Leeds 0:1 Villa Rate the Ref

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Re: Leeds 0:1 Villa Rate the Ref

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:16 pm Seeing Mings do his rugby tackle in that picture.

Did you see Mings go down in their box in the last minute without any contact on him, big man like him & fresh air blew him down like a sack of spuds.
Mongs , as I call him, is a real piece of shite, if he wasn't ***** he would get called from a pig to a post
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Leeds playing badly doesn’t excuse the elbow on Pablo or the rugby tackle on paddy.
There Is Only One United.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

billysboots wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm Leeds playing badly doesn’t excuse the elbow on Pablo or the rugby tackle on paddy.
:tup: the worse part is if these had been sorted, we would have gotten a point at least, I'm not saying we deserved to win , as we were crap, but the ref made some howlers
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

billysboots wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm Leeds playing badly doesn’t excuse the elbow on Pablo or the rugby tackle on paddy.
Please score the ref mate
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:17 pm Mongs , as I call him, is a real piece of shite, if he wasn't ***** he would get called from a pig to a post
why is a colour being blocked as swearing ? FFS !
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

A very typical refereeing performance.
Allowed throw-ins to be taken 10 to 15 yards ahead of where they should have been. Allowed a lot of time wasting particularly by Martinez. Usually called a foul if a player fell over after a hand was placed on him. Allowed Tarrget to get away with more than he should. Bamford is clearly bundled to the ground right in front of him and nothing is called. Imagine a player being openly pulled to the ground anywhere else on the field. It would be a yellow card and a free kick no debate about it.
So all in all an average refereeing display.
I'll give it foive!
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

BobHirst wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:21 am A very typical refereeing performance.
Allowed throw-ins to be taken 10 to 15 yards ahead of where they should have been. Allowed a lot of time wasting particularly by Martinez. Usually called a foul if a player fell over after a hand was placed on him. Allowed Tarrget to get away with more than he should. Bamford is clearly bundled to the ground right in front of him and nothing is called. Imagine a player being openly pulled to the ground anywhere else on the field. It would be a yellow card and a free kick no debate about it.
So all in all an average refereeing display.
I'll give it foive!
is that a 5 ?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds not playing well does not allow a ref to make bad decisions or ignore blatant cheating and rule breaking...Inconsistancy a refs worse failing... No call on a blatant penalty on Bamford, shameful... (but not the first and wont be the last)

Ratiing...4
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Yes 5
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Only 10 votes so far, so bumping it
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Bankes and Coote are the two worst refs to come up from the Championship in recent seasons, however the only ref I really liked last season was the Aussie whose name I have forgotten, but he always let the game flow, and you rarely noticed him, which is the sign of a good ref. Anyway, first half he wasn't bad. Second half, he never got on top of the timewasting, and Targett should have had a second yellow at least three times. Final score 5. VAR should be helping the ref out with penalty shouts, but never seem to, but that's another discussion.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:24 am Bankes and Coote are the two worst refs to come up from the Championship in recent seasons, however the only ref I really liked last season was the Aussie whose name I have forgotten, but he always let the game flow, and you rarely noticed him, which is the sign of a good ref. Anyway, first half he wasn't bad. Second half, he never got on top of the timewasting, and Targett should have had a second yellow at least three times. Final score 5. VAR should be helping the ref out with penalty shouts, but never seem to, but that's another discussion.
Jarred Gullett
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 am Jarred Gullett
Gillett - That's the one.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:36 pm Please score the ref mate
I’ll give him a 5.
There Is Only One United.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Any more votes? only 12 so far, I will post the result just before our game with West Ham, that should be interesting as we have Mike Dean as ref, he likes a card or 5 !
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Peter Bankes scored a total of 51.5 from 12 votes giving a average of 4.3 , the lowest so far,
Lets hope Mike Dean doesn't do worse tonight