Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Here we go again.........

Post by BGwhite »

hector wrote:https://uk.yahoo.com/news/panic-buying- ... 12282.html

Annotation 2020-09-21 194349.jpg
Time to get that gun out again Image

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 pm There has only been 335 "covid deaths" in Finland
and at the moment nobody is in intensive care.
People are going about their business as normal.
No hysteria or draconian laws. Pretty peaceful
and I am grateful for that.

Just read that people will be fined in UK for not following the government recommendations
Anyone who breaks the rules on social gatherings will be fined £100,
with the penalty doubling on each further repeat offence up to £3,200.

That must be tough!!!
I'll say once again you have a more sensible society in Finland than the rebellious selfish attitude of the UK
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

UK cases on the rise but death rates down. The graphs and stats.
hector

Post by hector »

This is true Rab, but the age range of the people getting it is now slowly changing from young fit 20 somethings to older and not as fit 40-50 some things, and soon us older buggers who are more at risk will get it, and the death rates will soar again.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 am This is true Rab, but the age range of the people getting it is now slowly changing from young fit 20 somethings to older and not as fit 40-50 some things, and soon us older buggers who are more at risk will get it, and the death rates will soar again.
And will the young give a damn, not a chance :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And the old are only good for moaning and being negative..while we're doing generalizations
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The only statistic worth anything is % of deaths actually from Covid-19 and not with covid-19 where other diseases or simple old-age may be partly or wholly responsible, then sorted by age group.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Won't be winning any trophies this season

Indoor sports banned

Relieved tbh!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Six months today since lockdown

Now we are into a second wave as I fully expected

No surprise whatsoever how many other countries have coped with this horrible disease much more effectively
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

When you elect a charlatan as PM and he fills his cabinet with incompetent yes men/women, what do you expect?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:27 pm When you elect a charlatan as PM and he fills his cabinet with incompetent yes men/women, what do you expect?
I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:27 pm When you elect a charlatan as PM and he fills his cabinet with incompetent yes men/women, what do you expect?
Can't disagree with your comment there Nick

I despair with all of them :chair:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Norm wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:58 pm The only statistic worth anything is % of deaths actually from Covid-19 and not with covid-19 where other diseases or simple old-age may be partly or wholly responsible, then sorted by age group.
So following that logic, a 75 years old man with say a heart condition, who gets hit by a car and dies should not be considered as a victim of a car accident. He really died because he had a bad heart and was old.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BobHirst wrote: So following that logic, a 75 years old man with say a heart condition, who gets hit by a car and dies should not be considered as a victim of a car accident. He really died because he had a bad heart and was old.
Naw that just does not make sense... if he gets hit by a car the death certificate has to say he died of Covid complications.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The other option was a Government containing: Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott, Gardner, et el. You never know Corbyn may have employed his brother Piers as a Corvid spokesman. :)

Difficult one for any Government. Lockdown was to protect the NHS, but apparently (not verified) Hospitals have been empty for months, with people not getting care for lots of other serious issues. Also unconfirmed on my part but i read somewhere there is currently more deaths from suicide than Corvid. Charming, what happened to all lives matter.

I would have been content with the Sweden option. It certainly would have saved on the economic pain (supposedly?) coming down the track for a already beleaguered younger generation. Although i can hear the chants of murderer from here. :angel:

BLM, Illegal raves, 1000's on the beaches up and down the country. Do they not know were in the middle of a deadly pandemic?

And i'm no viral expert, but what the heck is the point of trying to get to 0 transmission rate by locking people away? If you take a burglar of the street it will stop the crime wave only until he is released again? (Poor i know but you get the drift)

Vaccine it is. Although ive got a fear of needles. Where does that leave me. ;-)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Coronavirus - Lockdown in Leeds precariously close

Post by Sara »

This civil liberties campaign may be of interest to some:

https://bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/campaign ... troduction
hector

Post by hector »

FB_IMG_1588934812491.jpg
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Video on the Coronavirus Act:

https://youtu.be/99CFvQOZrSQ
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Another lockdown will only further bankrupt more Britain's after their hospitality businesses go bust. What if small English football clubs close never to reopen. Is a general lockdown worth it?

Here's an article looking at the global lockdown on spreading misinformation on Covid 19, banning 'fake news', prosecuting people causing public mischief, draconian restrictions on speech and scaring people into silence. https://www.nationalobserver.com/2020/0 ... en-scarier

Does the compulsory wearing of face masks symbolize a collective silence regarding speaking out in public against the governments approach to fighting the virus?

The global pandemic is also an infodemic with people not fully understanding the governments conflicting responses to the infection rates, leading one to assume this to be a deliberate act of misinformation even lying by those in charge.

How long will football fans put up with the nonsense and how long can a socially distanced chain of football supporters stretch, before government finally takes notice?
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:58 pm

So following that logic, a 75 years old man with say a heart condition, who gets hit by a car and dies should not be considered as a victim of a car accident. He really died because he had a bad heart and was old.
It doesn't mean that at all - it means that if he had covid19, the covid19 is not what killed him but the injuries from the car accident.