Leicester Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Leicester Thread - Schmeichel leaves Leicester

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:18 pm I have much more hair than him as well :lol:
far too f**king much for a bloke of your age!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

:)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 pm far too f**king much for a bloke of your age!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

I knew that would bring you out of your hutch :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:37 pm :lol:
Question is : Would you love Leicester or list it. Or just blow it up :fire:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 pm far too f**king much for a bloke of your age!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

Jealousy will get you nowhere dear heccy :lol:
1964white

Re: Leicester Thread

Post by 1964white »

Former Cardiff goalkeeper Alex Smithies has joined Leicester City on a free transfer - their first summer signing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Part of me secretly hopes they get relegated, just to see how Radz combusts!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very early of course but not surprised at all to see Leicester bottom.

Were one of my wildcard picks to struggle.

Beaten by Chelsea who had 10 men for an hour.

Been extremely reliant on Jamie Vardy for years and have always struggled without him (points per game is relegation level).

All it takes is for him to have a dip as happens to all players eventually as they get older and they were always going to struggle.

Owners unable to spend anymore because of covid and a few poor windows so not to many assets to sell

The Leicester model is always one step away from disaster imo (hope Radz is paying attention).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:45 pm Very early of course but not surprised at all to see Leicester bottom.

Been extremely reliant on Jamie Vardy for years and have always struggled without him (points per game is relegation level).

All it takes is for him to have a dip as happens to all players eventually as they get older and they were always going to struggle.

Owners unable to spend anymore because of covid and a few poor windows so not to many assets to sell

The Leicester model is always one step away from disaster imo (hope Radz is paying attention).
Agree. Leicester been on a steady if not dramatic decline for past 2 years. Rodgers seems to have a limited timeframe.

Struggled last year when Vardy was injured. Never found a suitable replacement. Difficulty finding a replacement may be down to Vardy's unique style. Never seemed to adapt to having a different striker up front. Vardy getting older, less reliable, and just tied up a new contract.

Fofana may be leaving. That will give them more money to play with. But it would also weaken them in the short term while new players adjust.

==================================

I know several knock Radz for citing the Leicester model and are quick to point out it's flaws. I mostly agree with Radz in buying and selling players to improve the quality of our squad each year. Our advantage is that we have a better fan base and marketability. We can follow the Leicester model for a couple of years, but we're a better commercial product and have the capability to transcend it.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:45 pm Very early of course but not surprised at all to see Leicester bottom.

I always thought they'd go down once Vardy retired, but if he has a poor year, they will be in serious trouble.

Strangely they've rejected a £70m bid for Fofana, but have him training with the u23s.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:59 pm Agree. Leicester been on a steady if not dramatic decline for past 2 years. Rodgers seems to have a limited timeframe.

Struggled last year when Vardy was injured. Never found a suitable replacement. Difficulty finding a replacement may be down to Vardy's unique style. Never seemed to adapt to having a different striker up front. Vardy getting older, less reliable, and just tied up a new contract.

Fofana may be leaving. That will give them more money to play with. But it would also weaken them in the short term while new players adjust.

==================================

I know several knock Radz for citing the Leicester model and are quick to point out it's flaws. I mostly agree with Radz in buying and selling players to improve the quality of our squad each year. Our advantage is that we have a better fan base and marketability. We can follow the Leicester model for a couple of years, but we're a better commercial product and have the capability to transcend it.
Problem is though you have to guarantee the players will be better and you can't keep getting lucky. Especially as price tags and wages keep going up, but the quality isnt.

The best option is to sign young players and build a squad. Of course you won't keep them all, but it's a better model.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Two signings including a sub goalie.

Check out their signings, results, scorers & other info on the opening post of this topic

One point out of fifteen.

Are the former PL champions going down?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:13 pm
It's not looking great for them. Even bets on Rodgers getting fired or quitting for another job.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The foxes start to the season is worse than ours last season,

Things not looking good for the ex-champions.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Don't really know what to think here , something tells me they may do a Newcastle and eventually steadily move away from the bottom , same with Villa .Hope not because every team doing badly is a good thing for Leeds .It only takes a couple of wins to be out of the more but only a couple of losses to be in it at this stage of the season .I can see Wolves staying in the relegation battle and hopefully Everton will too . I thought Brentford might get second season syndrome but no signs so far . Leicester though , it's a strange one but I don't see this continuing , too many decent players and Brendan Rogers .Mind you their board might do something like sack him and do a Burnley .
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:21 pm It's not looking great for them. Even bets on Rodgers getting fired or quitting for another job.
He'll get £27m payoff if they sack him, so can't see him quitting.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Don't think they can afford to sack him?

The owners have really suffered because of covid business wise.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:02 pm Don't think they can afford to sack him?

The owners have really suffered because of covid business wise.
Who could they afford that is better? A manager change won't fix the issues with the owners either.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Leicester model! :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:00 pm
The Leicester model! :shock:
Always had a short shelf life

Shouldn't be forgotten though that the Leicester owners have provided £325million in funding at Leicester after purchasing.

They were sponsoring them for 3 years before the takeover as well.
Signed

King Cjay