O/T out and about...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

O/T out and about...

Post by hector »

I was out and about for 3 hours today, whilst my vehicle was getting work done for the MOT, for a start I do not recommend trying to occupy yourself for 3 hours in Andover on a monday moring.......

I was walking through the Chantry centre (it would be a covered shopping centre if there were any shops) and was not wearing a mask, as it is not required to do so there, when some nosey old bat stopped me and asked why I was not, my reply was not well received it seems...

All I said was "medical reasons", would she take it at face value?? no she would not, so I thought I would elucidate for her..
Apparently " I have a small fever, a niggling cough and shortness of breath" was not an answer she was expecting.... :) :)

Anyhow she scuttled off in a hissy fit, and I discovered something wonderful being done by our Government.... FREE FOOD!!

it seems that on mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays, all food in participating cafes etc is half price..... One full English breakfast later with extra Hash browns and Fried bread, (Mrs H had extra hash browns and poisonous toadstools disguised as mushrooms) we only paid for 1.... result....

might go shopping a bit later next monday too!!!

Anyway the vehicle passed it's MOT and only cost £132 this time.... not bad for an 03 diesel freelander.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: O/T out and about...

Post by The Subhuman »

I was in Sainsburys day before yesterday, a body builder and his goth GF were shopping without masks...Now I can see one maybe not eligible for health reasons but both would seem a large coincidence. Or maybe not, they went unchallenged though going in
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

anyway 40 degrees in my car, feels about 40 degrees, the hottest day we've had here for a long time, no wind, high humidity and pollution adding tho the irritation
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:06 pm I was out and about for 3 hours today, whilst my vehicle was getting work done for the MOT, for a start I do not recommend trying to occupy yourself for 3 hours in Andover on a monday moring.......
Hi Hector, I know Andover well, the wife’s family lived there for a number of years, yep Squaddies so know Ludgershall and Tidworth well. Only occasionally dodgy when they found out I was RAF :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's only about 50 miles away but I've only ever been once..and that not in the best circumstances.
hector

Post by hector »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:55 pm Hi Hector, I know Andover well, the wife’s family lived there for a number of years, yep Squaddies so know Ludgershall and Tidworth well. Only occasionally dodgy when they found out I was RAF :lol: :lol:
to be fair Ratty, once people know you are an ex crab, you are fair game :) :)
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 pm It's only about 50 miles away but I've only ever been once..and that not in the best circumstances.
Sorry to hear that bud, but it is not a town to visit unless you have to....

Didn't you see Judy Tzuke here not long back??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No, I've seen her on numerous occasion but don't recall Andover being one of them...but I do forget a lot of stuff. Seen Dweezil 4 times,can only remember one of the venues
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Hmmm!
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 amHmmm!
Hmmmm??
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 pm to be fair Ratty, once people know you are an ex crab, you are fair game :) :)
:lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector
Hmmmm??
As long as we have humour we are safe
hector

Post by hector »

I agree mate..... I know I was wrong to say it, but hey, I just couldn't help myself...... :mrgreen:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Hector you're never wrong old son - maybe not quite right on occasion but never wrong.