Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Re: Today's Games

Post by Lorimer46 »

Liverpool seem a bit susceptible to the ball over the top , back four looks very flat and Arsenal have opened them up on a couple of occasions But they seem to work on the we'll score more than you method of winning games
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:06 pm3-1
Good call pal
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:52 pm Good call pal
Ta mate

I'd forgotten Liverpool had signed Jota from Wolves, explains why they are struggling

Liverpool the better side
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:47 pm Liverpool seem a bit susceptible to the ball over the top , back four looks very flat and Arsenal have opened them up on a couple of occasions But they seem to work on the we'll score more than you method of winning games
Yes their defence opened up like the red sea on at least three occasions

Plenty of goals in that Liverpool team
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Liverpool do look susceptible to the ball over the top as other said i agree.

But Arsenal were poor, so far Arsenal and Chelsea have given Liverpool less of a game than we did imo.

Villa played well, took there chances, Fulham look decent going forward at times but they will be relegation fodder imo.

Conceding 3 to Fulham was poor that still bugs me.

Think Villa may be alright this season tbf, saying that will wait till they have played someone decent before making my mind up.

A Blades side down to 10 men for most of the game and a Fulham side who leak goals and are widely expected to be relegation fodder arent the best to judge.

Liverpool on Sunday will be a test.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 pm Liverpool do look susceptible to the ball over the top as other said i agree.

But Arsenal were poor, so far Arsenal and Chelsea have given Liverpool less of a game than we did imo.
I think part of that might be that we caught Liverpool a little cold (and maybe even complacent) on the first game. It's a weird season, no fans, no real preseason games. They might have been even more complacent given their early penalty. We came out on fire and they weren't really ready for it.

Chelsea might have given them a better game had it not been for the red card. That said, Chelsea followed that up with a really s**t performance. I did think Arsenal were very poor today. Right when I was starting to think the Arteta revolution was real
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:18 am I think part of that might be that we caught Liverpool a little cold (and maybe even complacent) on the first game. It's a weird season, no fans, no real preseason games. They might have been even more complacent given their early penalty. We came out on fire and they weren't really ready for it.

Chelsea might have given them a better game had it not been for the red card. That said, Chelsea followed that up with a really s**t performance. I did think Arsenal were very poor today. Right when I was starting to think the Arteta revolution was real
The Arteta revolution is very real but he mimics Guardiola too much. Klopp and Bielsa are just two managers who prove that calm, patient passing is quickly undone by sustained aggression up and down the pitch. I simply see it as a weaker style of play when put up against relentless attack like Liverpool show. Arsenal were too cautious, too content to sit back.

Though I admit we may have caught Liverpool cold as you say, to some extent, our style of play also made them very, very uncomfortable. When aggression meets aggression, spirit counts for as much as skill and so it proved when our teams almost cancelled one another out - never mind that it took two penalties to beat us, so I'd count that as a lucky win at that. Arsenal tried to press later on when they were hunting for the equaliser but they aren't drilled for it like we are.

That's what I, we and so many neutrals love about Bielsaball. We rarely play with fear no matter who we come up against and you know what they say - half of every battle is in the mind.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:23 am The Arteta revolution is very real but he mimics Guardiola too much. Klopp and Bielsa are just two managers who prove that calm, patient passing is quickly undone by sustained aggression up and down the pitch. I simply see it as a weaker style of play when put up against relentless attack like Liverpool show. Arsenal were too cautious, too content to sit back.

Though I admit we may have caught Liverpool cold as you say, to some extent, our style of play also made them very, very uncomfortable. When aggression meets aggression, spirit counts for as much as skill and so it proved when our teams almost cancelled one another out - never mind that it took two penalties to beat us, so I'd count that as a lucky win at that. Arsenal tried to press later on when they were hunting for the equaliser but they aren't drilled for it like we are.

That's what I, we and so many neutrals love about Bielsaball. We rarely play with fear no matter who we come up against and you know what they say - half of every battle is in the mind.
Great post Mothbanquet, and totally agree. Guardiola gets away with it (mostly) as he has an embarassment of riches in his squad compared to Arteta.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Chelsea playing the stronger side here imo, marginally
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Such dull football from both teams. Weaker sides or no, we've nothing to fear in this league.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm Such dull football from both teams. Weaker sides or no, we've nothing to fear in this league.
Glad I'm not watching it Moth, cracking goal from Werner apparently
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm Such dull football from both teams. Weaker sides or no, we've nothing to fear in this league.
Really awful football moth. I was watching Chelski pass fwd, back, fwd, back, fwd, back.....yawn. Dull garbage from both teams. Might not bother with the second half....
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm Really awful football moth. I was watching Chelski pass fwd, back, fwd, back, fwd, back.....yawn. Dull garbage from both teams. Might not bother with the second half....
the most exciting part of the game was when they showed that 5 second clip of Mourinho and Fwank arguing, and that was an hour ago... :sleep:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm Really awful football moth. I was watching Chelski pass fwd, back, fwd, back, fwd, back.....yawn. Dull garbage from both teams. Might not bother with the second half....
No improvement. Just more of the same turgid rubbish interspersed with awful defending and passing. After seeing the same from Arsenal last night it's no wonder Liverpool are dominating the league.

Give us another season or two of Bielsa and high quality transfers and we'll be ripping them to shreds and giving Pool a run for their money based on what we've seen so far.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Werner almost gets another but right at the keeper. He was in miles of space in from of the box, both Spurs CBs standing off about 6ft away each. He had all day to tee it up. Awful, awful defending and shooting from these 'top 6' teams.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I am absolutely not exaggerating here. Tyler Roberts would be an upgrade on Lamella.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Then he scores. Bugger off Lamella.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Pens. If anyone cares by now. Pundits sound like they've just woken up from a nap.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Chelsea out on pens. Mount misses their 5th after a perfect 5 from Spurs.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

:lol: ...Fwat Frankie's face ...just love it the vile disgusting man :rant: ... :rol: