What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by liggy »

Yes and if anyone takes the time to look into a beautiful Red kites nest you'll probably find at least 25 racing pigeon rings that the horrible fookers have killed....stop ya love in with birds of prey ffs.
They are evil and need Cullen.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Ps.. leopards are right pretty pat one of them on the heed and it'll eat ya.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Red Kites don't tend to take birds in mid air, they're carrion/small mammal hunters. They're not even first in line for carrion. Crows come first

Diet is mainly rabbit/hare/mice/moles etc

Now Sparrow Hawks take pigeons, doves etc. Masters of the art
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Well the ones up the Tyne valley must be a bunch of rouges because they'll take out anything,
Although the perigine tend to pick out more bonney colours out of a flock that's why I line breed...hawkes are a nuisance and need Culled.
Ww1 and ww2 this country would of fell if it wasn't for racing pigeons.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

30km run around mountains. First 2 or 3 hours were great, good weather, beautiful scenery. Last couple of hours involved a trudge through wild terrain, never ending boulder fields and waist high grass, so ground down into a sufferfest. Legs in fritters, there will be no gardening done today...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Made a batch of curries from scratch...sorted for 3 plus months now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:03 pm 30km run around mountains. First 2 or 3 hours were great, good weather, beautiful scenery. Last couple of hours involved a trudge through wild terrain, never ending boulder fields and waist high grass, so ground down into a sufferfest. Legs in fritters, there will be no gardening done today...
I used to get paid to do that kind of "fun"...respect for you doing it for pleasure mate...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:05 pm Made a batch of curries from scratch...sorted for 3 plus months now
Nice mate...I did the same yesterday and a couple of Texan style Chilli's to boot
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Feeling really guilty. I have 2 Pyracantha bushes that did not survive the freeze we had. I cut one about 3/4 down and came across a bird nest. It looked kind of tatty so I pulled it out and threw it in the trash. About 5 minutes later a bird flew onto the bush with a beak full of stuff. It looked at me and I swear it said "You bast*rd" and then flew off.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our usual weekly walk along the promenade this morning

Bridlington at 8.30am

Screenshot 2021-04-13 19.41.05.png

Arctic terns pruning & sunbathing

Screenshot 2021-04-13 19.42.49.png
Screenshot 2021-04-13 19.54.05.png
Screenshot 2021-04-13 19.54.05.png (465.3 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Celebrating my birthday. Took Thomas to the barber for a much needed shear lol, off to sunny Donny to see my mum and then home for a fillet steak dinner served with herby potato wedges and sliced beef tomatoes with mozzarella drizzled with Pizza Express dressing mmmm :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Peeping Tom tit
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

On my daily cycle round the park this evening and is was evident something was going on in/around the castle. Apparently, Foals concert this evening - couldn’t name you one track by them, but cracking evening for it.
CC9C874F-AE8E-40DE-8AFD-3411267216E4.jpeg
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:01 pm On my daily cycle round the park this evening and is was evident something was going on in/around the castle. Apparently, Foals concert this evening - couldn’t name you one track by them, but cracking evening for it.

CC9C874F-AE8E-40DE-8AFD-3411267216E4.jpeg
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Original Live
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Last night I went to Headingley to watch The Hundred. Very entertaining it was too. Went with Thomas and my Donny supporting son. First time to Headingley and first time to watch fast cricket. Record score, great atmosphere and we beat a Manchester team :-) :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:33 am Last night I went to Headingley to watch The Hundred. Very entertaining it was too. Went with Thomas and my Donny supporting son. First time to Headingley and first time to watch fast cricket. Record score, great atmosphere and we beat a Manchester team :-) :bear:
Very exciting cricket, seem a great atmosphere there too young lady :cricket:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:45 am Very exciting cricket, seem a great atmosphere there too young lady :cricket:
It was little old man. Had good seats for people watching too :) :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:46 am It was little old man. Had good seats for people watching too :) :bear:
Plenty of legroom at Headingley as oppose to ER.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:33 am Last night I went to Headingley to watch The Hundred. Very entertaining it was too. Went with Thomas and my Donny supporting son. First time to Headingley and first time to watch fast cricket. Record score, great atmosphere and we beat a Manchester team :-) :bear:
I'm envious bb. I've watched just about every game since the hundred began. What a great game for you to have been to with a record score and yes, we beat a Manchester team :)