Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread - Alioski Replaces Douglas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread - Alioski Replaces Douglas

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 pm Maybe when they signed a centreback that isn't comfortable plying out from the back....
THink its a bit harsh to blame it all on Ethan Pinnock.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 pm Maybe when they signed a centreback that isn't comfortable plying out from the back....
THink its a bit harsh to blame it all on Ethan Pinnock.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Genghers wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am Feel for Bamford a bit with the massive 'Eddie' chant when he came on, but he continued to graft and didn't let his head drop either. Don't think he had a bad game and only really had 2 chances, one which was difficult, the other under a lot of pressure from the keeper and that was almost in.
Neither chance was easy , the first the ball was a little too high so he couldn't get over it and the second there was very little of the net to aim at because if he had aimed his header at goal it would very likely have hit the keeper who had rushed out, as such the only gap there was was the one he aimed for, just inside the post.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 am THink its a bit harsh to blame it all on Ethan Pinnock.
Who is this Effin' Pillock you are talking about?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 am Neither chance was easy , the first the ball was a little too high so he couldn't get over it and the second there was very little of the net to aim at because if he had aimed his header at goal it would very likely have hit the keeper who had rushed out, as such the only gap there was was the one he aimed for, just inside the post.
He worked hard again and his service wasn't brilliant so I'm not concerned, and I'm sure he'll grab at least one against Stoke. I'll still take 3 goals in 4 any day.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

At last we beat the ER hoodoo gaining a hard fought victory for the first time in five home games. Ironically we were nowhere near as fluent last night as in those last four games. Tbh even though we showed more intent after the break I couldn't see us scoring, I was convinced we were heading to a 0-0 draw. Two inspired substitutions with the introduction of Costa/Nketiah & the buzz & atmosphere around the stadium lifted immediately. A sublime pass from Klich, Costa pace & vision set up another tap-in for our on loan Gooner 8-) manic scenes in the kop

Positives

Three points
Two inspired substitutions
A superbly worked winning goal
Nketiah's 100% strike-rate, two out of two
Costa's 3rd assist in little game time
Phillips, Forshaw, White, Dallas all impressive
Clean sheet

Negatives

Pablo not at the races
Jack also struggled
Alioski is not a LB
Bamford's missed chances
Not as fluent or efficient as in recent games, too many poor passes & possession of the ball
Another penalty denied

Ratings

7 Casilla
8 Dallas
8 White
7 Cooper
5 Alioski
8.5 Phillips (MOTM)
5 Hernandez
7.5 Klich
8 Forshaw
5 Harrison
6 Bamford
Subs
8 Nketiah
8 Costa
5 Berardi
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Brilliant clip Leon, thanks for that.
I see little bits of why you think so highly of KP and I sense the value of Klich.
Also appreciate the value of our 2 super-subs and what a difference pace makes. :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Also puts our previous struggles against Brentford into perspective because they're still a good, highly combative, football team.
It's lovely to come out on top for a change and I'm not overlooking the fact that we had some good luck, but that is football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:54 am Brilliant clip Leon, thanks for that.
I see little bits of why you think so highly of KP and I sense the value of Klich.
Also appreciate the value of our 2 super-subs and what a difference pace makes. :tup:
Pleasure Norm

It's hard to believe Kalvin is only 23yo, he seems to been around for many years. KP is still learning under the guidance of Bielsa & improving fast with age, he's an inspiration to all around him, you can see his colleagues love him as do the ER faithful, his song is sung as much as the Kiko/Hernandez song.

Absolutely guaranteed we wouldn't be top now if we had lost Phillips in the summer!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 am Also puts our previous struggles against Brentford into perspective because they're still a good, highly combative, football team.
It's lovely to come out on top for a change and I'm not overlooking the fact that we had some good luck, but that is football.
The test for me will be the Stoke, Brentford & Millwall aways

Stoke are bottom
We haven't won at Brentford since the 1950's
Millwall is always a struggle at The Den

Win at least two of them or come away from those games unbeaten & I will believe for certain we are going up as champions :-D
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: The test for me will be the Stoke, Brentford & Millwall aways

Stoke are bottom
We haven't won at Brentford since the 1950's
Millwall is always a struggle at The Den

Win at least two of them or come away from those games unbeaten & I will believe for certain we are going up as champions :-D
Toooo early to be talking about going up . After last season im not even contemplating it . Too many disappointments over the years have put paid to getting that excited.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One
Game
At
A
Time

OGAAT
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"