Positives & Negatives v Everton (a) one of each please

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Positives & Negatives v Everton (a) one of each please

Post by 1964white »

Positives......we outplayed Everton

Negatives....another clean sheet
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Re: Positives & Negatives v Everton (a) one of each please

Post by Lumiukko »

Positives - Full team performance
Negatives - Wasteful finishing again. If we can take our chances someone is going to get a real hiding.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Positive - Another clean sheet!

Negative - We have scored 1 goal out of the last 48 attempts.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Positive: Raphinha
Negative: Cooper almost cost us with two big mistakes, bailed out by Meslier first and then Koch.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Lumiukko wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:02 pm Negatives - Wasteful finishing again. If we can take our chances someone is going to get a real hiding.
Next week hopefully!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Positives. A win.

Negatives. No-one was there to enjoy the away day
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Positives: Costa is a fine player, but Rapinha is class above as our recruitment team once again shows its worth

Negatives: Although that was a clean sheet, we didn't look as defensively solid as last week
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Positive: Rapinha, best Brazilian since Adryan

Negatives: Some of that finishing; Harrison, Bamford, Alioski
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Positives: The whole team effort.

Negatives: Not hearing that away roar when that superb goal went in.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Positives - we have played 5 out of the current top 8 in the table, and are 11th.

Negatives - Our finishing ( yet again ) I really hope Paddy isn't regressing to the Paddy of old. I have never been 100% convinced by his new found form in terms of clinical finishing - it may yet turn out to be a flash in the pan. Harrison has no composure in front of goal. Ditto Alioski.

What gets me a bit is that I don't feel that Harrison's and Bamford's places are ever up for competition - today for instance Costa could have come on for Harrison, and Rodrigo for Bamford for the last half hour ( not in the 91st minute ! )If Costa can't defend then we need to sell him in January, as he will never fit in with Bielsa's system. We need players with shooting ability so that we don't always rely on intricate passing and then walking the ball into the net. Hernandez, Rodrigo and Klich ( at times ) have this ability - and now hopefully Raphina as well. Without Hernandez or Rodrigo we missed this cutting edge today - for example If you remove Hernadez's finishing from the last two seasons then where would we have ended up ?
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:49 pm Positives - we have played 5 out of the current top 8 in the table, and are 11th.

Negatives - Our finishing ( yet again ) I really hope Paddy isn't regressing to the Paddy of old. I have never been 100% convinced by his new found form in terms of clinical finishing - it may yet turn out to be a flash in the pan. Harrison has no composure in front of goal. Ditto Alioski.

What gets me a bit is that I don't feel that Harrison's and Bamford's places are ever up for competition - today for instance Costa could have come on for Harrison, and Rodrigo for Bamford for the last half hour ( not in the 91st minute ! ) If Costa can't defend then we need to sell him in January, as he will never fit in with Bielsa's system. We need players with shooting ability so that we don't always rely on intricate passing and then walking the ball into the net. Hernandez, Rodrigo and Klich ( at times ) have this ability - and now hopefully Raphina as well. Without Hernandez or Rodrigo we missed this cutting edge today - for example If you remove Hernadez's finishing from the last two seasons then where would we have ended up ?
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Positive- Made plenty chances just need to be more clinical and start converting them into goals

Negative- got cut open on the break a few times it have proved costly due to our inability to hit the net
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Pos - We have stopped heamoraging goals, 2 clean sheets.

Neg - The monkey on our back when it comes to finishing... one day very soon the flood gates will open.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:49 pm Negatives - Our finishing ( yet again ) I really hope Paddy isn't regressing to the Paddy of old. I have never been 100% convinced by his new found form in terms of clinical finishing - it may yet turn out to be a flash in the pan.
PB has always been a streaky striker, it may be happening again. That said it is the same problem that the whole team don't score enough and it isn't like we often see Bamford getting his first goal of the game as the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win, so there is always the added pressure that comes with us desperately trying to score.

Positive - Messlier, similar to the Arsenal game he made crucial saves when called upon. Looking more assured and like a keeper now rather than just a gangly teenager put in net because they are tall.

Negative - Missed the after game interviews and got back down (from putting daughter to bed) to see Chris Wilder's grotesque face in his pre-match interview. My cup of tea had turned sour.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

weasel wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:02 pm PB has always been a streaky striker, it may be happening again. That said it is the same problem that the whole team don't score enough and it isn't like we often see Bamford getting his first goal of the game as the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win, so there is always the added pressure that comes with us desperately trying to score.

Positive - Messlier, similar to the Arsenal game he made crucial saves when called upon. Looking more assured and like a keeper now rather than just a gangly teenager put in net because they are tall.

Negative - Missed the after game interviews and got back down (from putting daughter to bed) to see Chris Wilder's grotesque face in his pre-match interview. My cup of tea had turned sour.
I think that's why we need competition for the no 9 shirt. Paddy has twice had 10 to 12 game goalless runs with us - we simply can't afford for that to happen in the PL.

I thought that Rodrigo was originally brought in to provide competition, not to play as a no 10. He can do both of course, but I would like to see Bamford substituted if he is having a poor game and has missed a couple of chances, as happened today. I do worry a bit that Bielsa sometimes falls out with our best players - Jansson, Hernandez and possibly now Rodrigo ?
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Positive - Outstanding and persistent bravery all over the pitch by all 11 Leeds players.

Negative - we look so vulnerable to any opponent that can head the ball in our own box it’s terrifying!
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Boo Radley wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 pm Positive - Outstanding and persistent bravery all over the pitch by all 11 Leeds players.

Negative - we look so vulnerable to any opponent that can head the ball in our own box it’s terrifying!
That's why I wish we had held on to Jansson,
gessa

Post by gessa »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:33 pm That's why I wish we had held on to Jansson,
He's on the bench at Brentford now though
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Positive. raphina looks quality

Negatives we need to take more of our chances
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »