a fair price bracket, I’d say.

Considering the fact that he’s British and young... some right shite have gone for much more than he’ll cost us.

Getting Raphinha for £17m was nothing other than a heist, a steal of the highest order.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Ron Swanson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:38 pm £11m is probably at the lower end of a fair price bracket, I’d say.
I would say thats a fair price right now Ron
Considering the fact that he’s British and young... some right shite have gone for much more than he’ll cost us.
I wonder why all of a sudden British players stock seems to have sky rocketed?
Getting Raphinha for £17m was nothing other than a heist, a steal of the highest order.
Put the Great Train Robbery to shame didnt it ... :)
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

They’ve been over priced for as long as I can remember, but especially now.

Brewster went for £24m, on the back of half a decent season in the championship.

Ramsdale wasn’t much cheaper, on the back of being relegated.

Meslier cost us a fraction of that, he’s younger and clearly has a higher ceiling.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

danhirons wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:29 am I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay between 25 and 35 mill for him, especially in this market. 11 mill sounds about fair for him, not cheap or expensive imo.

I suspect few of the top 9 teams are playing with an £11 million player alongside their striker.

In fact, as Arsenal show, you can just as easily spend £80 or £90 million, pay a multiple of Harrison's salary, and get a worse player.

Harrison works in the system and clearly has bought into the whole Bielsa regime, hasn't shown any ego that a young Man City player might show, seems very happy at Leeds, works hard, and is an important part of a team that sits in 10th. He has scored more than players with much bigger star status in other teans. I'd be very reluctant to throw that out, and risk fracturing the dressing room, in the hope that some player might do better...but could do worse...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Is JH under threat ?

It seems pretty likely we will sign him permanently in the summer but its clear MB is getting frustrated with him (and Costa).

MB rarely makes changes so you have to have really disappointed him to lose your place in the first place.

For me he is a decent squad option but not consistent enough if we aim for top 6 in the future.

His end product is still far far to erratic and like a few others, the system makes his end product look better than it is imo.

Admire his effort but after 3 years you shouldn't still be saying the same things imo.

The fact MB dropped him and is now swapping him and Costa in and out suggests to me neither are guaranteed a starting place next season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://motleedsnews.com/news/jack-harr ... -for-help/

Thats Klich now Harrison who have admitted tiredness has impacted them.

Dont like to be a broken record but does make you wonder how much the players who have been playing under MB for all this time have left?.

Cycles and all that it isnt a myth imo, everything needs freshening up eventually.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

To be fair, over the past few seasons we haven’t had the squad depth to rotate players in and out. And every game is a ‘Cup Final’ when you’re chasing promotion or trying to avoid relegation. MB’s approach to cup games i.e. play as few as you can, is his way of resting players.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Also we have the twin impacts or first season at a higher level and doing it without a pre season after a tumultuous previous season ...I do think we could rotate a touch more and Klich/Harrison are probably the two that cover the most ground per game all being equal ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:10 am https://motleedsnews.com/news/jack-harr ... -for-help/

Thats Klich now Harrison who have admitted tiredness has impacted them.

Dont like to be a broken record but does make you wonder how much the players who have been playing under MB for all this time have left?.

Cycles and all that it isnt a myth imo, everything needs freshening up eventually.
No pre-season, two seasons one after another. Not surprising that one or two are starting to feel it. Harrison's return of 5 goals and six assists is a pretty good return, for a player not yet in his prime. Plus £11 Million is an absolute steal. We would have to play 30Mill+ to get an upgrade.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:45 pm No pre-season, two seasons one after another. Not surprising that one or two are starting to feel it. Harrison's return of 5 goals and six assists is a pretty good return, for a player not yet in his prime. Plus £11 Million is an absolute steal. We would have to play 30Mill+ to get an upgrade.
There's no guarantee of an improvement at 30 million, in fact as Arsenal's Pepe shows there's no guarantee at 80 million and 150k per week...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Any player can go from great to s**t the second they change clubs ...All down to coaching/system/partnerships.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

So, getting near to decision time on Harrison - stick or twist?

Stick for me, I’d keep him.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 am So, getting near to decision time on Harrison - stick or twist?

Stick for me, I’d keep him.
Up & down like a yo yo

Jack has had some excellent games with some fantastic moments intersperse with a glut of real stinkers!

Harrison is more use to us than Costa whom still appears to be like a big girls blouse imo!
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

I'd keep him, 100%.

But he was dreadful yesterday, with his decision making on when to retain the ball or when to pass.

Costa was crap as well. Poveda was more lively than both.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

It's like this.

How much would we have to pay to replace him?

So keep.

Yes he was off yesterday(most wingers are inconsistent) but remember who we were up against.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Quiet game yesterday, MOTM the week before ... Keep for me at that price, maybe we can loan him again...