Football continues I assume?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Football continues I assume?

Post by 1964white »

Premier League shouldn't be an issue with the testing until there are too many positive tests to manage. Concerned for lower divisions though
1964white

Re: Football continues I assume?

Post by 1964white »

Pointless internationals should be scrapped though
1964white

Post by 1964white »

During a news conference to announce the measures, Johnson gave a thumbs up and said "Yes to the Premier League" when asked if top-flight football will continue.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

With the current climate it should be just home leagues and games right now ...no travel end off...no travel abroad ....
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:07 pm Pointless internationals should be scrapped though

Don’t think we should have been playing them anyway. Seems like a risk not worth taking. A potential outbreak in the Portugal squad last break could have had a major impact on a lot of leagues.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Thought they should have stopped the sport for a month, just to get the message across to those who still think popping out to the bookies is a necessary journey.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The country needs something to look forward to.....as Jurgen Klopp said before football was re-instated "Football is the most important thing of the least important things".....
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

For the supporter football continues online only. Just like the cinema, theatre and shopping the new norm is home based, or at least until the digital passport is up and running. Pass the all clear test and admittance is granted to sports stadiums, gymnasium, shopping centres, public transport systems, public buildings, hospitals and being able to travel abroad.

I won't ever pay a penny to watch any game online. Until British football returns to normal like it used to be, I will not be a happy bunny watching it online with what sounds to me like ghost songs from fans long since passed.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm sure we all want football to return to normal asap, as it used to be.
This topic is about football in this country ie England and the ability for it to continue during the latest lockdown.
It is to continue, so I for one am grateful, at least for that!