Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 am Perhaps Southgate was there for a Paddy, and who knows, perhaps Paddy's strop at the end was because he had failed to score a goal and impress Southgate.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Thats my take also on Paddys little spat...
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:17 am Thats my take also on Paddys little spat...
There’s plenty of time between now and March for him to show his worth
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Happy 25th birthday Kalvin
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kalvin Phillips - Birthday boy!

Post by whiteswan »

Some pundit yesterday suggesting that Kalvin 'should be a good replacement for Jordan Henderson.....and not just for England' :rant:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Many Happy returns big man KP. I can't think of 2 many players that would have turned down a big money move to the PL to stay in the Championship. Sometimes in life things turn out for the best.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Nobody knows how much I love Kalvin... he's a strong player, a tremendous player, very powerful. Before anyone even thought about it, I was strongly suggesting that Kalvin should play for England... or America even, I could easily sort out his H-1B. But I said to Gareth take him for England and he did,. cos my advice is the best advice... tremendously strong and goodly great... huge.

Before anyone on this forum had any inkling about Kalvin I was saying what a tremendous defensive midfielder he was... and was I right or was I right... when Kalvin was born I said to Tony Blair that baby has the stamp of a England defensive midfielder... said to Bielsa go and feel those baby's thighs... tremendous strong powerful thighs... the very best thighs for football... but do I get any respect for discovering such wonderful talent, such tremendous talent. Foresight that was what it was... foresight... I am Geneius at that cos i've got good genes, tremendous genes, that's how you became a Geneius.

Nobody knows the doors i have opened for that boy. Nobody knows what the future holds for him better than me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by rab_rant on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:44 am Some pundit yesterday suggesting that Kalvin 'should be a good replacement for Jordan Henderson.....and not just for England' :rant:
That pundit can take a run & Jump Swannie
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

25!

Not one of the young players any more.

Ought to get the armband.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:25 pm That pundit can take a run & Jump Swannie
Especially as Kalvins Gran wouldn't want to have to move to 'Littlepool' :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:11 am Especially as Kalvins Gran wouldn't want to have to move to 'Littlepool' :lol:
Kalvin is going nowhere now we're in the premier league

And yes KP will be the next captain of Leeds :tup:
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

He's absolute quality.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fridge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:20 pm 25!

Not one of the young players any more.

Ought to get the armband.
He is definately the future Captain... correct me if I am wrong , but it is the players who decide on the Captains role? and right now they believe in Coops.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

visitingvillan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:05 pm He's absolute quality.
I know Kalvin & Jack G get on well when on the England call-ups
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:31 pm I know Kalvin & Jack G get on well when on the England call-ups
Yeah seems they definitely do.

Was a bit disappointed when we didn't end up signing him last year, but have massive respect for him staying with his hometown club to help you get promoted. Feels like we don't see that type of loyalty in football these days.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phillips excellent at Everton - how does he keep improving?

Bielsa
"The rest is the capacity to play the ball. To obtain the ball and distribute it, there’s two paths: one to recover the ball and after that managing the ball. The second path is to move into positions where he can receive the ball and distribute it. The more he moves to become free, the more he will shine"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:08 pm He is definately the future Captain... correct me if I am wrong , but it is the players who decide on the Captains role? and right now they believe in Coops.

Absolutely!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 17.54.47.png

Kalvin Phillips vs. Newcastle:

87.8% pass acc.
61 touches
36/41 succ. passes
10 ball recoveries (most on pitch) :star:
6 interceptions (most on pitch) :star:
11/13 succ. final third passes
3 clearances
3 times fouled
1 chance created

Bossed midfield. Most interceptions & recoveries. :clap:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

While he's one of the fan favorites, I never think KP gets the full credit he deserves. Because a lot of what he does goes unnoticed. He's pivotal to our attacking and defensive play. He fills in the holes that allow us to keep shape and allow others to wander out of position. Ayling made a few adventurous runs against Newcastle. He can only do that because of Phillips. At times, we see our cavalier approach seeing Kalvin get swamped by 2 or 3 attacking midfielders. And he handles it.

Yesteraday KP was very much on the ball defensively. He just looks so calm and easy in his interceptions and knocking opposition players off the ball. His passing was also top class again. I loved that little chip ball he played over the top to (I think) Alioski. I hope Southgate sees what Bielsa sees. Becasue he should literally build his whole tactics around him.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Concur Andrew, the other under estimated thing about KP is just how strong he is, he is not easily forced of the ball and often leaves opponents on the ground.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm I hope Southgate sees what Bielsa sees.
Southgate isn't on the same planet as Bielsa when it comes down to getting the best out of the players he has and being able to knit average players into a team capable of playing such bold attacking football. Southgate, like various others in the premier league, simply relies on getting a team to run around for 90 minutes and be good at set pieces.

As we saw in the world cup it can work but at some point a better coached team will wipe the floor with them.