The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20th September) - Adidas to succeed Kappa?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20th September) - Adidas to succeed Kappa?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 20th September, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Adidas to succeed Kappa?

According to Phil Hay, sportswear giants Adidas have been tipped to succeed Kappa to manufacture the Leeds strip next season bringing an end to our 5 year contract with the Italian brand.

The former YEP chief football writer went on to say that our current shirt sponsor 32 Red' is also about to expire soon, and a new company will be replacing them. This is likely to be an extremely lucrative deal, especially if the Whites reach the promised land in May!

Which brand have made the best and worst Sports brand?

Who was your favourite shirt sponsor?

If you could choose any company to be Leeds shirt sponsor, who would it be?

Casilla - It's a very demanding league

Kiko Casilla has been speaking to Italian media outlet Diario de Tarragona about his transition from Real Madrid to Leeds Utd.

“When you arrive, everything shocks you. It’s a direct style of game, back and forth and very competitive games in which you know that you will hardly score. It’s a very demanding league, but fun.

We’re watching videos and training for many hours. Not only us players, but also their coaching staff. But when you see that everything is reflected in the matches and is going well, it’s fun.

At Cartagena, I had played like that, but I hadn’t done for many years. At Madrid and Espanyol they also rely on the ball but not as clearly.

Bielsa makes me participate a lot in the game. He asks me to take the ball and do a lot of defence help, and that forces me to be out of my area.

Are you happy that Casilla has established himself as No 1 keep at Elland Road?

Kinnear - Both White and Nketiah have recall clauses

Angus Kinnear has revealed that there is a January recall clause in the loan deals of both Ben White and Eddie Nketiah!

The Leeds Utd Chief Executive was speaking on the recent edition of the 'Talking Shutt' podcast.

It’s fairly standard in these contracts to have January recalls but the decision is based on how well the loan’s going so if the players are playing, playing well, enjoying their football and developing, which I think we can evidence in both Ben and Eddie’s case, then you’d be fairly confident that they recall wouldn’t be activated by the parent club.

Kinnear went on to discuss how the defender ended up on the Whites’ radar. He explained:
Ben was a player that Victor (Orta) spotted when he and I went to Newport in the FA Cup two years ago and he’s watched him ever since.

He was very confident that he had the ability to play in Marcelo system–very, very composed on the ball, plays the ball out brilliantly, but I think I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how tough he is as well.

He’s as robust a centre half as I think you’ll find, so I think he’s a good signing.

In other news

Leeds United officials were confirmed to have been in attendance at Benfica's Champions League clash against RB Leipzig earlier in the week. I wonder who they were scouting? Any ideas?

Mauricio Pochettino may use his option of a release clause to recall Jack Clarke in January and send him to West Ham. Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini is apparently an admirer of the 18yo England U19 International.

Local artist Andy McVeigh has been commissioned to restore art work on electric and broadband boxes at Elland Road and the surrounding areas that were recently vandalised.

He will be working in conjunction with Leeds Utd, Leeds City Council and Virgin Media.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20th September) Adidas to succeed Kappa?

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning all.

A new sponsor?

Swann, the UKs No1 DIY Surveillance equipment supplier...

Let Jack go if he isn’t needed here, we might need another loaner in Jan.

Nice to see Kiko settle, he can make the difference this year there is no doubt.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20th September) - Adidas to succeed Kappa?

Post by Sara »

Sponsors invariably ruin the shirts, for me. If there was a way to have a sponsorless shirt, I'd go for that, although currently that would be Paddy Power, and I'd like us to move away from the ubiquitous gambling companies. The 32Red sponsor is an abomination.

Kiko seems to have settled into his game more now, and I think he is good for our no 1. Losing either Ben or Eddie would be a real blow; the former, particularly, is an excellent signing.

I'm really pleased Andy's artwork is going to be restored. Whoever vandalised it deserves a good kicking, quite frankly.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

As for shirt makers, I'm not excited by Adidas. We'd probably end up with a template which looked like a white version of all their other shirts. Puma are rubbish too. Probably prefer Umbro or Carbrini.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:12 am Sponsors invariably ruin the shirts, for me. If there was a way to have a sponsorless shirt, I'd go for that, although currently that would be Paddy Power, and I'd like us to move away from the ubiquitous gambling companies. The 32Red sponsor is an abomination.

Kiko seems to have settled into his game more now, and I think he is good for our no 1. Losing either Ben or Eddie would be a real blow; the former, particularly, is an excellent signing.

I'm really pleased Andy's artwork is going to be restored. Whoever vandalised it deserves a good kicking, quite frankly.
I could not agree more....with all of this Sara
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:17 am As for shirt makers, I'm not excited by Adidas. We'd probably end up with a template which looked like a white version of all their other shirts. Puma are rubbish too. Probably prefer Umbro or Carbrini.

I don't like the tought of three stripes down the side of a Leeds shirt.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:51 am I don't like the tought of three stripes down the side of a Leeds shirt.
Me neither. It makes it more about their brand than our club.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Three stripes on a shirt....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"