Big six proposal - Unbelievable or not!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Big six proposal

Post by dezzy »

Stupid move making it so public, it was very going to pass and leaves all involved looking bad.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://news.sky.com/story/top-english- ... e-12109175

Goodbye :wave:

Great news, if they go lock them out of English football for at least a decade.

If they want back in make them buy in, £250mil for the EFL was it? Ok £250mil for the EFL and say £100mil for the Prem (each club who left).

Oh and the money only gets them back in (after a suitably long period of time) they dont get back in in the EPL no no no, start from the bottom.

If they want to buy any English based players then make them pay triple.

See how long their fans put up with Barcelona, Madrid, Juve, Bayern smacking them each week.

Realistically only Liverpool or Man City have a hope.

Think it would be hilarious :lol:
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Great for the fans too, they'll love spending all that loot every 2 weeks to go abroad, especially now there will be passport control to go through everytime ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

dezzy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 pm Stupid move making it so public, it was very going to pass and leaves all involved looking bad.
Here we go again , man u and liverpool pushing a euro and world league. Fifa backing an initial 18 club league, with big investment firms behind it.

Champions League becomes second tier. Lets see where this takes us, Uefa vs Fifa power play.

Stay tuned folks.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:30 pm See how long their fans put up with Barcelona, Madrid, Juve, Bayern smacking them each weak.
This single line has given me a different outlook on the subject. Too right - let them go and good riddance.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Scum and Liddypool trying to put pressure on the EPL to re open talks about the Prem...so much against a super league, mainly the expense (travel)for fans... for it to be a non starter... Pure greed, EPL rated the best league in the world...where does it stop?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:03 pm This single line has given me a different outlook on the subject. Too right - let them go and good riddance.
I think it would be hilarious.

How many fans do Liverpool and Manure have purely because of some money spinning tour and some trophies?

How many plastics who barely know the names of the players but have 15 football shirts?

They wont last long, the 3rd or 4th defeat to Bayern in 6 months should do it, be off to support Everton or Salford.
Signed

King Cjay

LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:47 pm I think it would be hilarious.

How many fans do Liverpool and Manure have purely because of some money spinning tour and some trophies?

How many plastics who barely know the names of the players but have 15 football shirts?

They wont last long, the 3rd or 4th defeat to Bayern in 6 months should do it, be off to support Everton or Salford.
Really do not care how they do, as long as we have a pyramid here. There would be serious consequences for La Liga, Seria and maybe Bundesliga ( tbd). The Fifa support is what really hankers me, as they have the muscle to dictate as most players want to play in the World Cup etc.

Disruption is always uncomfortable, but sometimes necessary, but the game being run by a few is not palatable. Going away from team and their community links has been at the root cause, and of course the $$.

Waiting for the shoe to drop, let's see what Uefa has in response.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I just think it is distasteful for these clubs to be looking to set this up in a middle of covid 19. So much money being bandied about which of course will be extracted from the punters at the same time the country and communities are staring down the barrell of bankruptcy.

Shameful.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lets now go to one of Sky Sports main pundits for analysis.

I am sure he will have an insightful and balanced view of the situation.
Yep thats about right :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

LUFC_BOS wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm Here we go again , man u and liverpool pushing a euro and world league. Fifa backing an initial 18 club league, with big investment firms behind it.

Champions League becomes second tier. Lets see where this takes us, Uefa vs Fifa power play.

Stay tuned folks.
Ya greed has ruined the game. A euro league has always been the dream of the big clubs of Europe, if it had some form of relegation or a way for teams to get in
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Big 6 my arse:

Man City 11th. Man United 15th. Chelsea 9th.

And let's not forget where Chelsea and Man City were not too long ago.

They want to close off the opportunities that they benefitted from. They can talk about the Top 6 all they want. Leeds were Top 6 less than 20 years ago. Leicester were champions 4 years ago. It's such a prtentious, dillusional, and selfish concept.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:50 pm Big 6 my arse:

They want to close off the opportunities that they benefitted from. They can talk about the Top 6 all they want. Leeds were Top 6 less than 20 years ago. Leicester were champions 4 years ago. It's such a prtentious, dillusional, and selfish concept.
Top 6 in ability? No. Top 6 in wealth? That's what matters, after all...
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:50 pm Big 6 my arse:

Saw a documentary the other day , on clubs machinations leading up to formation of Premier League , I guess it covered 87 onwards . Back then Everton were one of the big 5 . Man City and Chelsea were nothings in the scheme of things . It was the north London pair , Merseyside and Man Utd . Basically same thing different era , they want the cake for themselves but plead it's for the good of the game . Programme was When football changed forever , it's on YouTube . Vile though it is , the proposals the big 6 made were even worse , however FIFA trying to grab the cash by making a Euro League . Hope UEFA stand up to them and if any clubs do form that , then be omitted from their own leagues and European competition for good. IMO anything involving FIFA is dodgy .
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hope they leave tbh. Then the Euro league is a miserable failure and they have to join non league to get up into the English pyramid. :lol:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:55 am IMO anything involving FIFA is dodgy .
Totally agree mate...how many of their members of the board have been done for fraud etc,...very dodgy outfit.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

so it sounds like something similar is getting pushed through. I absolutely hate it... the big 6 will keep on remaining the big 6
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Don't think they understand that not everyone in the new league can win. Somebody has to finish bottom.

How will scum fans react when their side finish with a losing record? What would Arsenal's record be this year if they were playing Barca and Real every week? How many tickets would they sell then?

This would be terrible for football. I won't watch.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Ban them all from everything else, including each club’s players from their own respective national teams. Then let them wallow alone in their own self-indulgence.

Disgusts me. And I would say that if Leeds were involved.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:57 pm so it sounds like something similar is getting pushed through. I absolutely hate it... the big 6 will keep on remaining the big 6
The Champions League reforms?

Its bollocks.
Signed

King Cjay