Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Covid Wars

Post by Leeds1000 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm Exactly Bob. So why are we wasting Vaccinations on children? I would offer the elderly and vulnerable 1 jab a month to offer them full protection. Lets keep the efficacy at 92% or whatever it is why let it wane over time.

You can still catch Covid after Vaccination tho 64. I presume your pals have been double jabbed so will get mild symptoms. We won't stop the spread of Covid. Kids like we all were once will fight the infections naturally and build strong immunity. In the vid Witty couldn't provide a medical reason for vaccination? If i had kids i guess we would be holidaying in Skegness for a number of years. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:33 pm You can still catch Covid after Vaccination tho 64. I presume your pals have been double jabbed so will get mild symptoms. We won't stop the spread of Covid. Kids like we all were once will fight the infections naturally and build strong immunity. In the vid Witty couldn't provide a medical reason for vaccination? If i had kids i guess we would be holidaying in Skegness for a number of years. :)
You can & yes, they are both doubly vaccinated.

David has a nasty cough & is feeling rough, without the jabs his symptoms could have been much worse, unsure how the other fella is tbh.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm Because children are the biggest spreaders of colds, flu & covid.

Covid is more prevalent amongst children now that 85% of adults are vaccinated.

Two blokes I know have recently contracted covid from their grandchildren, the reason why schools have constantly been shutting over the last eighteen months.
Which they'd still spread if they were immunized.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:36 pm Which they'd still spread if they were immunized.
Not the same volume of infections, though.

Smallpox, TB & other serious viruses wouldn't have been eradicated if not for vaccines.

We need to get the infection/death rates down to a bare minimum rate.

The more people vaccinated, the less chance of infections.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:12 pm You can & yes, they are both doubly vaccinated.

David has a nasty cough & is feeling rough, without the jabs his symptoms could have been much worse, unsure how the other fella is tbh.
Mi old man had the rough cough despite being double jabbed. He was thankful too. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:55 pm Mi old man had the rough cough despite being double jabbed. He was thankful too. :tup:
I bet he was, 1000 :tup:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

If you believe the French study of 22 million people (and why wouldn't you?) then yet again it is clear that getting vaccinated greatly protects you from getting really ill and from dying.
It does not prevent you from getting infected, which means that vaccinated people can and will pass it on to the unvaccinated people. Unvaccinated people will continue to get Covid and will continue to die.
I feel reasonably happy about my chances regarding Covid but I wish everyone would protect themselves.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Covid infections rising significantly, with nearly a thousand deaths a week.

If only our government had maintained the mask rule when easing restrictions, big mistake Boris :chair:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I still wear a mask though I do like to take it off when my breathing starts to go bad
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Well we're out the other side now. The daughter caught it at school passed it onto the wife, I managed to swerve it. So I guess a 50% infection protection rate from the vaccine in a house full of covid fog for 2 weeks.
The wife's breathing was laboured at times with a high temperature so a 100% success rate
in our house for preventing hospitalisation or death.

VOAL
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:00 pm I still wear a mask though I do like to take it off when my breathing starts to go bad
I do in crowded areas & when entering shop premises, restaurants, etc wore one of my masks when I had my ears syringed this afternoon as did the lady consultant, she reminded me of a younger version of Angela Rippon (a very smart lady).

I'll be one of a select few wearing my LUFC mask at the forthcoming Wolves & Norwich games.

You take care with your breathing, Faaip.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 pm Well we're out the other side now. The daughter caught it at school passed it onto the wife, I managed to swerve it. So I guess a 50% infection protection rate from the vaccine in a house full of covid fog for 2 weeks.
The wife's breathing was laboured at times with a high temperature so a 100% success rate
in our house for preventing hospitalisation or death.

VOAL
Glad to hear your girls are ok, VOAL
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

West of Scotland hit by 25% increase in heart attacks. Could this be the result of the deep fried Mars bar craze or something else? Enquiring minds want to know.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Probably caused by watching Celtic.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 am Probably caused by watching Celtic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SaraM wrote:Probably caused by watching Celtic.
you could be rightImage

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Breaking news: vaccines 100% effective
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Finland have now gone for vaccine passports.ImageImage

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 am Finland have now gone for vaccine passports.ImageImage

People living in fear will accept any loss of liberty if they believe it will keep them 'safe'. I doubt we'll get back to having a life where our movements aren't scrutinised and controlled; the new normal, indeed. Future generations will look back at this time and wonder how we could have been so gullible.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SaraM wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:18 am Future generations will look back at this time and wonder how we could have been so gullible.
Possibly.

Or, as has repeatedly happened in history, future generations may look back on the vaccines and marvel at how, yet again, science and medicine have addressed a virus that claimed millions of lives. And wonder how those who doubted it could have been so gullible.