Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:12 pm So.....do we want Villa to lose?
Yes. I'm a Leeds fan and want us to do well. :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:23 pm Hate to say it but Chelsea have deserved victory in the end.
That's why I was gutted when Fwank was sacked. With a proper manager in charge, they'd be a top side.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:14 pm Maupay getting sent off was quite amusing also :lol:
More ego than talent, awful player.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:30 pm Indeedy.

Who are they playing ?
Scumchester :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Villa one nil up
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Scum get their obligatory penalty from Penandes :roll: then Greenwood makes it 2-1.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Think the tiny chance Bamford had of going to the Euros is over now, as Greenwood will get called up.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Watkins booked for diving and then sent off :lol: :lol: Great to see the cheat finally getting some comeuppance :clap:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:54 pm Watkins booked for diving and then sent off :lol: :lol: Great to see the cheat finally getting some comeuppance :clap:
Villa definitely practice diving in training :lol:

Grealish, McGinn and Watkins compete for gold, silver and bronze.

:roflmao:

Been at it for years,Grealish and McGinn were always at it and Watkins has form for it as we know.

Softest team in the league.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:54 pm Watkins booked for diving and then sent off :lol: :lol: Great to see the cheat finally getting some comeuppance :clap:
Villa up to their old tricks as ever :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:14 pm Maupay getting sent off was quite amusing also :lol:

On to Villa and Manure.

Dont want either of them to win particularly but because i want us to finish as high as possible i will have to try not to be sick in my mouth and begrudgingly hope Manure win if someone has to.

Draw please would be best.
I missed Maupay getting sent off will watch that and have Chuckle later, supposed to be working now.

The dirty Scummers have done well for my fantasy team
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:00 pm Villa definitely practice diving in training :lol:

Been at it for years,Grealish and McGinn were always at it and Watkins has form for it as we know.

Dean Smith instilled the same tactics at Brentford, he's the instigator. The PL/FL need to investigate his managerial traits

Remember Watkins at ER diving to gain a penalty
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:13 pm Dean Smith instilled the same tactics at Brentford, he's the instigator. The PL/FL need to investigate his managerial traits

Remember Watkins at ER diving to gain a penalty
Head butted Alioski at ER as I remember. Same match where Pontus got a fine/ban for swearing in a post match interview about the shite officiating.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

as soon as Luiz commits that stupid foul I knew we were going to lose.

Don't understand the handball rule, and didn't think Watkins was diving per se but don't think there was enough to overturn it as a pen. --I thought there was a little contact from Henderson but VAR can't overturn a yellow

Guaranteed though if either of those were at the other end, Man U would instantly be given a pen and probably get our keeper sent off.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:00 pm Villa definitely practice diving in training :lol:

All the Villa team are diving. It’s a key part of the defensive tactics of Targett and even more so Matty Cash. It’s disgusting.

Referees will have to cut this out by booking anyone who dives anywhere on the field of play. Only occasionally does someone get booked for cheating at the moment, and usually only for diving in the box. Elsewhere, you may get a ref telling someone to get up and play on but that’s simply not enough.

Diving and feigning injury is ruining the game. It looks rotten, it sours the atmosphere in a game, and gives such bad example to young players.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm Head butted Alioski at ER as I remember. Same match where Pontus got a fine/ban for swearing in a post match interview about the shite officiating.
Was that in the dugout when Ali tried to get the ball back?
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:04 pm All the Villa team are diving. It’s a key part of the defensive tactics of Targett and even more so Matty Cash. It’s disgusting.

Referees will have to cut this out by booking anyone who dives anywhere on the field of play. Only occasionally does someone get booked for cheating at the moment, and usually only for diving in the box. Elsewhere, you may get a ref telling someone to get up and play on but that’s simply not enough.

Diving and feigning injury is ruining the game. It looks rotten, it sours the atmosphere in a game, and gives such bad example to young players.
Not trying to absolve Villa (cause I support them) of blame, but it's just the way which the game is played now. Every team (including Villa) does it because if they don't, they're at a disadvantage already. Actual fouls don't get blown for all the time, which is why players have to go down "screaming" and in a heap. Only way to get the ref to actually blow up.

I think that's part of every defender's defensive tactics TBF -- I hate when a defender is backed up in his own corner and feels a slight nudge and goes down. Ref's call that every time, its crazy to me.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:13 pm Not trying to absolve Villa (cause I support them) of blame, but it's just the way which the game is played now. Every team (including Villa) does it because if they don't, they're at a disadvantage already. Actual fouls don't get blown for all the time, which is why players have to go down "screaming" and in a heap. Only way to get the ref to actually blow up.

I think that's part of every defender's defensive tactics TBF -- I hate when a defender is backed up in his own corner and feels a slight nudge and goes down. Ref's call that every time, its crazy to me.
You have a fair point VV on players needing to go down to win a free. We had that exact case playing Chelsea in Elland Road. Poveda won a ball on the right wing and cut into the box where he was blatantly kicked by James ( I think) but he managed to stay up and tried to pass the ball. As a result he got no penalty. If he went down it was a stonewall pen.

Ayling is the one Leeds player that really uses the “touch in the back” to fall over, and he does win many frees as a result. The main issue is the diabolical standard of refereeing. If players knew they’d be supported when fouled and punished for diving, then they may just behave better than they currently do.

I still think we’d see more Villa players trying it on than most other clubs. Maybe it’s just Grealish’s influence....... diving, haircut etc.etc. ;-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:11 pm Was that in the dugout when Ali tried to get the ball back?
Yes, exactly Swannie - Mister Very Honourable Dean Smith :sick:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:13 pm Not trying to absolve Villa (cause I support them) of blame, but it's just the way which the game is played now. Every team (including Villa) does it because if they don't, they're at a disadvantage already. Actual fouls don't get blown for all the time, which is why players have to go down "screaming" and in a heap. Only way to get the ref to actually blow up.

You may have noticed the Ayling flop VV, he's got that perfected to a 10 out of 10 :lol:

I always look at it this way, if the opposition player fair and don't dive then we don't. But if the oppo do it and the officials don't peanlise it then we should do it as otherwise we're letting the officials give the oppo an unfair advantage.