Bielsas Contract.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Bielsas Contract.

Post by Irish Ian »

Just wondering what sort of things he would be asking for.

I listened to the one of the BBC podcasts which described Orta and Kinnears' trip to Buenos Aries in 2018 and while Bielsa was onboard from the start it took 6 weeks to agree a contract. Bielsa likes to take his time.

Money ( as in a salary ) was hardly mentioned but it seemed to centre more around Bielsa"s requirements for Leeds.

All day facilities for the squad, including a kitchen, sleeping areas and a games room so the players wouldnt get bored during the long days at TA.
Then came the running track, the Bobsleigh run, other changes to the behind the scenes.

Last season saw a few new faces, plus the massive clearout of the dross from the huge squad at Leeds. Pontus sold, Roofe sold. New accomodation for Bielsa in Wetherby. Plus no doubt discussions about the finances available to improve the squad

So I wonder what is in the mix this time around. Obviously certain players he would like.
White being the obvious one.

But I wonder what else he is holding out for?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bielsas Contract.

Post by SG90 »

I hope it isn't on the contingency we must buy White. Otherwise we're paying £40m to keep Bielsa. Is it worth that much when Poch is available for example?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:02 am I hope it isn't on the contingency we must buy White. Otherwise we're paying £40m to keep Bielsa. Is it worth that much when Poch is available for example?
That thought had crossed my mind.

I think paying a bit overs for White is acceptable. He fits in here, he knows the team, they know him, he looked settled.
But I would hate us to get ripped off for him.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Seems we are being held to ransom. Brighton is rapidly becoming one of those sides I dislike intensely.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I have it on good authority that Bielsa has been doing lots of research into halftime Tea ladies.
He has noted that the better-looking the tea lady in the dressing room at halftime then there's a greater possibility that she would distract the opposition, and this can give Leeds an advantage on the pitch after half time.

Victor Orta has been given a substantial budget to scout for tea ladies from the Scottish leagues, and there has been some conflict between Radrizzani and Bielsa, who would prefer the tea lady to be aquaint with th Japanese tea ceremony. However the fees for foreign tea ladies has shot through the roof due to the pandemic. Another bone of contention is the attire of the tea lady, Bielsa preferring a sedate kimono while Radrizzani has demanded a saucey French maid's outfit.

A compromise has been reached in that the home team will be served tea Japanese style in a sedate and meditative manner, while to opposition will have the tea served by a French maid, with much bending over the tea trolly.

The 49'ers have made the stipulation that if there is going to be further financing, then Leeds need to be looking at bringing in cheerleaders like they have in America, dancing on the side lines, since the distraction of high kicking females at critical times when opponents attack could help the team not to concede a goal. After much argument this plan of action will be put into place on the condition that the cheer leader's pom poms will be blue and yellow.

In the interests of equality Bielsa is demanding that he will only sign a new contract if there in a parity between investment in players and tea ladies, and since most tea ladies are on a minimum living wage, this would mean that Ben White would have to be satisfied with £12 an hour, and this could be a deal breaker.