Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:20 pm I am sure you are right,.cant see him getting a start atm.

I would start him vs City however.

Think their is no substitute for confidence and fearlessness and we will need that vs City.

It would give the fans a lift to.
I definitely see him getting more minutes, coming on sooner, this season with a view to him competing on level terms with Bamford and Roberts next season for a starting spot.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:15 pm I definitely see him getting more minutes, coming on sooner, this season with a view to him competing on level terms with Bamford and Roberts next season for a starting spot.
Joe is ready now.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:15 pm I definitely see him getting more minutes, coming on sooner, this season with a view to him competing on level terms with Bamford and Roberts next season for a starting spot.
If you're good enough you're old enough....Lorimer was 15 when he made his first start.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Just bloody start him let's see how good he is
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Seriously under used this season. Let’s face it, if Bamford had been available he might not have even made the bench. I think that most teams outside of the top four would have had him playing more.
Come on MB, let him off the leash a bit more. In our current position in the league we need all our assets on the pitch and surely he now has to be one of our best assets.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:05 am Seriously under used this season. Let’s face it, if Bamford had been available he might not have even made the bench. I think that most teams outside of the top four would have had him playing more.
Come on MB, let him off the leash a bit more. In our current position in the league we need all our assets on the pitch and surely he now has to be one of our best assets.
We don't think like any other clubs.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Sad to think without Bamford being injured, he'd never have even played. There are no excuses for not playing him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Still Raphinha not been on the pitch when Joe has played.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 am Still Raphinha not been on the pitch when Joe has played.
It almost seems like MB is making it hard for Joffy to succeed....... :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:16 am It almost seems like MB is making it hard for Joffy to succeed....... :duno:
Can't wait to see these two play together, pretty sure Joe would have a field day with Raphinha's movement & accurate crossing/passing.

Not taking away the huge contribution of Roberts with his superb cross for Joe's debut goal :clap:
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

I’ve changed my position on this slightly, especially based on yesterday’s performance. I think that he is going to be a star for us and I want up him on the field as much as possible but by having him as a sub Bielsa can pick the exact most vulnerable spot for him to attack when he comes on, based on how the game is panning out, as he did yesterday.

The other thing is that by coming on as a sub he is now giving the team and the fans a huge lift. It may be the first time all season where the opposition actually look at a sub of ours and says “oh f*#k, look who’s coming on!”! That matters in a tight game.

Just bring him on earlier please!!
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Bielsa only put him yesterday because Raph got a knock otherwise he wouldn't have even got on the pitch.
Feel a bit sorry for the kid as he should be starting in front of Rodrigo, Roberts and James at CF.
If we're not careful he will get disillusioned and want a move which will be a travesty.
Come on MB give the lad a proper run in the team and see what he can do.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:25 pm Bielsa only put him yesterday because Raph got a knock otherwise he wouldn't have even got on the pitch.
Feel a bit sorry for the kid as he should be starting in front of Rodrigo, Roberts and James at CF.
If we're not careful he will get disillusioned and want a move which will be a travesty.
Come on MB give the lad a proper run in the team and see what he can do.
Agree he should Johnboy, he's a natural, instinctive striker. Joe's anticipation was a real poachers' goal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well done Joe :clap:

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Joe up front.
Dan to left mid.
Jack to the bench.
Keep Tyler where he is. He has actually looked good for the last couple of games.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

BobHirst wrote:Joe up front.
Dan to left mid.
Jack to the bench.
Keep Tyler where he is. He has actually looked good for the last couple of games.
Has to be but I think Joe will be kept as a super sub for now, unbelievable really but that's down to Bielsa.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

All you can ask of a player is that they make a positive contribution

Gelhard won a penalty today and vs Wolves and scored vs Chelsea

That gives him a goal contribution at Premier league level of 1 every 89minutes

And yet we make excuses for underperforming senior players.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Been a huge positive, yet it took a million injuries for him to get a chance, even though he was clearly good enough.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No doubt Joe will be one of the first to be dropped.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yet another example where the performance is judged on the player rather than the player on the performance.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.