The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th September) Leeds agree terms for Bayern star

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th September) Leeds agree terms for Bayern star

Post by Carrick Dave »

Morning troops, isn’t it a great day for basking?

Wilder revealed his true character yesterday, no grace in defeat whatsoever. Bitter little man. :)

I like Cantwell but this lad Cuisance seems to be a level above, and can apparently cover for Kalvin, Pablo or Klich.

Sadly Roberts showed since the restart last year that he wasn’t a 10 as nothing seemed to click till Pablo came on at half time in several games, so if Cuisance can just be groomed to share responsibility with and then succeed Pablo in the enganche role that will do for me.

Leeds buying players from Bayern’s first team squad, who’d a thunk it?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th September) Leeds agree terms for Bayern star

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 am Morning troops, isn’t it a great day for basking?

Wilder revealed his true character yesterday, no grace in defeat whatsoever. Bitter little man. :)

I like Cantwell but this lad Cuisance seems to be a level above, and can apparently cover for Kalvin, Pablo or Klich.

Sadly Roberts showed since the restart last year that he wasn’t a 10 as nothing seemed to click till Pablo came on at half time in several games, so if Cuisance can just be groomed to share responsibility with and then succeed Pablo in the enganche role that will do for me.

Leeds buying players from Bayern’s first team squad, who’d a thunk it?
We've come a long way since the likes of Michael Brown :-D
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Norm wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 am Have you noticed how much blinking Wilder does? Not so much this interview but another one I saw the other day. It's either to mask his exaggerations or to cool his mouth down in time for the next excuse. I think he's an example of the worst type of Yorkshireman, with a permanent whine ("whinge"?) in his voice and everything's t'other's fault never his.

Happen!
:scarfe2: :rol: :rol: :rol: :scarfe2:
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

"and everything's t'other's fault never his"

He'd make a good politician though!
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cuisance would be a great signing.

Hope it's true.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm Cuisance would be a great signing.

Hope it's true.
:tup: ... Same here John
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:48 am I see the stars are aligned to make Roberts this season's fan scapegoat.
Well said, Bielsa rates him, I rate him. This seasons Kalvin/Jack/Helder etc...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 pm Well said, Bielsa rates him, I rate him. This seasons Kalvin/Jack/Helder etc...
I'm really not seeing what you are Faaip

Bielsa only picking Roberts because of his experience & we have limited options in that position
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Roberts will be no more than a sub when things settle down and new players bedded in.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I would hate to see him go, however I would like him to get a season long loan with a championship or similar league club that is a challenger for promotion , where he gets regular starts... I think it would benefit him immensely.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wilder

I thought it was an even game tbh, he isnt wrong that they could have won.

Cuisance

Lets hope it comes off.

James

Id take him on loan.

Roberts

Not a scapegoat at all, he has been very poor since lockdown and has done nothing of note for a very long time. Ive never seen what others seem to see tbh, always struck me as quite an average player whose got this undeserved reputation for being a "top talent".
David Brooks is a top talent if we are talking about a similar age, Roberts isnt on his level and imo never will be.

Dont mean to be harsh on him but ive honestly never seen what some do, some talent yes but nothing to suggest he will be a top level player, just my view.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:59 pm I would hate to see him go, however I would like him to get a season long loan with a championship or similar league club that is a challenger for promotion , where he gets regular starts... I think it would benefit him immensely.
That's what Roberts needs Smudge
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

If Cuisance comes in then Tyler will get buried behind Pablo, Cuisance, and Rodrigo.

Too much potential to give up on, though. Maybe best to loan him out somewhere he can get regular playing time. He deserves better than a permanent seat on the bench.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

It's interesting with Roberts. Bielsa obviously sees a lot in him. Puts a lot of faith in him but he rarely comes off. It's interesting how many times Bielsa has started him then subbed him at half time. He's obviously an important ongoing work in progress. He'd probably be better if he played upfront, but that's not likely to happen with Bamford and Rodrigo in the squad. With all the talk we've had of a number 10, I think there's a good chance Roberts could go out on loan. If we'd signed De Paul, then his opportunities would be greatly limited. That said, Bielsa likes him and there's definite potential of Roberts becoming a quality player.

Lllorente may have to wait a while. It will probably be an injury that gets him in. But it might take time. He'd be in our starting XI at full strength but we know how Bielsa likes to work players and how difficult our system is to learn. WIthin a month I could see him covering RB, DC, or DMC. Immediately though, I'd only see him as back up for Koch as Bielsa would probably use Strujik at DCL and DMC and Dallas at RB. He's quality though and will probably be a starter by November.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

I think Roberts is better coming on after an hour or so when other teams are more fatigued.
He’s had many chances from the start but never really takes his opportunity.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:02 pm It's interesting with Roberts. Bielsa obviously sees a lot in him. Puts a lot of faith in him but he rarely comes off. It's interesting how many times Bielsa has started him then subbed him at half time. That said, Bielsa likes him and there's definite potential of Roberts becoming a quality player.
Well, that's the crux of the issue at the end of the day. no matter my personal opinions of Roberts, Bielsa knows best.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

My main issue with Roberts, is he's had countless chances and done nothing to deserve keeping a starting spot. How many times has he been subbed off at HT after an anonymous performance? Yet the likes of Shackleton and Bogusz are never given a chance.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:16 pm My main issue with Roberts, is he's had countless chances and done nothing to deserve keeping a starting spot. How many times has he been subbed off at HT after an anonymous performance? Yet the likes of Shackleton and Bogusz are never given a chance.
I agree. Judging from AJS’s report on the U23s earlier, Gelhardt and Greenwood will be coming up on the rails too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:16 pm My main issue with Roberts, is he's had countless chances and done nothing to deserve keeping a starting spot. How many times has he been subbed off at HT after an anonymous performance? Yet the likes of Shackleton and Bogusz are never given a chance.
That's because Bielsa thinks Roberts is better and I do see promise everytime he plays and MB has put in a lot of time getting Roberts playing how he wants him too. I thought defensively Roberts has come on leaps and bounds and that my guess is Bielsa wants to wear teams down while playing a little cautiously first half. Roberts came off at HT, Rodrigo, the more attack minded AMF came on and we got the goal whereupon Rodrigo came off for the more defensive Alioski..

Rodrigo, Bogusz and Shackleton are answers to the question posed by someone earlier "Who else do we have to play there?"
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"